Tattrat's trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tattrat's trials

Oh, Tatt, sincerely "Here's to life! To anyone who's got a full drink or a full heart! Shout!! Not to say that we were here, but to share that we are here!"

All the best!
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

I just went through this thread and all I can say is wow. Hang in there bro. Hope you can make it to the 808 soon!

Comment

Bump. . .

the journey continues

After a long awaited approval, I will be going in for surgery on Friday to start the healing of my dead bones caused from the meds/chemo.

It took a while, but my body finally is stabilized to the point where they feel like the complications are workable, and I will be having my left total hip replacement, Friday, at 3:30PM and the following(provided I respond well to recovery/surgery)three weeks later.

I got my FIRST "Positive" oncology reports back on Monday. While my white counts are off, they are more in line with what the immunosuppressant drugs due to me, versus what the Lymphoma was doing to me, but while I am in the Hospital, there will be some tests done just to makes sure things are indeed under control.

They anticipate a week or so in the hospital after surgery, and then, either to a rehab facility(because I live alone), or home, with nurse visits. . .that is TBD.

SO, at the ripe old age of 34, I will hate 2 new hips, be a cancer survivor, and living still will the pulmonary Sarc(still my biggest concern). . . if someone had told me 5 years ago that I would experience all of this, I would have called them a liar, and bought 'em a brew for a great tale.

Once "healed", Lady TATT and I have EVERY INTENTION of a few week stay over in the 808, and a cruise of all the islands, like just before I left the last time. THAT is my prize, and what I am really working for!
        flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

I just checked back to the start of this thread and you've been going thru this since 2009. Wow. Just...wow.

Yay for anything positive. Sounds like you have a very special lady. We'll look forward to seeing you in the 808...before you know it!

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
            They anticipate a week or so in the hospital after surgery, and then, either to a rehab facility(because I live alone), or home, with nurse visits. . .that is TBD.

SO, at the ripe old age of 34, I will hate 2 new hips,
            Nah,you will LOVE your two new hips, because they will work without pain. That is, AFTER rehab, which is worse than the chemo and the operation or anything else. But once past that, your life will improve much.

Let us know when you are coming, so we can schedule a 'surprise' party and appropriate welcome.
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              I just checked back to the start of this thread and you've been going thru this since 2009. Wow. Just...wow.

Yay for anything positive. Sounds like you have a very special lady. We'll look forward to seeing you in the 808...before you know it!
              Tutu, I can't believe it myself. . . I have learned ab lot about myself, life, pain, patience, and SO many other things along the way. I can't believe it sometimes, and many aspects of it are still very surreal to me. I have a lot more appreciation for many things that I had taken for granted, and it has been a life changing few years, and I feel like I have grown in some ways, and gotten a bit more "eff it" in other ways. . . life, life is just too short.

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
              Nah,you will LOVE your two new hips, because they will work without pain. That is, AFTER rehab, which is worse than the chemo and the operation or anything else. But once past that, your life will improve much.
              I certainly hope so!! The pain I have been in the past week, off of all meds, has let me feel things the way nature intended, and it is NOT pleasant. Even WITH meds, it had gotten really bad, as I am stage 4, out of 5 on the AVN scale, but, the pain associated with healing from surgery HAS to be better than the pain associated with my continued deterioration.

From those I have talked to, the skeletal relief is almost immediate, I really hope that is the case.
              flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
              God

Comment

Hello....I used to come here a long time ago.

You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Love you very much.

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

TAT,
                  I am hoping things heal asap.
                  With sincere best wishes.
                  God Bless

Comment

good to hear from you!

you've been through a lot.

do what you have to do and work towards that 808 vacation time... you've earned it and need it

my friend recently had her left hip replaced.

rehab is going well and she is hoping to have the right hip replaced next year.

joel

Comment

One down, one to go

the right side(left in the photo), is all jacked up, you can clearly see neither the socket, or ball part are not round, but due to surgical complications, we will NOT be rushing to get the other side done. I need one leg to be 100%. Right now, I am in surgery pain hell on one side, and AVN full blown pain in the other, I feel like I went from the frying pan, and into the fire, but this too shall pass.
                      flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                      God

Comment

OK. Keep the titanium out of your finger joints so we can still hear from ya.

Looks like a good settlement - I remember in 2000, when I had a t-rod in my femur and it was scratching on my kneecap and they didn't believe me. They took it out after the femur healed and it was OK. I still have it, since they couldn't re-use it.

Hang in there. In my experience, the rehabilitation is the worst part: Learning how to walk again.
                        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                        ~ ~
                        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                          we will NOT be rushing to get the other side done. .
                          I have a titanium joint in my right big toe as a result of arthritis. I had it for over 10 years now. The toe is not 100% but works okay. I do experience some minor discomfort from time to time but one learns to adapt.

My father (may Maui accept his spirit) died at age 92 with two titanium hip joints he had for years. His hip replacements improved the quality of his life significantly during the last 25% of his lifespan, including dancing and golf. So Big Guy it will be all mo' betta soon!

Arthritic hip dysplasia is hereditary on the paternal side of my family. My sister (10 years younger than matapule) has just gone through her first hip surgery. Matapule is beginning to feel some discomfort in his left hip from time to time, so it appears that hip joint replacement will be necessary at some time in the future.

Fortunately, Medicare through Kaiser Senior Advantage, will take care of all matapule's future ailments at a very reasonable cost - a MAXIMUM of $3000 out-of-pocket deductibles in any one year.......per family! Matapule wishes that this wonderful program would be available to all members of American ohana. Oh wait, it is! It is called the Affordable Care Act! Keep that in mind this coming November when you vote. One ticket wants to eliminate it, while the other ticket wants to strengthen the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare).

Blessed Be, Tatlati
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Prayers continuing, Tatt...

Comment

G'damn, Tat, I'm sorry to hear about all the pain you're going through :_(

A few years ago I suffered knee pain that prevented me from walking for months. That was miserable. Weeks of physical therapy didn't help. Finally a single shot of cortisone "healed" me overnight. Luckily I haven't needed it again.

For anyone suffering from any joint pain, for any reason, walk into a book store or library and read the first three chapters of Pete Egoscue's "Pain Free". A martial arts friend recommended it to me, and it became an important step (among many) in changing my life.

Best wishes to you Tat. Keep us informed.
                              MJ
                              "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                              "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                              "
                              Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

TAT ,
                                I am praying for you.
                                The pain will go away eventually.

Comment

Working...
                                X