How Do You HitchHike to Hawaii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Do You HitchHike to Hawaii?

"Impossible" so often isn't. San Francisco in the 1800's had a popular but goofy figure, Emperor Norton, who was so crazy he advocated building a bridge across the bay from Oakland, and another across the Golden Gate. But long, long before technology ever makes it possible to build a bridge across the Alenuihaha Channel I think some other technology will have come along. Maybe teleportation.

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
      So we're back on the mainland. At first it was kinda awesome to see our house again through new eyes. I appreciated it all over again. It's a lot bigger than the one we had in IP and there aren't any planes. We have hardwood and carpet! A real bathtub!
      Good to know you are back home safely with the dogs!!!

Have a pleasant Aloha weekend.
      stay forever young

Comment

A way of getting to Hawai'i and the rest of the world for free is to crew on a yacht. I met some Australian surfers who were doing that. You have to hang around the harbor long enough to research boats, jobs, and routes you are interested in.

Comment

Not exactly hitch hiking to Hawaii. This is a story about a biker who wanted to get there.

When he got to the beach in L.A. he looked longingly towards Hawai'i.

A voice from the sky said, "You have been such a good person and I will grant you a wish."

"Build me a bridge to Hawai'i," said the biker.

The voice replied. "Do you realise how difficult that would be in terms of human resources ?,,,,,, I thought you might ask to come and stay with me in heaven !,,,,,,,,,, Is there anything else you would like instead" asked the voice.

"Yes," said the biker. "Help me to understand my wife, she often cries for no reason and also giggles when there is nothing funny,,,,,, can you help me,,, I just don't undersatnd women ?"

The voice replied,,, "How many lanes do you want on that bridge ?"

Comment

Anyone remember a tv series in the 80's called The Hitchhiker. The Hitchhiker would make some opening and closing statements about the episode. That synthesize music when the The Hitchhiker was walking in slow motion.

Comment

Re: How Do You HitchHike to Hawaii??

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              For so many people, Hawaii just gets under their skin.
              I've been away almost 1/2 of the years I lived there (25).

The feeling is different as the years go by. It's not my skin. Hawaii is in my soul. It hurts sometimes when "Hawaii thoughts" pop into my head. It could just be TV, song, or just the warm humid monsoon weather of Arizona, that would take me back, and makes me notices something is missing in my heart.

Even tho alot has changed in Hawaii and "My Hawaii" is only in my mind now. Hawaii is still Hawaii. Hard to explain it to some.

I miss it more as time goes by.

Comment

Working...
              X