Miss Oahu! Advice please..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miss Oahu! Advice please..

Yes Nacho, I'll inform as to what 'hell on earth' is. Alright picture this. You move from someplace where you have lots of friends, enjoy the culture, love life, and are generally a genial person.
    Now you move to someplace else where racial diversity is nonexistent and elitism is the order of the day. There is one majority and if you don't fit into it your ridiculed. If you are said race, then you are constantly exposed to racist jokes about other cultures being poor leaches on society. That happens in the first couple months...
    Ok so now you're settled in your new 'home'. You go about trying to make some friends. Its hard because almost everyone makes fun of the way you talk, dress, act, what things your into (hobbies). You find one or two guys to be your friends and they seem like alright fellas. Similar interests to you etc. Then you find out that they've been made fun of their whole lives simply cause they don't fit into the close-minded area in which you now reside. So because of your association the harassment is even worse. They gang up on you, supporting each other, no matter what preposterous bull crap issues from their friend's mouth... End of Year One
    From Year two to Year Eight, you basically have almost nothing to do (especially when your two friends are on vacation), have given up playing sports because no matter how good you are 'lil Johnny is so much better in the coaches eyes so you ride the pine. 'Lil Johnny won't hesitate to inform you how great he is and how much you suck mainly cause his parents have fed him that bull since he came outa the womb. (In actuality Johnny sucks, and you've seen more athletic talent in a garden slug)...
    Life becomes utterly boring and monotonous, you give up on trying to fit in, and set your sights on returning to the actual place you call home...

Now I could go into more detail but I think you get the picture. For an adult it would be somewhat similar, the alienation, and you'd see your children discriminated against.
    "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
    "But I can't even read good."
    "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
    "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Craig, yes, for me NJ.

Also Prof. K., let the grammer slide on the above post. I don't feel like correcting it.
      Last edited by Whitepoint3rchum; July 29, 2006, 01:16 PM.
      "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
      "But I can't even read good."
      "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
      "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

No worries. Everyone has their own version of "hell". Mine involves being tied to a chair watching a 24 hour Knight Rider marathon but to each their own.

All of this has the ability to make you stronger or make you weaker. Your choice. Remember that, you always have a choice.

There is only one race. Human.

If it makes you feel any better, Lil' Johnny gets run over by the Karma train sometime around flunking out of college and rehab. The bad part is that he usually finds a career in law enforcement or politics. Gotta feed that 'power' thing. Unfortunately for him the train returns for another mow job.
        You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
          No worries. Everyone has their own version of "hell". Mine involves being
          Lil' Johnny gets run over by the Karma train sometime around flunking out
          mine involves being subject to that dreadful australian import slogan
          'no
          worries'

and cheap metaphors like 'run over by the karma train'.

Comment

Palaina..... I will suggest that you make the move now while you can afford it. You have not told us what your wife has to say about all this... I know she is not there with you at the moment... but have you spoken to her about his and she is fine with you leaving and moving to Hawai'i. Because.... you do realize that when if she is allowed to come home for a break...she will be send back to NY and you may not be able to see each other unless you then come to NY to meet her.

But the most important thing is this.... if your wife is in full agreement with you and says go ahead.... what else can anyone of us here say. Your wifes opinion is #1 my dear Vet. How does she feel about it?

Based on the fact that you have a steady income coming in from her and you will be able to find a job in Oahu for sure since you have all those Vet and dissability rights to jobs... so you should be able to live well in Oahu and you know your way around as well. And you have a good amount saved up...

The questions remains.... how do you plan on takiing care of your Son. You will need to find a good babysitter once you get there... because you never know what your work schedule will be and develop a good support base... since you will be "technically" a single dad out there.

I pray for the safety of your wife and everyone else out there fighting the BUSH war.
            Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
            Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
              [...]and cheap metaphors like 'run over by the karma train'.
              Yikes! Good thing you never met my dad. He would've been your living hell with all of his wonderful, creative, wildly funny metaphors. He was a master of metaphors which came naturally to him as writing was one of his many strengths.

Personally, I love nachodaddy's "run over by the karma train".

See...diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks! Bet that phrase gets to ya too!

Comment

reminds me. the wedding chrashers movie. the script was nothing but a bunch of strung together slogans and metaphors. ugh.
                No direct speaking at all.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                  reminds me. the wedding chrashers movie. the script was nothing but a bunch of strung together slogans and metaphors. ugh.
                  No direct speaking at all.
                  \

Since the price of metaphors just went up, I'll hit ya with some of my more creative and original ones, be prepared to go "waaaaaaaaaa"
                  You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

I am going waaaa already.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                      New Jersey?

What is this a death wish? You messin' with ME?
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                        What is this a death wish? You messin' with ME?
                        I don't see any smiles so you must be serious. Oh well

Wasn't it New Jersey the reason why we have the Superfund? Oh what was the name of that senator from NJ who was the NBA basketball player back in the late 70's that I think authored it's inception? Back then there were something like 631 toxic waste sites in that state alone.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                        X