X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Duane "Dog" Chapman

From the Advertiser's breaking news page:

Colorado Congressman Tom Tancredo announced today that he and 28 other members of Congress have sent a letter to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice asking her to deny the extradition of Duane "Dog" Chapman to Mexico.

Comment

Interesting that all the people that signed it were Republicans.
      All of the signers of the letter listed by Tancredo are also Republican

Comment

Mahalo Palolo Joe!

Per the article..."All of the signers of the letter listed by Tancredo are also Republican."

I sent an emal to Congressman Ed Case several weeks ago. I recieved two emails back.

1. us marshals re chapman_20060922_171519_CROWE.pdf
        102K View as HTML Download

On October 5, 2006. I recieved a response to my inquiry.

2 attachments — Download all attachments
        chapman_20061005_163615_MASHITOM.pdf
        290K View as HTML Download

chapman_20061005_164932_MASHITOM.pdf
        290K View as HTML Download

Note: If it doesn't come out. Sorry. Just wanted to let everyone know dat a Democrat was also helping Mr. Chapman and his men.

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXZmV4LT0k4

An interesting youtube find

Comment

Wha?

Lynn, a list of email attachments from Case doesn't give us any idea if a Democrat is "helping" Chapman.

Those pdf documents could say anything.

Comment

Doug, she sent them to me, and as I told her, from what I read they didn't indicate any "assistance" or even a position on Case's part. It was basically a FAQ about the incident -- what happened, and under what laws, procedures, authority, etc. I'd imagine they send those things to anyone who asks about the Chapman case, whether or not you were for or against his extradition.

Lynn, you could attach those PDFs to a post here if you'd still like to share them. I'm sure it would be informative for those with any lingering questions about what happened from a legal standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                Lynn, you could attach those PDFs to a post here if you'd still like to share them. I'm sure it would be informative for those with any lingering questions about what happened from a legal standpoint.
                Pz. I dunno how.

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                  Pz. I dunno how.
                  When you click to reply, you should see "Additional Options" below the text window. (This is the full post interface, not the "Quick Reply" box in-thread.) Click the "Manage Attachments" button. You should then be able to attach your PDFs from your hard drive. Note that the two PDFs you listed above and sent to me are essentially identical, so you probably only need to attach one.

Comment

Hope this goes through!

Auntie Lynn
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nothing in that PDF suggests that Case is opposed to the extradition of the Chapmans.

Comment

There was something that was funny in that PDF though...

Check out how Constituents was spelled!

Considering that was coming from the "Chief" of Congressinal Affairs... you would have thought that would have been an easy typo to catch

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                          Considering that was coming from the "Chief" of Congressinal Affairs... you would have thought that would have been an easy typo to catch
                          "Congressinal," you say?

Comment

Originally posted by poinographer View Post
                            Nothing in that PDF suggests that Case is opposed to the extradition of the Chapmans.
                            I asked Ed to HELP Mr. Chapman and his men.

I have another email but I no need show. It doesn't matter.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by poinography
                              Which was my reading.

Actually, have there been any high-profile expressions of support for Chapman (i.e. against the extradition) from local politicians? Or any Democrats in D.C.? I find it interesting that the Republican party seems to have seized on "Dog" as a cause celebre. Then again, considering the Foley mess, who can blame 'em for jumping on an easy crowd pleaser?

In an update today in the Star-Bulletin, Reps. Case and Abercrombie say they weren't asked to sign onto the Republican letter... but the question that I can't believe wasn't asked is, would they have signed if given that opportunity? That is, do they or don't they oppose the extradition for Mexico?

I get the feeling, from their silence, that they'd rather pretend the issue doesn't exist, or actually feel the extradition is warranted for foreign-policy or trade reasons. But if it's the latter, they should at least have the guts to say so.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                "Congressinal," you say?
                                If he can type out "Contituents" on Taxpayers stationary... then I can say Congressinal on HT can't I?

Comment

Working...
                                X