This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Duane "Dog" Chapman

This is just a general question...shouldn't really be here... but with all this dog talk... couldn't help but wonder....

"When does a Puppy officially become a Dog?"

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      This is just a general question...shouldn't really be here... but with all this dog talk... couldn't help but wonder...
      Fascinating that you demonstrate at least this bare minimum of sense, but go ahead and post anyway. If a little voice tells you you shouldn't post, don't. Just Google it. Let the Duane "Dog" Chapman talk alone.

Speaking of which, looks like the "trade" speculated about here has gotten some notice. Though of course the feds are saying the extradition of Felix was unrelated.

Comment

This is just a general question...shouldn't really be here... but with all this dog talk... couldn't help but wonder....

"When does a Puppy officially become a Dog?"
        Manoa, are you Bored?heheheh

Dog will always be the "Dog." His employees under him whom I call "Puppies" will always remain so. Period.

I've been reading up on Mexican Jails/Prisons in general. Although I disagree in how Mr. Chapman and Crew operates their Bounty Hunter Business. Especially, how Mrs. Champman conducts herself on and off screen, as a fellow American I do not wish for he nor his son and make believe brother to be extradited to Mexico. Did I just type dat?

Yes, I did.

He is NOT a Hero to me. To many, he is a cartoon figure. His wife needs help. Bottom line he did get a serial rapist off the streets even if his motives was to claim the money in the first place. It doesn't matter...the guy is behind bars.

For whatever it's worth, I will send another email out to the President, Congressman Case and Abrocrombie to retract the one I sent last week. Anyway, they wouldn't listen to me ~ would they?heheheh

I'm only one.

Auntie pUpuLe!!!

Auntie Lynn

Note: Please excuse my Spelling.
        Last edited by 1stwahine; September 20, 2006, 01:48 PM.
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          Fascinating that you demonstrate at least this bare minimum of sense, but go ahead and post anyway. If a little voice tells you you shouldn't post, don't.
          Pz, are you still trying to teach a new trick to ol' dog Manoa?

Comment

Aunty Lynn, thanks for sharing your thoughts, and being upfront enough to concede that your opinion of this latest development in Chapman's life now upsets you. At first it's easy to laugh and joke about karma, but usually things get more complicated when you look at it more carefully.

Like you, I don't "love" him, though I certainly don't hate him, but independent of the character he plays or the man's character as a person, I think this whole affair just stinks. If not a "trade" for a fugitive in Mexico, it's still hard to see what the U.S. gets out of this deal. It has to be something big, for all the attention and criticism this very high-profile move has engendered.

It can't just be stupidity, can it? I almost hope there's another shoe waiting to drop.

Meanwhile, Mexico stands by, happy to show that it had no problem having a convicted rapist wandering around, but did get its panties in a twist when another American swooped in to drag him out. I'm sure the legal contortions must be a sight to see, seeking "Dog" for "kidnapping" someone who wasn't a citizen nor someone they ostensibly even wanted within their borders.

Comment

Bottom line he did get a serial rapist off the streets even if his motives was to claim the money in the first place. It doesn't matter...the guy is behind bars.
              Correction... Dog wouldn't have been able to claim any money had he returned Luster back to America.

The luster family put up ALL of the BAIL Money for Andrew.

There was nothing for Dog to gain financially other than Fame.

He couldn't have collected a penny of the Bail because the Luster Family was the one that put up the Bail money in the first place.

Comment

There was nothing for Dog to gain financially other than Fame.
                He played his cards right. He got his Fame and much more.

I hope and pray he and his men don't go to Mexico.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Not true, the bail money was not put up by his family. It was put up by Luster himself. Check the court records. That is why the court said the victims could each get $10,000.

At this time, Hawaii has no specific regulations for bounty hunters. So I suggest that Hawaiian's contact their lawmakers to come up with specific regulations and not let ex-felons become bounty hunters. Most states have regulations. If you check the insurance license department of Hawaii, dog's license#112096,trade name: A-Hawaii Bail Bonds his license became inactive on 5/16//97 and expired 7/16/99. Now Alice Elizabeth Smith-Barmore (Beth), has an active license #201006, active 5/26/2000 and will expire on 10/16/2006 next month. The license type is non-resident. Maybe they all will go under Leland's license.

