• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 2

Originally posted by TuNnL
    I think you’re thinking of Alan Lu | Reporter
    funny:
    "Island grown and always striving to make Hawaii a better place. That describes Alan Lu, " and decribes thousands of other generic people here in Hawaii, too.

"I want to make a difference in people's lives. If I can help them understand their world a little better, then I feel I've done my job."

'Oh, so THAT'S what that doorknob is for!'
    Go home Alan, Yer job is done.
    Last edited by kimo55; July 30, 2006, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      funny:
      "Island grown and always striving to make Hawaii a better place. That describes Alan Lu, " and decribed thousands of other generic people here in Hawaii, too.

"I want to make a difference in people's lives. If I can help them understand their world a little better, then I feel I've done my job."

'Oh, so THAT'S what that doorknob is for!'
      Go home Alan, Yer job is done.
      lol classic kimo!

yeah if that bio doesn't say "tool" I don't know what does

if we wanna get a good laugh or two my hubby and I just watch him struggle through a debrief.

good times

Comment

hey foolish heart, maybe you should change your name to evil heart.

I'm always amazed at how the anonimity of these sites encourages people to be so callous toward people they know nothing about. Shame on you foolish heart, and everyone else who attacks hardworking reporters here.

Alan has put in 9 years of solid reporting, and if he really does want to be a cop now then that part in his bio about making Hawaii a better place is a lot more than rhetoric. If it's true, then he's willing to put his life on the line for his community.

And yet you bash him. Get a life.

Comment

we will wantonly with malice aforethought, bash at will, any use of blank, unthinking unimaginative rhetoric, slogans, throw away phrases that can and are applied with equal ease in thousands of situations at any given moment.
          "get a life"?
          we say get a vocabulary.

Comment

Originally posted by winthrop
            hey foolish heart, maybe you should change your name to evil heart.

I'm always amazed at how the anonimity of these sites encourages people to be so callous toward people they know nothing about. Shame on you foolish heart, and everyone else who attacks hardworking reporters here.

Alan has put in 9 years of solid reporting, and if he really does want to be a cop now then that part in his bio about making Hawaii a better place is a lot more than rhetoric. If it's true, then he's willing to put his life on the line for his community.

And yet you bash him. Get a life.
            I am sorry.

I didn't mean to offend anyone. If he wants to serve the public as an officer then I support him every step of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery
              Is Brooks Baehr leaving?

Off topic...anyone remembers what Heidi Umbaugh looked like? I keep picturing barbara wallace...or marshall...err...wallace. whoever had the red hair.

Brunette, shoulder length hair, perhaps freckles...Maybe I'm thinking about Karen Waygood? um never mind.

On a different note, noticed Jodi Leong, Ben G, and Paula Akana at Manoa Valley Theater last night during last night's performance of "Pagent". They were probably there to see Keoki Kerr, who was excellent btw. In fact, the whole production was awesome, and so much fun.

Comment

• Re: pageant

Keanu, which contestant won Miss Glamouresse at your performance? We attended last Sunday's 4pm show and Miss Texas won. And you're right, it's a very good show, entertaining. Keoki definitely has talent.

Comment

• Re: pageant

Originally posted by wifeofchrees
                  Keanu, which contestant won Miss Glamouresse at your performance? We attended last Sunday's 4pm show and Miss Texas won. And you're right, it's a very good show, entertaining. Keoki definitely has talent.

Miss Texas won at our performance too. She was the best. We did enjoy Miss West Coast's interpretive dance performance during the talent competition though, "I am born!" lol...so funny.

Comment

i've been away on vacation for a while and when i left, there were postings about a local reporter leaving one of the 4-stations.
                    has the person been identified?

Comment

Originally posted by tvnewshound
                      i've been away on vacation for a while and when i left, there were postings about a local reporter leaving one of the 4-stations.
                      has the person been identified?
                      Good Morning.

In post 104.
                      Originally posted by tvnewsguy
                      I know who it is but can't say just yet. Here's a hint. It's a male reporter from KGMB.
                      Then in post 106. Maddie said Alan Lu.

Nothing since then to confirm.

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Alan who?

Comment

I have to agree with Winthrop. Alan Lu is probably the nicest male reporter in the history of Hawai‘i television. Somehow, foolish heart has it out for him. I sure hope there is some basis for this animosity.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                          USA TODAY, page 2A
                          11 March 1993

Comment

*sigh*

I said I was sorry earlier.

nevermind I keep putting my foot in my mouth

Comment

Originally posted by foolish heart
                              good for Stephanie!

wasn't she from Guam or something?
                              She spent a few years on Guam reporting for the local station there (KUAM) but isn't from Guam. I likened it to an internship of sorts in a smaller market before coming back to step her game up...

Comment

Originally posted by Royce
                                She spent a few years on Guam reporting for the local station there (KUAM) but isn't from Guam. I likened it to an internship of sorts in a smaller market before coming back to step her game up...
                                Sort of like Alan Lu, only in addition to Guam, he also reported for a Saipan station.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                                USA TODAY, page 2A
                                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                                X