KHNL 3 Mess ups right in a row!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHNL 3 Mess ups right in a row!

This morning I happened to catch KHNL make the following three mistakes live on Air. (I'm assuming they were all related)

1. Ironically they mispelled Schofield (less yet on Independence Day)
    2. They Faded out as if they were off air and Black was up on the screen for about 20 seconds during this time they continued to talk about the incident.
    3. They then went to Color Bars for a few seconds...and then it appeared they got things back together.

Here is a video clip of the Incident:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93ym65RjmEw

Re: KHNL 3 Mess ups right in a row!

What is this? "lets see who makes the most screwups?"

First KHON, then this? Is everyone's department being shrinked?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

It was the Fourth of July.

Many newsroom employees were off for the day, leaving things in the hands of holiday crews and, in many cases, less-experienced staffers.

Think about it. Is it really that surprising if the third-string skeleton crew makes a few goofs? Ever watch the news on Christmas or New Year's Day?

Give 'em a break.
      Last edited by MadAzza; July 5, 2006, 05:58 PM. Reason: durn grammir!

Comment

yeah this only served to remind me I'd better watch KHON on youtube.com for the 100th time.

Comment

sorry but that guy doin the voice over is really annoying. OK.. we know to watch. We know what is likely to be shown... that's why we clicked on the link!! The VO makes you LESS inclined to watch!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
            Many newsroom employees were off for the day, leaving things in the hands of holiday crews and, in many cases, less-experienced staffers.
            An excellent point. I'd not caught that. I've commented here before on the mild entertainment value of weekend broadcasts versus weeknight broadcasts given the common 'second string' setup. So yes, not entirely unexpected, particularly on a federal holiday.

Some goof-ups will certainly be unusual or dramatic enough to be worthy of comment, but obviously "Scholfield" or a flash of test pattern wouldn't inspire me to grab a camera, point it at my TV, and breathlessly report the incident.
            Originally posted by fox1
            sorry but that guy doin the voice over is really annoying.
            This would be one illustration of the difference between a TV viewer, and a TV producer.

Comment

All of this is way to funny!

Comment

Working...
              X