X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Duane "Dog" Chapman

Originally posted by tutusue
    Also know that Word of Life has every right to turn down any and all requests to film within its house of worship. Apparently they ok'd the request as one cannot film without prior permission....

...That's a very roundabout way to say that it wasn't ALL Dog's fault!
    I agree with this. If the Chapmans received permission from church administration and the congregation was okay with it, then I see nothing wrong with filming worship. I see no exploitation in that at all.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Hmmmm...well, I guess if it's allright for Word of Life...it's ok.

The main thing they get a Big Donation from A&E and The Chapmans so it can be used for their outreach ministries. They have many. One that includes MWH on Saturdays for the children.

On a different note. I got this Videos from a friend who was at the Court House when Mr. Chapman was released from Federal Custody. Warning it contains profanity from Mrs. Chapman.

http://grouper.com/video/MediaDetails.aspx?id=1543843
      http://grouper.com/video/MediaDetails.aspx?id=1543808

Auntie Lynn
      Last edited by 1stwahine; September 24, 2006, 02:17 PM.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I agree with Tutu, and I bet WOL received a very Large "Donation" as if it A&E could write it off as a tax write off any how.

Plus WOL will get more exposure and who knows... more members in the long run which will also bring in more contributions as the buckets get passed around.

I'm not saying it's the right thing to do... however, if the church agreed to it, then it's alright in my eyes.

That's a very roundabout way to say that it wasn't ALL Dog's fault!
        Disagree here though... The Cameras were following DOG... not the Church.
        They wouldn't have been at the church had Dog not been a member. (I think it will also get played out on his show how he is so loved here in Hawaii by EVERYONE because he's such a good church going citizen..etc...)

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko
          If the Chapmans received permission from church administration and the congregation was okay with it
          I do wonder if the congregation was notified in advance, so that anyone who didn't want to run the risk of being filmed (like, oh I dunno...anyone who had jumped bail somewhere? ) knew to not show up at church that day. I doubt the congregation was completely polled for permission.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
            I do wonder if the congregation was notified in advance, so that anyone who didn't want to run the risk of being filmed (like, oh I dunno...anyone who had jumped bail somewhere? ) knew to not show up at church that day. I doubt the congregation was completely polled for permission.
            Don't you have to sign release forms to use your likeness on reality shows? Maybe tutusue can shed more light on this.

In other episodes, some people had their faces blurred out.

I'm thinking this might be the case for people in the congregration who didn't want to be filmed.
            Last edited by Lei Liko; September 24, 2006, 02:30 PM.
            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
            We're not here to mess around
            Boston, you know we love you madly
            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
            You know we couldn't live without you
            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Don't you have to sign release forms to use your likeness on reality shows?
              In other episodes, some people had their faces blurred out.
              I'm thinking this might be the case for people in the congregration who didn't want to be filmed.
              That would make sense - so they'd have to get everyone's permission; though this doesn't have to be done in advance - release forms are often done after the fact (especially in so-called "reality" programming - how would you get signatures in advance in cases of police action?) If they didn't do any filming indoors, though, you wouldn't get most of the atendees.

But again, I wonder if the congregation members all knew in advance? On one hand, that would be a nice courtesy. On the other hand, the likelihood of leaks to the media would increase greatly.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                I agree with Tutu, and I bet WOL received a very Large "Donation" as if it A&E could write it off as a tax write off any how.
                [...]
                Disagree here though... The Cameras were following DOG... not the Church.
                They wouldn't have been at the church had Dog not been a member.[...]
                I'll agree to disagree. I stand by what I wrote...that it wasn't ALL Dogs fault. Dog follows the dictates of A&E. They produce the show. He stars in it. That doesn't mean he doesn't have input. However, A&E is Dogs boss...not the other way around.

Reality type shows are notoriously frugal. Downright cheap, really! I'd love to know if, in fact, the church did receive a donation. And, if it did...how much. Of course, it's none of my business and I don't really care enough to do any sleuthing!
                Last edited by tutusue; September 24, 2006, 03:24 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                  [...]But again, I wonder if the congregation members all knew in advance? On one hand, that would be a nice courtesy. On the other hand, the likelihood of leaks to the media would increase greatly.
                  Don't you have to sign release forms to use your likeness on reality shows? Maybe tutusue can shed more light on this.[...]
                  I've not worked on any reality shows so I don't know what their protocol is. I don't know the size of WoLs chapel but possibly there was a section roped off and it was announced that those who didn't want to be on camera should sit outside that section. Maybe release forms were on the seats within the section. I'm not saying this is how it was handled; just that it's a possibility. The other possibility, as already mentioned, is digitally blurring faces.

