X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Duane "Dog" Chapman

Originally posted by timkona
    Peshkwe's argument has it roots in the futility of the War on Drugs.

Drug Abuse is a medical problem. In America, we prefer that the police deal with some of our medical problems.

Drug Abuse has become an economic problem due to supply restriction. Drug crime is rampant, while suppliers depend on hefty profit margins.

The War on Drugs will continue to benefit dealers & BONDSMEN, while police pretend to play "doctor", and society acts like an ostrich, clinging desperately to cognitive dissonance rooted in 60 years of Hearst-like propaganda.

Your opinion to support the War on Drugs is like using a lead weight for a life jacket.

Now doesn't that crazy? Or is it just me?

Don't forget the 2 questions.
    If drugs were legal, would you start?
    Do you think a user ever stopped cuz of Laws?
    Dude, how much mind-altering chemicals do you induce each day? Because you can never seem to recall any clarification given to your inane espousals. We have covered this before.

Pay. Attention.

pax

Comment

It's not just the addicts Tim, it's anyone who would jump bail....domestic violence, robbery, parking tickets...if there's bail for it, it could be jumped.

It's the process I'm wondering about, along with the bail bond agency/bail hunter symbiotic relationship.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/articles/1410.html

What Role Does a Bail Bondsman or Surety Play?

Many defendants cannot raise the entire amount of the bail. In some states, the court may release defendants after they pay ten percent of the bail. In other states, defendants may arrange for their release through a bail bondsman. In that case, a defendant typically posts 10 percent of the total bail and signs over a lien on certain belongings to a bail bondsman or surety firm representative who guarantees to pay the remainder to the court if the defendant fails to appear for trial.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimes/c...ail_bonds.html

It's a 'for profit' business, so I'm wondering how much the percentage jacks up for each day the 'client' is out and about after missing their court date. Does the 'client' forfit all the signed over things the bondsman gets a lien on uppon missing?

I know the bonding company has a certain time frame to get the 'client' into the hands of the law before they have to cough up their portion of the bail...if they get the 'client' in within the time frame given so it's before they lose...what kind of profits are in it for the bonding company.

I've watched the show before, I've heard Beth and/or Duane mention at one time or another how so-and-so's relative put up the house/car/business for the bond (you're making your mom/aunty/sister/brother/etc...lose their home...).

How many properties ya think they're gonna give back if they've managed to get their 'client' into the cops within a hairs breadth of having to pay out themselves?

Comment

Puai, 3 cups of coffee, about 2-3 beers, an occasional aspirin, and a puff or two sometimes before yardwork on the weekends, or before a long run.

From the health food store, I like Ultimate Mega H, and Pro E (forget the name, but it's the green gooey crap made from seaweed). I also like Quick Fuel at GNC, and a couple other products found there, like some of the Creatine mixes, and one called Boost.

Better living through chemistry.

Reality is for people who can't handle drugs. Don't believe the hype. It's a sequel.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
          Puai, 3 cups of coffee, about 2-3 beers, an occasional aspirin, and a puff or two sometimes before yardwork on the weekends, or before a long run.

From the health food store, I like Ultimate Mega H, and Pro E (forget the name, but it's the green gooey crap made from seaweed). I also like Quick Fuel at GNC, and a couple other products found there, like some of the Creatine mixes, and one called Boost.

Better living through chemistry.

Reality is for people who can't handle drugs. Don't believe the hype. It's a sequel.

(shakes head and giggles)

ok Tim. And you are right; I'll take reality, please. I cannot handle drugs.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
            (shakes head and giggles)

ok Tim. And you are right; I'll take reality, please. I cannot handle drugs.
            WTF!? I cannot handle any DRUGS myself! Neva mind. Dis is the Dog Thread isn't it?

Hmmmm...So uh...wat's happening on Mr. Chapman today?

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

By the way -- according to State Senator Colleen's office when the senate reconvenes one of the judicial senators will either bring to light this same bill to the floor or a whole new one will be written and then voted upon. Another way to pass a bill like sb2944 is for the voters of Hawaii to sign petitions to place it on the ballot. That way, voters will have the opportunity to vote for it. And if it wins then the bill will become law without the senate or the house.

Getting to your question - That movie will star Justin Timberlake, Bruce Willis, Sharon Stone and etc. About Hollywood Jesse James. Definitely no relation, far from it. I have been called Alpha Dog since June of 1969 way before Hollywood Jesse James was even born. For all his life Hollywood j.j. has been involved in crime and I have been involved in law enforcement.

Dog Chapman most likely got his name in one of the joints where he was serving time. Hard core "gangsta" wannabes call each other dog and so do convicts. So it wouldn't surprise me if that is how he got that name. I have memorabilia showing that my Gunny Sgt. first called me - Alpha Dog leading these Marine Devil Dogs. And that is how my name stuck for 37 years.

People of Hawaii need to protect theirselves from overzealous and unscrupulous bounty hunters. And not letting these people have free reign without being accountable to anyone. That is why a bill needs to be passed.

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
              Alpha Dog -

There is a movie coming out with that title pretty soon...

Any relation?

http://movies.about.com/od/alphadog/

Comment

Another way to pass a bill like sb2944 is for the voters of Hawaii to sign petitions to place it on the ballot. That way, voters will have the opportunity to vote for it. And if it wins then the bill will become law without the senate or the house.
                Wrong. There is no voter initiative in Hawaii. Any effort to change the regulation of bail bondsmen would need to pass the Senate, the House, and be signed by the Governor. I don't anticipate that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by poinographer
                  Wrong. There is no voter initiative in Hawaii. Any effort to change the regulation of bail bondsmen would need to pass the Senate, the House, and be signed by the Governor. I don't anticipate that happening.
                  This is only half correct. The bail bondsman regulation would need to go through the normal bureaucratic channels, because it is a law based on life and death situations. That doesn’t mean there is no voter initiative in Hawai‘i. In 2000, the electorate was allowed to vote on several initiatives such as UH autonomy.

