This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Duane "Dog" Chapman

Wow, alpha dog, you spend a lot of serious energy on pure hate . You even did your "homework" on it. That's scary, to say the least!

I'll bet if your daughter, sister or mother were a victim of Luster's sick and violent attacks on women, you'd be singing a different tune.

What the Dog did "wrong" in no way compared to what Luster did. It was actually a midemeanor offense.

I actually like the Dog, and his family. I like what they do, and commend them for getting the ice sellers off the streets, and doing his best to keep the upcoming generation from this murderous drug, as well as others. He talks to the kids about not getting on the ice, and that is commendable.

Dog is an American success story, proof that a person does have the ability to change his life for the better, then vow to be an asset to society, instead of another scumbag. Let the first one who hasn't made mistakes in life cast the first stone!

It is shameful that some are judging him so harshly, perhaps there is a hint of jelousy about it, because, yes, he's gotten fame and money for his efforts. So what? Isn't that also a part of the American dream? Are you just upset because you don't have that? Makes me wonder...

You GO, Dog! I hope this all goes away for you, and you can resume taking care of your lovely wife and kids!

Alpha, if you expended as much energy on doing productive and positive things...you too, could be GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Karen
      Our country's treaty with Mexico on Extraditions is bugging me like crazy...I hear so little about it, yet reading it online it clearly says that if the alleged offense is LEGAL in the offender's country, extradition doesn't have to be done...ahem....this applies to Dog and Co.
      I have to make a correction here, because you really are making an over-generalization. Bounty hunting is legal in MOST STATES in the U.S. However it BANNED in Illinois, Kentucky, Oregon and Wisconsin. In addition, FREELANCE bounty hunting (which is what Chapman and gang were trying to to do in Mexico) is BANNED in Florida, North Carolina and South Carolina. Finally, Chapman was not even a licensed bounty hunter in California where the Luster case was being considered.

Let’s drop the cheerleader beer goggles for just a second, and present the facts first. Only then can you truly formulate an unbiased opinion (if that is indeed what you came here for ).

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Welcome back drunken RC (Ragin CAjun for you rookies.) All that really matters is that he pulled a scumbag off the streets. 80+ counts of rape is off the streets because of Dog's hoosier/moke/hick/hillbilly arse. This argument should not take up 8 pages of server space. He removed a scumbag from the streets. Anyone out there with a Mother, sister, daughter, girl friend, etc should have a modicum of appreciation for that. This argument should be pau.
        RC

Comment

By that logic, I guess we should stop arguing in all those other threads about why we're in a quagmire called Iraq. "Hey, Georgie got rid of that scumbag dictator Hussein; that's all that matters! Argument pau." Fermentation logic is mighty transparent.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen
            This argument should not take up 8 pages of server space... This argument should be pau.
            Stephen, you said you read the thread after all, so of course you know talk of the arrest didn't even come in 'til page five. And declaring that a lively debate should be over because your point of view reigns supreme is pretty silly. Heck, this is a discussion forum. It's what we do. Whether it's disagreeing earnestly or just playing devil's advocate, the whole point is the back and forth.

Dog got a criminal off the streets, but broke laws to do it. That seems like a pretty good basis for any debate.

Lots of us here are not Dog fans, nor do we subscribe to "the ends justify the means" philosophy, but still agree that this whole extradition mess sucks.

Comment

Didn't my post start out with a reference to my condition at the time of posting? I watched that Dog special and my post was driven by the coverage of Luster. So my logic wasn't really logic at all. My point about Luster being off the streets is valid - but to discuss the legalities is also valid. I would hardly compare the Iraq situation to capturing a fugitive - but do agree that the forum exists for discussion. Unless I'm inebriated.
              Aloha

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen
                Didn't my post start out with a reference to my condition at the time of posting?
                Fair enough. Posters have been allowed to say that they "don't mean to be offensive," then they post something offensive; others admit to being pupule all the time - drunken posting ought to be tolerated equally, no?

Comment

Ahem! Getting back to the topic, looks like the Dog’s attorney Brook Hart is floating some pretty creative ideas to get him off the hook.
                  ...in addition to (an) apology, a resolution might also include Chapman paying a fine, forfeiting the bail he posted in Mexico and making a charitable contribution...

