X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 2

Originally posted by LikaNui
    I must be missing something. If an anchor was sitting on the left side, then sitting on the right side, any viewer could notice that, when they show both anchors at once. Why would it have to be only someone who works there that would notice?
    You totally lost me here.
    Like the amish quote? Alright I'll quit that one!!!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Godzilla must have been on the set last night! at least they didn't yell out %^&*&) #@&^& and &*&(@#

Comment

Originally posted by idvfilms
        Godzilla must have been on the set last night! at least they didn't yell out %^&*&) #@&^& and &*&(@#
        Now they could have said, "*^@##% instead of that horrific statement. Oh my I think my virgin ears need some major cleaning now

Oh shit did I say fuck...oh fuck did I say shit...oh dammit all!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
          I must be missing something. If an anchor was sitting on the left side, then sitting on the right side, any viewer could notice that, when they show both anchors at once. Why would it have to be only someone who works there that would notice?
          You totally lost me here.
          From what I've seen, the move is done so that when they lead to a story, there is a graphic or video in the big monitor over their shoulder. Don't know the significance of this. Maybe to get more use of the expensive monitor????

Years ago, one of the funniest Alan Lu live bloopers occured when they went to him on a live shot. Everything seemed fine until he started his paragraph again. Apparently, he was practicing and did not know he was on the air. They eventually got it right the third time.

Comment

lol!!!!

that's classic

I think I remember that one he was stuck out in Haleiwa or something?

My friends and I were like, uh.... we got it the first time Mr Lu.

lol !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

heard this rumor

a reporter from one of the four tv stations is leaving.

dont know who or why-- anyone know?

Comment

Re: heard this rumor

Joe Moore.

Wait. He's not a reporter. He's an anchor.

Hmmm....Joe Moore?

Nah, nah. I dunno.

Auntie pUpule
                Last edited by 1stwahine; July 18, 2006, 11:04 AM.
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

......I agree!

Comment

Hmmm....Joe Moore?
                    What kind of a Crappy guess is that?

Comment

[QUOTE=manoasurfer123]
                      Hmmm....Joe Moore?[\QUOTE]

What kind of a Crappy guess is that?
                      MYOB Go on another thread!

This one's reserved.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

at any given time there might be one or more television reporters leaving one of the four stations here. that's just how the business goes. it's worse in some mainland cities and better at others. there's also been a lot of movement among the print reporters in town too, that's not so common but it seems to happen more often since the big JOA disintergrated.

let's look at each station:
                        KHON...maybe marisa yamane, like most young reporters she might have had a two to three year contract which is up already i think. Gina M? She lives here and runs a couple of preschools so i don't think it's her. Andrew P. as been living here for years though he has family ties to Miami. Everybody else there has been there for years and isn't moving.
                        KHNL...Cindy P. was just let go or left, do'nt know which one. Joanne Shin has mainland ties though i don't know if she was happy or unhappy at her job. Darren Pai, Diane Ako and Minna Sugimoto...all married or have kids or both and aren't going anywhere.
                        KGMB...there's new girl there, Sabrina Hall, she just got there. Hmmm...Cedric Moon might be ready to leave, he's from Cali I believe and might be ready to hit a bigger or similar sized market. everybody else there is good, besides ratings are up and why leave now.
                        KITV...nobody's going anywhere...they're not exactly jumping for joy there but they know they put out a good news product despite the ratings they get.

Comment

Joe Moore. He going NUTS with da new system. "I can't take it no moa!" Remember the Movie? Same ting. Real Life...different Drama!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by foolish heart
                            a reporter from one of the four tv stations is leaving.

dont know who or why-- anyone know?

wow. that's a lot to go on! really gets the investigative juices flowing!
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                              Joe Moore. He going NUTS with da new system. "I can't take it no moa!"
                              Maybe he'll pull his hair out (or what's left of his hair)
                              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                                Joe Moore. He going NUTS with da new system. "I can't take it no moa!" Remember the Movie? Same ting. Real Life...different Drama!
                                I have to agree with Mānoa. It was funny the first time, Aunty. Now it’s just stupid. Joe Moore couldn’t leave even if he wanted to. All veteran reporters and anchors have a no-compete clause in their contract which means that if you quit, aside from forfeiting the rest of your salary, you are not allowed to work anywhere else for three months (or more). Think he’s ready to do that with the money he’s making? I bet his wife isn’t. I know his ego isn’t.

Stop being such a clown!
                                Last edited by TuNnL; July 19, 2006, 03:51 AM.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                                USA TODAY, page 2A
                                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                                X