Good point, Leo, about advance warning and leaks to the media but it appears the media was there...at least the Star-Bulletin!!! That's more free publicity for the show and for the church. And, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing...as long as it's a win-win situation for both A&E and WoL. Maybe the congregation was sent a notice via a mass email. Dunno. Just guessing!

Comment

Slightly off thread. . . . but not too much.

I will not argue that the Dog's methods/attitude need some adjustment. I will however arguue that he has done well to improve our (O'ahu's) ice problem. Sure he's an ignorant Texas haole. . . . . but he knows right from wrong. He needs an oral soap bath, but truly feels for his bounties.

He should be set free allowed to continue cleaning up Hawai'i.

Comment

Stephen,

Try to at least skim the discussion so you don’t seem like such an idiot jumping in and interjecting something that was already thoroughly discussed at the beginning. If you’re not willing to read what others have to say, you really have no business trying to hijack this thread. To quote Mahi Waina from another thread: Use consideration. To put it another way, think before you post. This isn’t a bathroom wall for your grafitti.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

Ok...so color me clueless.

How does Dog and his ol' lady's bail company help with cleaning up the ice heads (or anything else for that matter)?

The whole gig is a circle jerk with a heavy dose of propaganda.

1 - Criminal gets busted

2 - Court sets $X.xx as a release bond fee with ?% actual cash to be paid the rest is promisory.

3 - Bailsbonds company is engaged, they kick in the $X.xx with the retention of 10% upon funds release when the criminal shows up for court.

4 - Criminal is let go in exchange for the cash put up by the bail company

5a - Criminal shows up for trial date, bonding company gets the 10%

5b - Criminal doesn't show up, bonding company has to pay full promissory bail amount

6 - Bonding company wants their cash...set a bounty hunter on the bail jumper

7 - Hunter gets $X.xx fee from bonding company

8 - criminal gets put back in jail (where they'd be if they didn't get bonded out in the first place)

9 - Bonding company gets all or more of the bond funding returns rather than just the 10% normal fee since the criminal jumped bail (forefitting full return of funds).

10 - rinse and repeat

So where in this revolving money door does the ice-head/criminal element problem get cleaned up other than in the vapor of comic book/ 'reality show' hype and self aggrandising propaganda?

Comment

What's a circle jerk anyway ??

Comment

Originally posted by BigD
                            What's a circle jerk anyway ??
                            Not something to be discussed here - do an internet search on the term.

Comment

How does Dog and his ol' lady's bail company help with cleaning up the ice heads (or anything else for that matter)?
                              Again, not as a particular fan of "Dog" or even bounty hunting, the supposed beneficial role of the practice probably goes along the lines of, bounty hunters can collect criminals that the government doesn't have the resources or motivation to collect themselves. There's a financial incentive, obviously, and I think that's front and center for most, but in the larger picture of the criminal justice system there's definitely a gap that they're filling.

Presumably an ice head who is arrested, released on bail, and then skips bail is not someone who's inclined to immediately reform and renounce drug use, yes? Is having them back behind bars better for the community? For the drug user? I guess some could argue no (especially in the long view), but many would say yes.

Comment

Peshkwe's argument has it roots in the futility of the War on Drugs.

Drug Abuse is a medical problem. In America, we prefer that the police deal with some of our medical problems.

Drug Abuse has become an economic problem due to supply restriction. Drug crime is rampant, while suppliers depend on hefty profit margins.

The War on Drugs will continue to benefit dealers & BONDSMEN, while police pretend to play "doctor", and society acts like an ostrich, clinging desperately to cognitive dissonance rooted in 60 years of Hearst-like propaganda.

Your opinion to support the War on Drugs is like using a lead weight for a life jacket.

Now doesn't that crazy? Or is it just me?

Don't forget the 2 questions.
                                If drugs were legal, would you start?
                                Do you think a user ever stopped cuz of Laws?
                                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                                X