Diane Ako's big....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Diane Ako's big....

Hey, Diane... happy holidays to you and yours, and congratulations too! When is your due date?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

WHAT??? Diane, are you expecting? Congrats!

My baby boy is 15 months now and let me tell you, get your sleep while you can. They are a total joy though.

Pick out a name yet? I hear Roderic is a popular choice nowadays, Rodricka if it's a girl.

Comment

Girl or boy?

What the Heck?
        John Heckathorn

Now Showing: After weekend anchor Diane Ako signed off the air last Sunday night, her producers, Courtney Kono at KFVE and Nicole Laprade at KHNL, came up to her with a situation they didn't know how to handle. Viewers were calling in, asking if she was pregnant.

"I didn't think I was showing, at least not head-on," says Ako. It's true: She and husband Claus Hansen are infanticipating in June, their first.

Comment

I noticed Diane's 'weight gain' 2-3 weeks ago and my first thought was..."She looks hapai."!!! She looked 'thicker' for lack of a better word. Diane's a petite gal so even a few pounds will show. Congratulations, Diane. Glad to hear my tutu hunches were right!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
            Hey, Diane... happy holidays to you and yours, and congratulations too! When is your due date?
            Thanks all- we are thrilled! Because I see myself every day, I didn't quite think the 10 pound weight gain was that noticeable. Even the crew was, up till last weekend, split on whether I was really showing or not. Baggy shirts, big jackets, you know. Gosh, viewers are so observant!

By default of no dangly parts, doctors say it's a girl, and she's due June 3.

Oh, by the way, would you kindly not rub my belly if you see me? Strangers have done that twice and it's unexpectedly unsettling. I was only made aware of this patting phenomenon after I became pregnant, and wasn't sure how I would feel to have people come up, introduce themselves, then touch me. I have decided I don't like it. I know people mean well, and I don't mean to offend here. Thank you!

(Addendum per my crazy friend Paul Drewes: "Feel free to pat the ass, not the belly." Per usual, I'm rolling my eyes at him.)
            Halekulani.com
            Waikikiparc.com
            SmallTalk.HonAdvBlogs.com

Comment

I have decided I don't like it. I know people mean well, and I don't mean to offend here. Thank you!
              You know, if some total stranger did that to me, I'd be tempted to hit him/her with something. Where the heck are people's manners?
              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Diane Ako View Post
                Thanks all- we are thrilled! Because I see myself every day, I didn't quite think the 10 pound weight gain was that noticeable. Even the crew was, up till last weekend, split on whether I was really showing or not. Baggy shirts, big jackets, you know. Gosh, viewers are so observant!

By default of no dangly parts, doctors say it's a girl, and she's due June 3.

Oh, by the way, would you kindly not rub my belly if you see me? Strangers have done that twice and it's unexpectedly unsettling. I was only made aware of this patting phenomenon after I became pregnant, and wasn't sure how I would feel to have people come up, introduce themselves, then touch me. I have decided I don't like it. I know people mean well, and I don't mean to offend here. Thank you!

(Addendum per my crazy friend Paul Drewes: "Feel free to pat the ass, not the belly." Per usual, I'm rolling my eyes at him.)
                For what it's worth Diane, I couldn't tell you were showing. I noticed that your boobs got bigger (because even though I'm female, I notice significant things like that), but I never thought it was because you're expecting!

Strangers have already patted the belly? How very forward of them. I actually know of many expectant mothers who felt uncomfortable when that happened, so I know better than to place my hand there unless I'm asked.

Haha at Paul's comment. He seems so "proper" that I'd never think something like that would ever come out of his mouth!

Congratulations again to you and your husband!
                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                We're not here to mess around
                Boston, you know we love you madly
                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                You know we couldn't live without you
                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Congrats indeed!

So... I guess this thread is now about Diane Ako's big... belly?

And yeah, the rubbing thing. Drove my wife nuts. She'd get molested quite thoroughly, in fact, as total strangers with apparent magic abilities would evaluate her shape to determine the sex for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Diane Ako View Post
                    Gosh, viewers are so observant!
                    That's why some of us stayed in the radio biz.
                    Best of luck to you with the pregnancy (and with the belly-patters).

(Addendum per my crazy friend Paul Drewes: "Feel free to pat the ass, not the belly."
                    Tell him I said thanks for the offer, but I just don't have a desire to pat his ass.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

• Re: Diane Ako's big....

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                      since someone went and dug this thread up...

Real Simple 11/06 has a wonderful article on recording family history. Diane provided a lovely interview of her archiving footage of her parents and kupuna. Good job, Diane! As family history is a personal passion of mine, I am always looking at how other people handle their precious ephemera. I found that article very interesting.
                      Somehow I missed PM's post while reading this thread awhile back. Real Simple is a magazine I read cover to cover. However, I'm a few months behind due to other more pressing commitments! Anyway, I took the Nov. issue to the beach today and whatta surprise to find the interview with Diane. Unfortunately it's not archived on Real Simple's web site. And, yes, what PM said...very interesting. Keep video'ing those family members, Diane. I sure wish I'd done that.

Comment

• Diane Ako's big.... social circle

This has nothing to do with anything but last night i was out at Ryans at Ward and Diane walks in and i was about to walk over and introduce myself to her but then this guy walks in and i didnt want to be rude so i just stayed put. I new he looked familiar and then i remmembered i saw him recentley on her myspace site.

w/ Lt. Andy Baldwin, ABC's Spring '07 "Bachelor" (very polite!)

oh and yes you can definitely see her belly is getting bigger.

Comment

While watching KHON news this morning, it appears Trini may be blessed again.

Comment

Originally posted by hebeasor View Post
                            While watching KHON news this morning, it appears Trini may be blessed again.
                            ohh to be the blessor
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Slaps, Craig! You already blessed the land with six Craigets and towards poor Trini you look to spill seed!!! Aiyeeee!!!

Ha.
                              La.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                                Slaps, Craig! You already blessed the land with six Craigets and towards poor Trini you look to spill seed!!! Aiyeeee!!!

Ha.
                                La.
                                No moa seeds, Kaiser Permanente took care of that. My Mom says to me one day after #6 was born, "No more kids I'm going broke every Christmas!!!"
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X