X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maduro
    replied
    Re: KGMB Sunrise

They are trying too hard to be fun which comes off as goofy. Maybe they're targeting the preschool crowd with their antics and Lego and etc. And Howie seems out of place with his aloha wear against the suits. BLLEEAGGHH! I'll stick to KHON and KITV.

They should be more like their nighttime newscasts which I enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• bcr1652
    replied

Now that Sunrise has been on-air for already two weeks... what do you all think of the show so far?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

i just saw Jim nabors on Sunrise and jeff booth interviewed him and it was Great to see Jim Nabors and when i was young,i also watched Gomer pyle and since now he's a lance corporal and he'll soon be promoted to Full Corporal so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

I didn't say ALL red headed men!!! and I was speaking on this thread only about Keahi (& "Dash") who are just so nice to look at when they are on the news.

Carrot Top is just plain scary looking!

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    Sigh................red headed men are so hot!
    I hope you're not referring to Carrot Top.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by Howard Dicus View Post
    The big change for me is that I've never had a management more supportive of my using creative techniques to report decimel-pointed economic news than the people running KGMB. When I mentioned I was going to look for bigger Legos than the ones I used before, their instant reaction was to tell me to be sure to expense it! (Got any ideas for other toys I might employ?)
    Speaking of Legos, try not to let your props block your face from the camera. You don't look good trying to peer from either side of the tall Legos building.

And bring back your yellow-pad artworks. I missed those.

P.S. One last thing. Enough with the Hunks of KGMB9. I want the Hotties of KGMB9 Calendar.
    Last edited by Random; September 21, 2007, 11:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

Originally posted by Random View Post
    I'm sure the lady viewers are disappointed that they didn't do one for Keahi Tucker.
    Sigh................red headed men are so hot!

Leave a comment:

• Howard Dicus
    replied

Hey, guys, thanks for the kind words, and for the constructive criticism. Steve (who is actually still trim; the eating gags are schtick) and Grace and Jeff and Ramsay and I had a wild ride this week and it was a lot of fun. After years of being the only broadcaster at a newspaper it is a fresh experience to be working with members of my own tribe again, though the assistant producer of the show also used to work for PBN.

It's been interesting to see you compare and evaluate the personnel on different stations as if we're rival armies fighting to the death. I've got dear friends at all three of the other stations, who are also good friends with each other. We don't so much compete with each other as strive for our personal best; and, yeah, we're also trying to have fun. (This is important when you get up at 2:30 a.m.)

The big change for me is that I've never had a management more supportive of my using creative techniques to report decimel-pointed economic news than the people running KGMB. When I mentioned I was going to look for bigger Legos than the ones I used before, their instant reaction was to tell me to be sure to expense it! (Got any ideas for other toys I might employ?)

It's funny how nothing ever turns out quite the way you expect it will. I thought one of my biggest challenges would be learning to apply my own TV make-up (for my PBS Hawaii show there is a dedicated make-up professional, while at PBN I hadn't worn any.) Well, that turned out to be no problem at all. Instead, I'm wrestling with my reading glasses, which I've only worn since March. With them on, the TelePrompTer is blurry; without them, I can't read a word of any notes before me. If you watch this coming week you'll probably see me fiddling with the glasses and that's why.

I should have posted this to my own blog but I've been a semi-regular visitor here and feel like you're my cyberfamily...

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    My problem with the show and it was read on air already by someone who has the same gripe as I do: Too much weather and traffic. I mean I get the impression that every five minutes there is a weather update, does our local weather change so drastically that we need these frequent updates?
    Technically, it's every 10 minutes, whether it's on the 04's, 09's, 0-something for KHON.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
    ...they have yet to capture my eyes for long except the cooking segment with Ramsay yesterday. The girl has serious knife skills!
    That's not her only non-journalistic skill. In a promo preview for [Football] Friday's Sunrise, she can tackle like a linebacker.
    Last edited by Random; September 20, 2007, 11:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by Gee Why View Post
    Day 4 of Sunrise featured the hilarious mockup of the Hunks of KGMB.
    I'm sure the lady viewers are disappointed that they didn't do one for Keahi Tucker.

I laughed at it, but then I really want to see the Hotties of KGMB.

Leave a comment:

• Gee Why
    replied

Day 4 of Sunrise featured the hilarious mockup of the Hunks of KGMB.

http://www.pulpconnection.net/2007/0...ose-on-go.html

Leave a comment:

• glossyp
    replied

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    People want to know what the traffic and weather are because it affects them directly, and almost immediately.
    Only partially joking: "Look out the bloody window!" IMO, the obsession with weather is inexplicable given our extremely stable weather conditions. Regarding Sunrise, I'm not loving it yet. I keep checking every once and awhile, but they have yet to capture my eyes for long except the cooking segment with Ramsay yesterday. The girl has serious knife skills!

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

I think Ron Mizutani explained this quite well in an interview some time ago when he said that with the morning news, you basically have a new audience every fifteen minutes or so. People want to know what the traffic and weather are because it affects them directly, and almost immediately.

Leave a comment:

• bcr1652
    replied

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    My problem with the show and it was read on air already by someone who has the same gripe as I do: Too much weather and traffic. I mean I get the impression that every five minutes there is a weather update, does our local weather change so drastically that we need these frequent updates?

Aj
    Do you think the weather reports are more frequent on KGMB than KHNL and KITV??? Besides KGMB having it on the 09's, KHNL has weather and traffic on the :01's, and KITV has it on the :04's... so I think all these three stations do report weather a lot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X