X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 3

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
    Really? Even if the majority of the people who work for that station disagree with the opinion?
    Yes really. Do we know that or if a majority of a paper's staff agrees with what the editorial board thinks?

Originally posted by dick View Post
    A newspaper doesn't endorse a candidate. Its editorial board does.
    Which is exactly my point. Fink does not work as a journalist(as far as we know) nor does he influence what KHNL covers(as far as we've heard).

So, it still comes down to people not being able to oppose Fink on his air.
    I'd only have a problem with this if KHNL/KFVE did news 24/7.
    Originally posted by mike
    scsdogg,
    You obviously are someone in the business and know what you are talking about.....

Comment

Originally posted by scsdogg View Post
      Yes really. Do we know that or if a majority of a paper's staff agrees with what the editorial board thinks?
      It doesn’t matter, because as I’ve already said, the editorial board are peers to the rest of the journalists in that newsroom. John Fink is the equivalent of a Lee Webber or a Dennis Francis. Where’s the “Think About It?” by them?

Which is exactly my point. Fink does not work as a journalist (as far as we know)
      Wrong. An on-air editorial is journalism. It’s been said numerous times that making them are part of his job. Duh!

nor does he influence what KHNL covers (as far as we've heard).
      LMFAO!!!! Oh ye the naïve one.

So, it still comes down to people not being able to oppose Fink on his air. I'd only have a problem with this if KHNL/KFVE did news 24/7.
      Give it time. Once the Olympics are over and UH finally pulls the plug on KFVE’s non-HD athletics coverage, they’ll get there.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Also posted at Television Memories:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...ING01/80822029

Comment

Bumping this to make it current again....

KGMB's weatherman is heading back to Ohio

Morning meteorologist Jeff Booth will anchor his last Hawaii forecast on KGMB-TV+ May 20, the last day of the Nielsen rating period, as he and his young and soon-to-grow family are heading back to Ohio.

"My daughters are 8 and 5 years old now, and we have another baby on the way. My wife and I feel this is the best time to move closer to our families," Booth said in a statement.
          Kind of old news already since this broke yesterday morning. Sorry if it was posted somewhere else.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I just found out this morning while watching the show. I'm sad to see him go but I am glad that he is doing what is best for his family.

Comment

Working...
            X