Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Island please??

Hi there!!

I am thinking of returning to Hawaii after a fabulous vacation the last time in Oahu and Maui..

I am not sure what to do this time and the problem is that this vacation may only be for 1 week! (Part of a honeymoon)

Can anyone advise me on what they think is the best Island to go to or will it be too hard to beat Oahu and especially Maui?

We whould be looking for paradise beaches and lovely sightseeing so what would be the best in those categories?

Thanks!

JonnieG

Re: What Island please??

Big Island. Beaches, Rainforest and Volcano. Can't beat it.

Comment

I second that -- Big Island.

If you can afford it, get a helicopter tour of the volcano at dusk. It'll be an experience you'll long remember!

Comment

I third that!!!! BIG ISLAND 4 sure.... More space than any other island. Way cheaper too!!!!
        bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Fourthing the Big Island. My favorite island. For first-time Hawaii travelers, Oahu has a lot to offer. But if you've already done Oahu and Maui, you absolutely have to go to the Big Island next.

Comment

I Fifth it! I absolutely Love the Big Island. In fact, I can't wait till P.K. retires so we can live there.

Alas, it's not going be anytime soon.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

With only 1 week, I'd go Kauai or repeat Maui. You can see much more of it than the Big island with less driving. I just don't find the Big island has the variety of beaches found on Kauai and Maui. Of course, if you like driving, I'd echo the Big island rec. [Note: I live on Oahu, like it better than the rest (VOG is rare, conveniences like modern hospitals, etc.) and have been to all the others multiple times]
              Last edited by salmoned; November 15, 2007, 07:51 AM.
              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

2nd Kauai! Easily the most beautiful place on earth. Not much nightlife though, if that's what you're lookign for. For that matter the Big Island won't have much either - not like Oahu or Maui. Both are much less developed.
                "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
                Socrates.

Comment

Just try`um Big Island get plenty 4 offer. Hilo get awesome area`s and great views, or if not go to the Kona side if you like dry area. The cost of living is way cheaper on the Big Island than on Maui, Kauai, or Oahu. But If you want to move to the other Islands, no problem!, just gonna cost you more......
                  bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob P View Post
                    2nd Kauai! Easily the most beautiful place on earth. Not much nightlife though, if that's what you're lookign for. For that matter the Big Island won't have much either - not like Oahu or Maui. Both are much less developed.
                    Ditto on the nightlife thing with the Big Island. With the exception of Kailua Kona, after 6 it's deadsville.

One thing I learned, after a few trips to Oahu. I specifically avoided Waikiki because I didn't wanna go to the "tourist Hawaii". But now, I think it's one of my favorite places to go. It's like NY City or LA but with a perfect beach at the end of it. The streets are still buzzing at 12:00 midnight.

For a person who likes action like me, it offers the best of both worlds....the beauty of Hawaii and the hustle and bustle of where I live now (Los Angeles)
                    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Working...
                    X