X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Originally posted by pzarquon
    It looks like they reversed the image!
    This makes sense... it properly reverses traffic flow and the position of the steering wheel. But since there are legible signs in both shots, it means the prop guys had fun making backwards stuff!
    That's too funny. While I was watching it I was thinking to myself "Did they go to the trouble of tracking down or flying in a car with the steering wheel on the other side, or did they just flip the negative?" But then I saw the signage reading correctly and wondered what would be more trouble/less costly to production, "fixing" signage digitally or via props, or just getting the car!

I'm gonna have to rewatch that scene for reverse things, like watches/rings on the wrong hand. I did notice that Jack's dad reached for the radio from the left side and the display was correct, so they were definitely on top of their movie magic!

Comment

As a retired continuity director (aka script supervisor) I'm really impressed with how much detail you HTers see. Congrats!

Comment

But this building from weeks ago continues to elude me. Driving around randomly found me the Makini St. house, but I don't have a clue about where to start.
        I found it! 3410 Leahi Ave., "Hale Hana" apartments right off of Kapahulu Ave. You were right about the gas station near the building; it is a Chevron. Sorry, no picture. I figured you might want to take it .
        Last edited by arturo_h; May 6, 2006, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Bravo, Arturo,

I'm sure pzarquon will get us a photo. I do the Hawaii for Visitors website at About.com and I've worked with him on two articles I've done on filming locations for LOST. He's a great photographer. Thanks for finding this location. It has had a lot of us stumped for weeks.

We kept trying to find this over near the airport, but in reality its right near the zoo not far away from the house in last week's episode. I know I've probably driven past this location tons of times.

It was kinda funny, we went through quite a few episodes this year that didn't have any good locations - mostly jungle or clearly studio sets. Last week was had some great locations and the final episode has that really super location near Makapuu where the camp of the Others was filmed. I'm sure most of you have seen the photos over there taken by a fellow from the mainland who was on vacation on Oahu.

John

Comment

Originally posted by arturo_h
            I found it! 3410 Leahi Ave., "Hale Hana" apartments right off of Kapahulu Ave. You were right about the gas station near the building; it is a Chevron.
            Aweslome, Arturo! Sheesh! It was right there! I figured it might have been lost in some cluster of condos and apartments in Makiki or Salt Lake, but instead, it's right alongside one of the busiest thoroughfares in Honolulu! I could just kick myself. Especially since I was driving on Leahi Ave. yesterday! Talk about tunnel vision.

Good to see you, John! For those who haven't seen his articles, they are:No doubt there's a third piece in the works!

A little bird tells me "LOST" is filming in the Capitol district today. Alas, I'm marooned in Mililani as some long-overdue home-improvement projects get underway.

Comment

Thanks pzarquon for the plugs for my articles. I certainly didn't want to spam this forum with links to my own stuff, but I appreciate the links. Actually I almost have enough for 2 more articles. Unfortunately our tool only allows 10 pages per article.

The Others camp photos are at:

http://www.noghri.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6781

for anyone who hasn't seen them.

John

Comment

A little bird tells me "LOST" is filming in the Capitol district today. Alas, I'm marooned in Mililani as some long-overdue home-improvement projects get underway.
                Wow, so they're still filming this late into May when the final episode airs in three weeks? Last year they were off all of May and June I think, weren't they?

The rainy weather really fouled them up.

John

Comment

They could be filming for the third season.

Comment

Aweslome, Arturo! Sheesh! It was right there! I figured it might have been lost in some cluster of condos and apartments in Makiki or Salt Lake, but instead, it's right alongside one of the busiest thoroughfares in Honolulu! I could just kick myself. Especially since I was driving on Leahi Ave. yesterday! Talk about tunnel vision.
                    Yea, when I saw that photo I knew I've seen that building somewhere. Since I live in Makiki, I began looking there too. I was guessing either there or Mo'ili'ili. But I never thought Kapahulu. Anyways, glad to have helped out, I know how much it was bothering you not knowing where that was shot.
                    Arturo

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                      They could be filming for the third season.
                      An interesting thought. Two weeks does seem like an awfully tight turnaround, even for a short scene in the finale. Perhaps they're "banking" a scene or two (I'm guessing it's a flashback) that includes actors that are on hand now but may not be available later? Hmm.

Thanks for the link to the camp set, John. I'm really trying to resist the temptation to head out to Sandy Beach!

Comment

An interesting thought. Two weeks does seem like an awfully tight turnaround, even for a short scene in the finale. Perhaps they're "banking" a scene or two (I'm guessing it's a flashback) that includes actors that are on hand now but may not be available later? Hmm.

Thanks for the link to the camp set, John. I'm really trying to resist the temptation to head out to Sandy Beach!
                        Lost-Media.com already has promo shots up for the final episode, so perhaps they are doing some work for next year.

Somewhere I read that when someone checked the area out near Sandy Beach last week, the set was already taken down. That seems strange to me since I would think if the cliffhanger happens there, they will have to reconstruct it all again in a month or two. I'd really be curious to see if it's still there.

Did you see the photo/map of the route he took to get his shots?

They're at:

http://lost-forum.com/showthread.php?t=37607&page=5

John
                        Last edited by fisch1; May 6, 2006, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Something interesting I found on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_video...AbrahamJeffrey

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                            Something interesting I found on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_video...AbrahamJeffrey
                            Thanks for these Joe. From everything I've read on the Net, these seem to be very accurate. I've seen some spoiler photos from the next episode such as one that has Locke and Eko pushing the plane away and finding a hatch.

Someone has some pretty good info on the upcoming episodes. It's all fine with me since seeing them in the show is much more interesting.

What a great group of Lost fans you have here.

John

Comment

Speaking of photos, you know one site that none of us have ever gotten? It's the new beach location at Police Beach. When I was last on Oahu, I didn't know they were filming at Police Beach. I got lots of shots over at Mokuleia only to get home and learn that they had just moved over to Police Beach. From what I understand the security is really tight up there when they're filming. Once they're done for the season it will probably be really tough to nail down precisely where they're filming. But...I'll try this fall for sure.

Has anyone seen the "callsheet" for the final episode which someone found. It's definitely genuine. It shows filming of scenes of "the hatch" at Heeia. That's a real surprise to me. I have never heard of them filming there. I'm not sure how to post an image here, so if you want me to email you a copy of the callsheet email me at gohawaii.guide@about.com and I'll send it to you.

John

Comment

John, that call sheet was linked a page or two back. I did a dorky video standup from the location for a "LOST" video podcast.

I should note that we're dancing around spoiler territory, and so should use spoiler tags when refencing some details.

But is the cooll camp set at Makapuu gone? No. I was just there! Nearly killed myself going up and around the back way (and found out I didn't have to, and walked out right past the security guard), and got to poke around quite a bit.

Stay tuned for some up close and personal photos! Now I know I need help.

Comment

Working...
                                X