• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tattrat's trials

+1000

prays and good thoughts for you!!!

joel

Originally posted by Amati View Post
    Leo Lakio said it so well, you've got support from people you have never even met. Speedy progress on regaining your health.

Comment

Aloha all, and I hope and wish for my extended Ohana here an AWESOME 2011!

I hate to bump this damned thing, BUT I need to let a few of my friends here know w'sup.

At risk of sounding like a downer/buzz kill/party pooper, I need/want to share here, as it is part of my online e-Ohana.

This is a copy/pasta(lol) from me, on a cooking board I am on(I am a chef and still talk cooking off the clock)

for related subject matter: I am waiting to see my pulomonoligist to HOPEFULLY get on a better course of action. My oncologist is optimistic(though I would expect nothing less)and my "numbers" are still "ok". . .the drugs are the big thing, and they still make me feel more like poo then WHOO, we'll see.

2011, I hope you treat me better! I am not sure I can do another year of this crap-o-la. And I hate to sound like a negative Nancy(sorry Nancy), because I KNOW thee are a LOT more people with things FAR WORSE then what I am dealing with, and my heart goes out to them. I just need a vent sometimes, and well, forum access is a LOT cheaper the $160/hr, lol, and as strange as it may seem, I feel I "know" some of y'all, so it is better then ranting to a stranger.

I have always been against a "shrink", If I cant solve my own problems, then how can someone else, BUT, I do feel better after these periodical vents.

OK, that's enough, thanks all!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------

I just didn't feel like writing that stuff all over, BUT, I will be back in the 808 this year.

I would love to have the chance to meet and greet with those from this board that I didn't have the chance to, while I was actually living there.

I don't care if it is just pupus somewhere, a quick meet at a beach park, or a full on party(not in my namesake, but just something that is already going on and I can tag along to), would just be great to put some actual faces to names, and a few handshakes all around.

Craig(Leo), this will involve a 4 day stay in Seattle, dates, TBD! would love to connect with you and the AF, Lori! I can't offer such amazing smoked salmon and candy, but if you want/need anything from the East Coast, lemme know!

. . .the sarcoid has now lead to pulmonary fibrosis. I have officially lost 34% of my lungs, gone, not to be returned, and can only hope that it slows down. As of now, I am looking at/have been given a 2-6year lifespan(a real stretch, I know)so it's a bit of a WTF kinda thing. . . I plan on making the MOST of things. If, in 9 months, I am not getting better/improving/things have stopped/slowed, I am gonna get put on a list for a lung transplant.

I WILL be back to the 808, even of only for a couple of weeks. My lady friend and I have talked a LOT about it, and even though I am FAR from a native, part of m heart belongs out there, and I know it would do me good to get back to Hawai'i

SO, that's what's up! I am sure that posting this after a few beverages tonight isn't to my advantage, but now, RIGHT NOW, I feel like a little weight has been lifted, and I can NOT WAIT to have my toes in the sand, a warm malasada, a lunch of mac salad and huli huli chicken, some something(I don't care pork or chicken)katsu, and just feel the embrace of Aloha and that sweet sweet ocean air!
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
        I will be back in the 808 this year. I would love to have the chance to meet and greet with those from this board that I didn't have the chance to, while I was actually living there. I don't care if it is just pupus somewhere, a quick meet at a beach park, or a full on party(not in my namesake, but just something that is already going on and I can tag along to), would just be great to put some actual faces to names, and a few handshakes all around.
        Thank you for sharing, and I admire your spirit, though everything. It's great to commit to your dreams of more travel, and I for one would be incredibly honored to be a small part of your return to Hawaii. Just let us know when, and we'll make something happen. I agree that the mind often overrules the body and I think it will do a great deal of spiritual good, and therefore likely physical good, to be back in the islands.

Comment

PZ conveyed my feelings far more eloquently than I ever could. A visit to the 808 sounds like the perfect antidote to me. And, with no side effects...except sadness when you return home. I'll keep you in my prayers, Tatt.

