X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kiwidiva
    replied
    Re: KGMB Sunrise

I like Sunrise too and vaguely realized that this morning was the start of their 'extended' edition but I was still half asleep.

The one thing I don't like about the show is how Grace mispronounces Hawaiian words and place names. It is so OBVIOUS she's from the mainland but surely someone could teach her the proper way to pronounce Hawaiian vowels. It really, REALLY irks me.

Leave a comment:

• Video Guy
    replied

maybe sunrise and the local stations will hope that the temporary drama of uh football will drive things for a while. it did for all the weekend newscasts and for sure this morning.

Leave a comment:

• l14dap
    replied

So did anyone watch the new extended version of Sunrise this morning? What are they doing to fill 3½ hours a day?

Leave a comment:

• Kittrick
    replied

Originally posted by l14dap View Post
    OMG Paul... TOO HILARIOUS!! Thanks for the laugh!

I've noticed Ramsay Wharton was filling in the last couple of days. She was pretty good I thought...she'll do good once she starts anchoring the 4:30am newscast. But I have a feeling that newscast is going to be more "serious" (if you can say that about Sunrise), while the 5-8am will be a lot of the same.

It's funny how most of the Sunrise team went 3 months without taking a day off, then suddenly everyone's scrambling for time off or is out of the studio doing other stuff.
    4:30a.m. newscast?? At this point I'm surprised that some local station doesn't have a complete loop of the 10p.m. newscast through the night up until they do the 4:30a.m. or have some poor intern up all night at the desk. I mean KHNL re-runs the 10p.m. broadcast at 1a.m....let's fill in the blanks!

Leave a comment:

• pumpkinboy
    replied

yups, ratings time means no vacations.

of course if you work for gov't anytime is pretty much sick leave...er, I mean, vacation time.

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

Common pattern -establish TheTeam prior to ratings, then no one goes on vacation during ratings (November), and then people scramble to take time off (esp during the holidays) prior to the next ratings period (February).

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by l14dap View Post
    [...]
    It's funny how most of the Sunrise team went 3 months without taking a day off, then suddenly everyone's scrambling for time off or is out of the studio doing other stuff.
    The holidays might have something to do with it, too.

Leave a comment:

• l14dap
    replied

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
    Sansei has skipped more periods than Britney and Jamie Lynn Spears put together.

Well thanks for your time
    OMG Paul... TOO HILARIOUS!! Thanks for the laugh!

I've noticed Ramsay Wharton was filling in the last couple of days. She was pretty good I thought...she'll do good once she starts anchoring the 4:30am newscast. But I have a feeling that newscast is going to be more "serious" (if you can say that about Sunrise), while the 5-8am will be a lot of the same.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by Betamax View Post
    The number to watch is the women 25-54.... advertisers like it if you have a female audience in that age group (as well as the 18-49 group)... biggest buyer of men's underwear???? .... women
    Women?

Look, if they no like wear lingerie, get granny panties. Keep your hands out of our Hanes.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Sansei has skipped more periods than Britney and Jamie Lynn Spears put together.

Oooooh...deeeeear...gaaaaawd...
    I need the rest of the day to recover from a laugh induced bellyache!
    <fut><gasp><fut><belch><fut>
    (Where's the Body Mint when I need it?!)

Leave a comment:

• Betamax
    replied

Oops... I double posted.. sorry about that
    Last edited by Betamax; December 21, 2007, 11:31 AM. Reason: Double Post

Leave a comment:

• Betamax
    replied

Originally posted by Random View Post
    Umm, can you explain the table?
    Ok..it indicates how many and who is watching in a general sense.

e.g. 3/29 = 3% (3 rating points)of the total Potential audience in Hawaii is watching... & ... of those viewers with TV's on, 29%(share) are watching that channel.

Simplified math... about 1,000,000 folks in Hawaii.
    Of those folks, 30,000 are watching KHON, 20,000 watching KITV/KGMB each, and 10,000 are watching KHNL.

Of the total sets on at that time, 29% of those sets are watching KHON...etc. (the "share" will not add up to 100% in the chart as the other viewers are on other channels... splintered to a point of not measurable.

The number to watch is the women 25-54.... advertisers like it if you have a female audience in that age group (as well as the 18-49 group)... biggest buyer of men's underwear???? .... women

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

To: Santa Claus, North Pole

Dear Santa Claus,
    Paul Ogata wrote something so funny that it just made me squirt coffee out of my nose and it went all over the keyboard of my computer, so please add a new computer to that 47-page Wish List that I mailed you a few weeks ago.
    Respectfully yours,
    LikaNui

Leave a comment:

• sin
    replied

you've been looking for an excuse to use a britney/jamie lynn joke haven't you?

i feel used...

Leave a comment:

• Paul Ogata
    replied

Originally posted by sin View Post
    Sansei. You. Must. Use. Periods. Sometimes. Please.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X