I applaud you for continuing to set the record straight, but I have to give alphadog credit for trying.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Sorry, you're both mistaken.

There is no voter initiative in Hawaii. The "UH autonomy" you are referring to was a Constitutional Amendment (that link doesn't load, by the way), which is a different beast than amending a statute by voter initiative because after the ConAm passed, then it remained up to the Legislature to pass enabling legislation, i.e. it was ultimately accomplished via "the normal bureaucratic channels." Same thing happened with the same sex marriage question on the ballot.

Trust me on this; I've worked at the Lege for a decade.

Comment

I’m not mistaken. You just repeated what I said using more specific terminology, and expanding the definition of the ‘voter initiatives.’ It is still a “different process” then the “normal bureaucratic channels,” because a positive referendum by voters gives the bill a jumpstart through the legislature. I guarantee you there is far more pressure on state lawmakers to move a bill that has already been given its blessing through the election process.

Short answer: Voter initiatives get a free pass through the legislature. Particularly when you consider most normal bills die in committee.

Trust me on this one. I don’t work for the leg, but pay close attention to it.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

You are forgetting that no ConAm question goes onto the ballot without the Lege passing a bill to PUT the question on the ballot at the next election. Then, IF/AFTER THE CONAM VOTE PASSES, the Lege will introduce and try to pass a law to carry out what the voters want. The process our gung-ho Marine friend described, where voters simply put something on the ballot and vote it into existence with no action taken by the Lege, is voter initiative---and we don't have it in Hawaii.

Comment

On a lighter note, the dog always appears to look filthy like he should be wearing a roach motel along with that fake badge around his neck and cans of raid strapped to his side. I'm surprised that the dog family hasn't come out with the must have toy for the season. The dog action doll, leather vest, raid cans on its side, hair extensions and a can of buglar. And the Mrs. dog action doll comes along with its own two built-in floating devices at no extra charge. Come on--you all can smile!

Allpha, if this is not hateful talk, then what is? A lighter note? Sheesh! So, your military purple heart is reason for you to kick a man who is down, while in the process of catching a violent rapist?

It's hypocritical of you to mention your military commendations, and at the same time, mention that "heros don't look for recognition".

...and I should "evaluate my life"? How twisted can you get, Alpha?

Comment

Ok...so color me clueless.

How does Dog and his ol' lady's bail company help with cleaning up the ice heads (or anything else for that matter)?
                            You don't watch the show, nor have heard from people that know these folks, or anything like that?

They tell the arrested people to call them anytime and they mean it, as some do. They told one lady they arrested and she was very worried about her teen son that would then be alone, that they'd help him, get him a job, etc, and he was seen on a subsequent show working for/with them.

Their one housekeeper they had to arrest, they helped her before and after her arrest. They really DO things for people, they have given the shirt off of their backs literally, Beth gave up the shoes on her own feet on one show so the gal didn't have to enter jail barefooted, etc. I have heard stories from far off camera that they are really like this.

Then, there's the talks they give people and I believe what I am hearing to be from the heart, as they've both walked in these peoples's shoes, unlike many of us viewers. *(I could have thirty years ago, lived the life just never got caught) As these arrested start thinking, tearing up and pondering the jailtime they are facing, this is their "moment of truth."

Thank God that as the chapmans arrest these people it isn't just as you listed....a legal process but much, much more, often.
                            Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

TUNL....the exradition treaty clearly reads "in the offender's own country." It doesn't mention what if it's legal in some states and not others. You name a very minority of states it isn't legal in. So....narrowing it down to please you, yet the treat is already satisfied.....what the offender....the chapmans did, is legal in their own STATES of Colorado and Hawaii, in their own country.

Our extradition treaty with Mexico remains clearly in Dog and co.'s favor. Therefore, we should sorta put Dog aside in all of this, as much as I respect them...it's wise to do for this is a bigger issue than just about them.

Our own country remains suspect in who gave the US Marshalls the order to arrest them per an arrest warrant that was already more than three years old when Mexico put it out. The arrest warrant our Marshalls acted on was from our own country and sure, IT.....was dated this year and in Sept. leaving our country to have a lot of explaining to do.

biggest problem with this issue is that the focus is primarily on Dog and Co. when it shouldn't be. If our own govt. will do celebrities this way, we know they'll do any of us this way if the situation ever arises.

The treaty says extradition needn't even happen, and the original arrest warrant's over three years old. This situation should already be resolved, history, over and just something for us to watch on A & E.
                              Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                                Narrowing it down to please you, yet the treat is already satisfied.....what the offender....the chapmans did, is legal in their own STATES of Colorado and Hawaii, in their own country.
                                Don’t do anything just to please me. I’m just calling you on your continuing false statements, so do it for the sake of accuracy. Take your latest answer here to my post 29 days ago, for example:
                                what the offender....the chapmans did, is legal in their own STATES of Colorado and Hawaii, in their own country.
                                The Andrew Luster case was NOT tried in either Colorado or Hawai‘i. It was tried in California. By the grace of the judicial system, he was serving the state of California, and bound by that state’s laws.

Take the focus off trying to defend your reality-TV hunk, Dawggie Man for a second, and look at this as an opportunity to learn something about how the law really works.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                                X