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
            Craig(Leo), this will involve a 4 day stay in Seattle, dates, TBD! would love to connect with you and the AF, Lori!
            Yes, without hesitation. It will happen - and we will get you to some of our favorite culinary destinations.

Comment

• Tattrat & Friends

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              Yes, without hesitation. It will happen - and we will get you to some of our favorite culinary destinations.
              You had better get together with us all, Tatt, or ELSE!

My spouse had a pulmonary endo-artoectomary, and lived, live with us as long as you have and we will show you what life is about.

BE with those who love you (HT included).
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Waiting foa your return Tattrat

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

if you venture to Kona, you have an HT friend that will help any way he can.
                  feel free to connect and let us know what you would like to do..we can help.
                  the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by escondido100 View Post
                    if you venture to Kona, you have an HT friend that will help any way he can.
                    feel free to connect and let us know what you would like to do..we can help.
                    That's the ol' spirit, "hidden one." We famili (ohana) here!
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Many Mahalos to you all, thanks a million! I appreciate you all acting a a caring and supportive sounding board, and it does me good!

Gonna start the planning on the next 808 outing. It WILL be sooner then later, I feel, and can not wait!
                      flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                      God

Comment

I am so sorry to hear of what's been going on. As the others are, I will be praying for you. You are so strong and it's totally okay to have to "vent" whenever you need. You're so much stronger than I would be in your shoes. And my goal is to get out there for a visit too. I really hope our visits can overlap!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Tattrat, where are you Sione? Time to check in and give the ohana an update. We got the Tongan tapu working for you amigo.
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Well, it's been a while, and I am just pissed off like all hell. . .

Was having some pretty bad pains in my hips/groin, no biggie, thinking I pulled something, mention it to my PCP who sends me for xrays, all normal. Mention this to my rheumatologist, she thinks arthritis, starts me on plaquinell. . .pain still there after 4 weeks, getting WORSE. . .I push for an MRI(there is something wrong, this isn't getting old pains, this is there is something wrong pain)and takes 'em another 4 weeks to get me scheduled for a damn MRI.

Last Thursday, MRI. Yesterday, call from 2 of my dr's saying I have on/AVN, avascular necrosis. WTF is this??!!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004519/

After 18months of heavy dose steroids, it has softened my joints and compromised blood supply to my legs.

I met with ortho today, who referred me to an Orthopedic surgeon tomorrow, who will take it from there. Based on what the dude said today, "Steroids can be the devil, I don't know how you are walking", and "from my experience, with as advanced as your avn looks, I would recommend joint replacement".

What. the. hell.

So yeah, find out tomorrow if I am getting new hips. Thanks steroids! Thanks, Sarcoid!

I just wanna say screw it, and check out. SO frustrated.

I mean really, this is just ridiculous.

/rant
                            flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                            God

Comment

I know what you mean. For me medications seem to take the life out of me so I rather live with the pain and die a complete life, than live in a drugged world. My ticker is pretty much tocking out and the cost of replacement is out of the question. I'm glad I managed to do a lot in my life, no regrets here.

Here's to life Tatt! This is but one journey and I can't wait for the next road trip God has planned for me!
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Yikes, Tatt. But, I hear ya, baby! I've been on disability that past 15 months and the biggest lesson I've learned is that western medicine sucks...big time. Allopathic drugs suck...big time. I'm so disillusioned that I can no longer walk into an MD's office without a chip on my shoulder. I, too, had to beg my rheumatologist for an MRI. And, like you, the MRI provided the diagnosis. And, like you again, it seems the problem is the side affect of a medication. What is it with these rheumatologists anyway?

I've moved on to a naturopath, acupuncture and various natural remedies. All have been remarkable. I'm still on the mend but I'm no longer assaulting my body with meds to counteract the side affects of others meds that were counteracting the side affect of the original meds! Well, a bit of an exaggeration to make a point but you get the drift!

My heart goes out to you as my problem pales in comparison to yours. But I'm just as mad; not only for me but now for you. Please stay with HT so we can stay with you. Big healing hugs to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X