KHNL Channel 35-2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHNL Channel 35-2?

Hello, I realize I may be the only person to capture Digital TV signals over-the-air on this forum, but has anyone else noticed the switch from 13.1 to 35.2 for KHNL's primary channel (with the weather channel switching from 13.2 to 35.1)? I e-mailed the station, but haven't heard back yet...
    May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Re: KHNL Channel 35-2?

Not trying to get all geek on you, but it sounds as if KHNL flipped the HD and SD-subchannel. When they did it the PSIP was not properly reset to reflect the change. 35 is the actual channel KHNL-DT transmits on, PSIP is digital code embedded in the signal that remaps the channel to 13(the analog channel).

If KHNL doesn't respond or correct the PSIP to remap to 13, e-mail the FCC and rat them out.
    By FCC rule, all DTV stations are now required to have their PSIP remap the stations digital channel to match the analog one.

Comment

Re: KHNL Channel 35-2?

Thanks, I wish I could get some confirmation that 'something happened'. I lost my digital reception of the channel on Friday (analog was still available) and didn't think to do another channel search until Monday - which is when I found the 'new' channel designation. After the new search, KIKU (which I hadn't lost) channel 19.1 'became' 20.1, too. Aside: I don't really care for these decimal channel designations as it makes for complicated button pushing on the remote.
      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Working...
      X