The dog should not be called a "Hero" because a real "Hero" does not look for recognition, does not expect to be paid and does not boast about what he has done. Mr. & Mrs. dog expects all of these things and wants acknowledgement. So what they really are is American Zero's. Or maybe less than zero's.

On a lighter note, the dog always appears to look filthy like he should be wearing a roach motel along with that fake badge around his neck and cans of raid strapped to his side. I'm surprised that the dog family hasn't come out with the must have toy for the season. The dog action doll, leather vest, raid cans on its side, hair extensions and a can of buglar. And the Mrs. dog action doll comes along with its own two built-in floating devices at no extra charge. Come on--you all can smile!

Once again, contact your state lawmakers to make a new law that any bounty hunters should not be convicted of a felony and license type should be resident. Even make it retro. Hawaii is opening itself up for any felons from the mainland to become bounty hunters. This will make bounty hunters accountable and legitimate. They need regulations. Put a new law on the ballot. Alpha Dog, the real big bad dog.
                  Last edited by alpha dog; September 20, 2006, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha dog
                    Not true, the bail money was not put up by his family. It was put up by Luster himself. Check the court records. Alpha Dog, the real big bad dog.
                    Well he put it up...and he got it through his families fortune.

Comment

Correct. And I think a careful reading of how things played out after Luster was returned to the U.S. will show that financial gain was indeed a major motivator in Chapman's pursuit. Not that there's anything wrong with that -- that's what a reward is all about, or bounty hunting, for that matter -- but I think Chapman fans are doing themselves a disservice by portraying his capture of Luster as some kind-hearted, selfless, brave American gesture.

Comment

I just edited #188. Read on. Alpha Dog, the real big bad dog.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha dog
                          I just edited #188. Read on. Alpha Dog, the real big bad dog.
                          Question? Are you a Bounty Hunter? You seem to know alot about it. You must be Mighty Dog! heheheh

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Ah, the "Dog Bill." You know, the proposed piece of public policy that was written specifically and quite brazenly to go after one person. Reasonable rules on bounty hunting is one thing, but that kind of ridiculousness had no place in our Capitol.

At least we know better where "alpha dog" is coming from.

Comment

Our country's treaty with Mexico on Extraditions is bugging me like crazy...I hear so little about it, yet reading it online it clearly says that if the alleged offense is LEGAL in the offender's country, extradition doesn't have to be done...ahem....this applies to Dog and Co.

The warrant he was just arrested on is dated July of 2003....ahem....this is suspicious of OUR country for only now acting on it. Our country can deny it and it still be true that they just did a trade with Mexico for the dude sent back here.

Well, is there a statute of limitations or not?

Note how Duane clearly said that he had a Mexican policeman helping him right before he got Luster at the taco stand, was it? Hmmm......and I bet Dog isn't lieing about having been told by some authorities in Mexico that he would never be touched if he just left the country.

Beth is in the business to know, and she said that Colorado and other states do not extradite for misdemeanors and small offenses and that countries don't either, ahem...usually. Criminals are extradicted, not heroes and professionals that adhere to and uphold the law when and if they fail to follow someone's procedure.

For now, lastly, this is MEXICO we are speaking about, the country that is flooding ours with ILLEGALS. What a slap in the face. We don't as a govt. usually jump when Mexico snaps their fingers....."something" else is in the mix that we aren't privey to. It has to be.

People should be upset about this whether they hate, luv or just don't care about Dog and co. There are principles and bigger issues than just these people in this issue.

Supposedly our govt. is one that is "of, by and for" the people. Really? Don't you doubt that in the 49 other states Duane and co. are much more loved than hated, and only here are they cuz of the way they show the truth of the bad side of this state. Every state just like every human has its good and bad qualities, but then with some it's that this haole boy has been allowed power over some locals.

This should be resolved before a November extradition hearing even happens. That is...if justice is served.
                              Last edited by Karen; September 20, 2006, 04:57 PM.
                              Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                                Correct. And I think a careful reading of how things played out after Luster was returned to the U.S. will show that financial gain was indeed a major motivator in Chapman's pursuit.[...]
                                Wasn't there a $1M reward hanging over Luster's head and isn't that what was fueling the capture? For some reason I'm remembering, after the capture, Dog not being entitled to the money and ending up paying all of his and his cohorts expenses out of pocket. Then he hit the A&E jackpot.

Still...Luster's in the slammer because of Dog. That's a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X