A State Better than Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A State Better than Hawaii

I've lived in Illinois, Texas, Florida, California and Hawaii and the only other area I would consider living again if Hawaii sunk into the ocean might be the San Jose area for many of the reasons mentioned earlier....the climate, the proximity to the ocean, the proximity to wineries, the ability to get in the car and drive in less than a day to Vegas, Tahoe, San Diego, Oregon....just bout anywhere, the inexpensive fresh fruits and veggies....the negatives: the people aren't as nice and the traffic/drivers. (But I probably won't have to worry about Hawaii sinking into the ocean before California sinks so I'm OK)

Comment

Originally posted by idvfilms
      One state I can think of is a Positive State of Mind.
      I was going to write something close to this, but you already got it!
      People either make the best of where their at, possibly hoping to move or bring their lousy attitude to the new place. Hawai'i is paradise, but it ain't perfect. If you're looking for perfect move anywhere but here, please!
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
        I liked the dairy prices in washington when I left better than Hawaii .99 cents a gallon compared to 3.99 a gallon.

I like Washington apples better than Hawaiian Apples...

However, Hawaii has the most beautiful people in the world and not just talking about looks!

So Hawaii can't be beat!

However, I seem to be in the state of confusion most of the time
        I agree with you manoasurfer...but having been here.... I wouldn't come back just yet; I would rather only visit now rather than live there unless something drastic happens. but i'm here to stay.. I would have to agree with you, yes hawaii has the most beautiful people in the world.... Talk about diverse culture hawaii has it!!! like only hawaii can!

Comment

Either San Francisco or Colorado. But, after doing projects in both places, after a while, you gotta return home. Ya, Hawaii is expensive, but so it San Francisco. I think Hawaii is either ... you love it or you hate it. I had ex's that hated this place, and could never fit in, but the wifey visited once before (before we got married) and made a decision that yup ... this place is home!

Comment

I've lived in Hawaii my entire life, born and raised. To me there is no place
            that ever will compare to Hawaii. Nothing compares waking up and seeing
            the beautiful scenic scenery outside your window, driving around this island
            see the wide open spaces of untouched land and beautiful scenery.
            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
            The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy
              Nothing compares waking up and seeing
              the beautiful scenic scenery outside your window, driving around this island
              see the wide open spaces of untouched land and beautiful scenery.
              And although different on each island... "The Song Remains The Same"
              Oh yeah and don't forget the ocean!
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
                And although different on each island... "The Song Remains The Same"
                Oh yeah and don't forget the ocean!
                Whoops I forgot the ocean.The ocean view is so beautiful up in Kohala
                and Ka'u .
                Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                The Kona Blog

Comment

hahaha...I was born in Japan, moved to Hawaii when I was 3 years old...Basically I feel Hawaii is the best place to live in the world. Why? Because it is Hawaii! My feeling is Hawaii is...20% USA 30% Japan 50% Hawaii (yeah) and Protected by the hawaiian "Spirit of Aloha". Do I sound crazy? YES! Am I correct? YES!

Comment

To me, Hawaii, will always be my home away from home...SoCal in da house!!! Hawaii will always represent to me a place for new discovery, spiritual rejuvenation, and getting in touch with the Aloha Spirit. (hopefully bringing some spirit back to da mainland). If I had a lot of money, I would want to live 6 months on the islandz, and 6 months in SoCal. There are a lot of different opportunities/experiences for each location. I guess I would want the best of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
                      I think I could do Michigan. I need water, but it doesn't have to be salt water. The Great Lakes will do fine, and I recall learning somewhere that Michigan, after Alaska, has the most coastline of any state.
                      I thought Hawaii had the most coastline of any state. Remember the Hawaiian islands extend deep into the pacific northwest.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

i dont live in any US state but if i had to say whats 2rd to hawaii to me califonia then florida
                        *Lorna* I'M BACK MISSING HAWAII
                        http://www.myspace.com/lorna_uk

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                          I thought Hawaii had the most coastline of any state. Remember the Hawaiian islands extend deep into the pacific northwest.
                          No, Alaska has us beat. I remeber that was one of our bragging points up there. That, and you could cut Alaska in half, make two states, and Texas would still be the 3rd largest state. People often underestamate Alaska.

Comment

Yep. More coastline on Alaska than, I've heard, most or all other states put together. Thanks to the Aleutians, they can also say the extend further West than Hawaii does. Not that trivia like this (like the 'tallest mountain if you measure from the bottom of the ocean!' thing) amounts to much when determining a "better" state... except, I guess, on the grounds of "better trivia questions"!

Comment

I'm originally from Chicago, and have lived in Northern Kentucky (suburb of Cincinnati) and South Florida (Lake Worth...home of the newly wed and the nearly dead). Each place had something appealing, and of course growing up and moving several times my memories are colored by my age at the time. I lived in Florida during the population boom times of the early 80's when it was like the wild wild west. Miami Vice, drugs galore, and the Jamaican "Posses" running around Dade county shooting everything up (even the Columbians feared them).

March of last year, I took my wife with me on a business trip to my home town of Chicago. She was born & raised in Ewa Beach and at age 39 had never seen snow. We lucked out and got a perfect light snowfall in the city and got to make the sole footprints in it on our way back to the hotel. She loved the city life and how dining, shopping, entertainment, & transportation were just blocks from our hotel (Lincoln Park area). We saw the museums, and the observation deck of the John Hancock Center, and of course dined on a Chicago 3 course meal (stuffed pizza, Italian Beef sandwich, and a Chicago style hot dog). By the end of our trip she told me that "if life ever dictated that we leave Hawaii, I could live here and be happy". Now that's an endorsement if I ever heard one.

But for me, it is now, and will always be Hawaii. I've lived here for my entire "adult life". I've made my roots. My business is here. My wife's family and heritage is here. And most important, the people of Hawaii, the reason I stayed all these years. Jimmy Buffet sang it years ago...I have found me a home...

Comment

Wow, three cheers for Jeff!! It was great reading your post and your experiences/relationship with your wife. I especially like the last two lines of your post the best....HAWAII NO KA OI !!

Comment

Working...
                                X