X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Season of Dog

http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=4879

Posted on: Friday, September 15, 2006 6:21 PM HST

"TV reality star Duane “Dog” Chapman and two co-stars accused of illegal detention and conspiracy in the bounty hunters’ capture of a cosmetics company heir in Mexico posted bail and were released Friday. Chapman was released on $300,000 bail, while his co-stars on the popular A&E show “Dog The Bounty Hunter” were freed on $100,000 bail each."
    "The men are now required to wear electronic monitoring devices until they return to court for extradition hearings to face trial in Mexico. The judge said they were not flight risks."

I think they are all out now, and headed to Aunty Lynn's for kaukau!

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKona
      I think they are all out now, and headed to Aunty Lynn's for kaukau!
      Dey betta not come!

If they show up...I got my bazooka ready foa dem!

Yeeehaaaa!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shows.com
        Not to say that they are angels, but I counter-bet that they don't do time in Mexico.

and that all of this will only increase both their popularity...
        as well as the number of times the shows will be broadcast.

What's the wager?
        I think you are right about this. A big part of their popularity and fame is due to their capture of Andrew Luster. Whatever you think of Dog and his crew, Luster's crimes were so awful that I don't believe you will find a majority of people wanting to see Dog et al sent to Mexico. If he isn't already a folk hero now, he will be. I doub't he will ever serve time in a Mexican jail, but if he does, it will elevate his status to martyr.

Anyway, without Dog, the greater public would have no idea that Hawaii isn't the paradise represented by tourist brochures and commercials. He serves a purpose.

Respectfully, Auntie Lynn, I don't find your schadenfreude funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo
          FYI for fellow HTers whom don't use the word "schadenfreude" in everyday vocabulary:

schadenfreude \SHOD-n-froy-duh\, noun:
          A malicious satisfaction obtained from the misfortunes of others.

I had to look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo
            Palolo Joe, We are entitled to our opinions. I thank you for "respectfully" telling me so.

Love and Aloha

Btw: I have an EXcuse...I'm Mental!

Auntie Lynn
            Last edited by 1stwahine; September 16, 2006, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
              Palolo Joe, We are entitled to our opinions. I thank you for "respectfully" telling me so.

Love and Aloha

Btw: I have an EXcuse...I'm Mental!

Auntie Lynn
              Is PABLO a new moniker for PALOLO JOE?

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific
                Is PABLO a new moniker for PALOLO JOE?
                HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Told ya I was MENTAL!

I taught it was Palolo Joe for some reason...was too early in da morning.

hUGS PJ and Pablo

Auntie pUpule
                Last edited by 1stwahine; September 16, 2006, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKona
                  FYI for fellow HTers whom don't use the word "schadenfreude" in everyday vocabulary:

schadenfreude \SHOD-n-froy-duh\, noun:
                  A malicious satisfaction obtained from the misfortunes of others.

I had to look it up.

hahaha i looked it up too
                  life is ok sometimes

Comment

• Duane ‘Dog’ Chapman Arrested!

I was neutral on this whole controversy up to this point, primarily for the reasons Pablo cited. (BTW - I’m guessing Pablo is either Pablo Wegesend, a former Ka Leo O Hawai‘i writer, or KIKI FM’s Pablo Sato (I won’t reveal his real name). But today’s article in the Advertiser is beginning to make me change my mind.
                    Kurren, however, granted Johnson’s request that Duane Chapman and his son be monitored by someone other than their wife and mother, Beth Chapman.

Johnson said there’s a “rumor” that she told her husband not to go back to Mexico.

He also cited an earlier hearing yesterday during which Beth Chapman had to explain why she wore an A&E microphone and transmitter when she entered the courthouse. Under a federal court order, cell phones and other electronic equipment are banned from the courthouse.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                    USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

Hmmm - wonder if there is any "trade off" going on?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14867034/

I'm not saying they are of "equal value" as fugitives but it is very coincidental timing and I don't have much confidence in coincidences. Just wondering.
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Well. That is very interesting. Hard to resist not connecting stories like that.

Still, considering how much press the extradition attempt on Dog would get, I'd hope the feds would have asked for more than just one drug lord!

I am nota big fan of "Dog" (and passed up the chance to do a "Dogcast"!), for all the reasons previously cited. But this whole situation stinks. I'd wager he comes out of this with more fans than he came in with.

Honestly, this is a win-win situation for the Chapmans. If they're not extradited, the feds get pummeled for yet another high-profile misstep and for doing the bidding of a supposed foreign ally. If they are hauled off to Mexico, and tried, and even jailed? Their "cred" goes up exponentially, their popularity (whether in popular culture or counterculture) skyrockets, and everything else they do will be instant gold.

The personal hardships are nothing to sneeze at. But for a guy like Dog who likes to think in terms of the really long term -- and I mean, even beyond mortality -- another stint behind bars really won't be the end of the world. Not by a long shot.

Comment

• Re: Duane ‘Dog’ Chapman Arrested!

Originally posted by TuNnL
                          KIKI FM’s Pablo Sato (I won’t reveal his real name).
                          Why not? His last name really is Sato, and you can dig up his first name via Google pretty easily...

Comment

A night in Chinatown! hahahaha

Auntie Lynn

oh my.
                            Maybe it's just my dirty mind, but that sounds so scandalous.
                            808shows.com / 808PhotoVault.com / Hawaiian Express Records...

Comment

Originally posted by 808shows.com
                              oh my.
                              Maybe it's just my dirty mind, but that sounds so scandalous.
                              No worry. A night in Chinatown with me is not scandalous.heheheh

It'll be FuN, interesting and a learning experience.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

No worry. A night in Chinatown with me is not scandalous.heheheh

It'll be FuN, interesting and a learning experience.
                                Definately interesting... I can vouch for that

Comment

Working...
                                X