Clear All

• Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 2

Is Trini Kaopuiki pregnant again?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
      Is Trini Kaopuiki pregnant again?
      Check with our very own Craig Watanabe!!!

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      ohh to be the blessor
      in the Diane Ako thread...post #103
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I watch the news once in a while, probably not nearly as much as you all do since you are so knowledgeable with respects to all the different personalities on different channels. In general, my opinion is that the quality of talent has gone downhill. Hasn't it? I understand people like Russell Shimooka was either adored (by mostly older japanese ladies) or hated by some others. I actually thought he was really creative, articulate, funny and cute! He was creative by doing things a lot differently thant the average newscaster. He was a true "reporter" out in the field and still sat behind the anchor desk to read the teleprompter as well. He was one who thought and worked "outside the box". I think they should bring him back. He probably has the most experience of any of the current anchors or reporters on the major stations now in Hawaii. What I didn't like was his partner, Jade Moon a whole lot.

I hear Shawn Ching is actually a very nice person, would never say a bad thing about anyone, and is a man of integrity. Wonder how true that is. He sure is cute! Now that he is gone, whether it's temporary or for good, that crew looks like a motley crue if you ask me. I read in an earlier post that he's arrogant and thinks he's "all that". Really? I've ran into him several times and have never seen that side of him. I liked him the most on that channel. He was the only one who was soft on the eyes so to speak.

All I want to see is good news that pertains to me, delievered in a progressive, articulate and even at times, an entertaining way. I guess money is the major obstacle to getting the best talent and people to deliver the news in this new era of hi tech internet, etc.

Comment

I watch the news once in a while, probably not nearly as much as you all do since you are so knowledgeable with respects to all the different personalities on different channels. In general, my opinion is that the quality of talent has gone downhill. Hasn't it? I understand people like Russell Shimooka was either adored (by mostly older japanese ladies) or hated by some others. I actually thought he was really creative, articulate, funny and cute! He was creative by doing things a lot differently thant the average newscaster. He was a true "reporter" out in the field and still sat behind the anchor desk to read the teleprompter as well. He was one who thought and worked "outside the box". I think they should bring him back. He probably has the most experience of any of the current anchors or reporters on the major stations now in Hawaii. What I didn't like was his partner, Jade Moon a whole lot.

I hear Shawn Ching is actually a very nice person, would never say a bad thing about anyone, and is a man of integrity. Wonder how true that is. He sure is cute! Now that he is gone, whether it's temporary or for good, that crew looks like a motley crue if you ask me. I read in an earlier post that he's arrogant and thinks he's "all that". Really? I've ran into him several times and have never seen that side of him. I liked him the most on that channel. He was the only one who was soft on the eyes so to speak.

All I want to see is good news that pertains to me, delievered in a progressive, articulate and even at times, an entertaining way. I guess money is the major obstacle to getting the best talent and people to deliver the news in this new era of hi tech internet, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
            Check with our very own Craig Watanabe!!!

in the Diane Ako thread...post #103

Now ain't that wishful thinking! But I'm happily married and shooting blanks so...ahem...IT wasn't me okay (that to Trini's main squeeze).

As for Shawn Ching, I hear he's a Big Island boy. He had a nice start working for Starcomm Hawaii (my company at the time) and is definately a nice person. Now Ron Mizutani can be a nice guy (to my wife) but never ever said hi to me at my brother in law's house in Kapolei (next door neighbors at the time) every New Year's eve.

Hey Ron...remember your neighbor Alan from Oceanic? Yeah he's my bro in law.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              [...]Hey Ron...remember your neighbor Alan from Oceanic? Yeah he's my bro in law.
              Last name begin with a "P"?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                Last name begin with a "P"?
                Nope last name as in Kojima.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Shawn Ching is a cool person and very humble

Anyone who says different doesn't know him or is too sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by foolish heart View Post
                    Shawn Ching is a cool person and very humble

Anyone who says different doesn't know him or is too sensitive.
                    Interesting segue.
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Interesting segue.
                      I just don't want to see anyone talking bad about Ching, who is a truly nice person.

Rumors start I thought he was like this? Or I heard he was like that?

Meet the guy first, talk, and then report what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by foolish heart View Post
                        I just don't want to see anyone talking bad about Ching, who is a truly nice person.

Rumors start I thought he was like this? Or I heard he was like that?

Meet the guy first, talk, and then report what you think.
                        Actually, I think you do want to start something. This will probably be all you get out of your attempt to draw out people who will insult him. I don't think anyone is even thinking about him. He's home taking care of his mom. Why would anyone write something bad about that? You must be bored. Go examine your navel lint.
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Actually, I think you do want to start something. This will probably be all you get out of your attempt to draw out people who will insult him. I don't think anyone is even thinking about him. He's home taking care of his mom. Why would anyone write something bad about that? You must be bored. Go examine your navel lint.
                          Shawn Ching is a great person. I know I've seen him out in the field when I've done stories.

He's down to earth and humble.

He talked to me about becoming a lawyer when I was thinking of going that way, gave me advice, etc. Even gave me a copy of a commercial for a friend of mine for free.

Comment

i've recently seen norman lee back on kgmb9. i thought he left and joined HPD or something like that. is he back at kgmb full time?

Comment

Originally posted by tvnewshound View Post
                              i've recently seen norman lee back on kgmb9. i thought he left and joined HPD or something like that. is he back at kgmb full time?
                              that's former KGMB reporter alan lu who joined HPD or was going through academy training at least. i don't think he's pau yet. norman is a producer/reporter that's been around khon and kgmb for years now and i don't think he's joining hpd anytime soon.

Comment

I don't think Norman would join unless they allowed suspenders to be worn with uniforms.

Comment

Working...
                                X