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Info on Hawaii's SB2944 ( aka the dog bill) for those that are interested in the revision by the Senate concerning the bail bond agent (bounty hunter) bill. You can log onto http//www.capitol.hawaii.gov/sessioncurrent/Bills/SB2944. Some of the provisions in the Senate rewrite are: Bail agents (bounty hunters) cannot have been convicted of a felony or aggravated misdemeanor. They have not been convicted of any offense in which a dangerous weapon was used. There is more. Can the dog say that this new law will not apply to him. The bill will become law effective on January 1, 2007. When this takes effect I wonder how dog and others like him will handle this law. Because I'll quote from the subsection804-E #1 will clearly state that no person authorized to apprehend a bail fuigitive shall not: represent to the person in any manner as being a sworn law enforcement officer or wear a badge or uniform that a reasonable person might think are those of a government agency.

Here is a little info about the Alpha Dog. I am a 57 year old Constable for a District Court in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Constables are the original extension of the courts. My duties are basically what the dog does - including those that do not show up for their court date but I also inforce arrest warrants issued by the courts. But I do this with integrity and the powers mandated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. During my tour in Vietnam, I received by name - Big Bad Alpha Dog back in 1969, by members of my Marine Unit. I walk with a limp and I am not ashamed of that because it got me the Bronze Star and Purple Heart.

Hope, it may sound like pure hate to you but I don't intend to project anykind of hate. Those that use the word hate in their vocabulary should re-evaluate their own life. You can dislike strongly but that is not hate. I might not be celebrity or media famous because I choose not to be, but my greatness is that I am respected by everyone in my business. Can the dog and Alice Elizabeth Smith-Barmore-Chapman say that about theirselves? Those who don't respect the dog are they considered jealous too? Dog and Mrs. dog haven't changed when you look at the whole picture. Alpha Dog, the real big bad dog.

Comment

For your information, SB2944 is not going to become law. That bill went nowhere and the 2006 legislature adjurned in May. A similar bill, HB 3014, passed the House, but that bill also died in the Senate. Chapman has not been legislated out of business come January.

Comment

Thanks, poinographer. I was going to say if the media missed that one, they really f**ked up! Passage of that bill would have been at least as big news as the suspension of the gas cap.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

Alpha Dog -

There is a movie coming out with that title pretty soon...

Any relation?
                          Alpha Dog is the story of a mid-level drug dealer from the San Gabriel Valley whose thirst for power led him to become, at 19, the youngest man ever to appear on the FBI's Most Wanted list. Johnny Truelove is an ambitious man whose lifestyle is a mecca for guns, sex and drugs. When a client cheats him, he devises a plan to get his money back by kidnapping the client's younger brother.
                          http://movies.about.com/od/alphadog/

Comment

'Dog' given standing ovation at church
                            Chapman's visit to the church surprised some in the congregation, including 42-year-old Ewa Beach resident Sonora Carter. Carter said she wished she had brought a camera. "This whole thing is gonna bring his show to the top," Carter said. Carter said Chapman shouldn't apologize for capturing Luster, who is serving a 124-year prison term for raping three women. But he should apologize for fleeing Mexico. "An apology is needed to keep it right and just move forward," Carter said.
                            He reportedly worships there regularly, but he brought his camera crew this time. He's confined to his home between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m., but that obviously still leaves a lot of time to "work" and make appearances.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                              He reportedly worships there regularly, but he brought his camera crew this time. He's confined to his home between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m., but that obviously still leaves a lot of time to "work" and make appearances.
                              I've stated last week my feelings for Mr. Chapman and his men have changed. I hope they don't return to Mexico. Today, I write in regards to his bringing his camera crew to Church.

Yes, he is a Celebrity. However, Church is a place of Worship and should not be used or considered as part of his "Program." God knows his heart and mind.

Shame.

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Auntie...please keep in mind that A&E is doing whatever they feel will increase the show's ratings. They, and all stations, cable or otherwise, worship the almighty dollar. Dog didn't bring his camera crew to the church. A&E's camera crew followed along as Dog attended church. Also know that Word of Life has every right to turn down any and all requests to film within its house of worship. Apparently they ok'd the request as one cannot film without prior permission. If I was the producer of that show I would've offered the church a donation in exchange for filming privileges. I'd venture to guess that WoL sees the exposure as a great, not to mention free, opportunity to increase the size of their congregation. And, yes, Dog had the right to request that A&E film him entering and exiting but that inside is personal and off limits. That's a very roundabout way to say that it wasn't ALL Dog's fault!

Comment

Working...
                                X