moving soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: moving soon

Hot. Seriously congested with traffic if you plan to drive east into Honolulu. Yet, still lots of development and construction. The plus side? Cheaper than living closer to town, I guess. And newer amenities and shopping options.

Comment

only have to drive to hickham everyday

Comment

How much lift is too much lift? My jeep has 4 inches of lift and 33 inch tires. Will this pass inspection?

Comment

Originally posted by Gumby
          only have to drive to hickham everyday
          In your first post you stated you will be working in Pearl Harbor for a Govt. contract. "Hickam" Air force Base is a different base from Pearl Harbor. One is run by the Air Force and the other by the Navy. Just a clarification.

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Clayton, if you're going to ship it commercial, just get it to where it will conform to the shipping company's requirements. Once you get to Hawaii you can visit the local "recon" station for advisement on your specific vehicle.

Comment

I consider them to be both in the same geographical area as far as comute. looks like I might bid on a house in the ocean pointe area of ewa plane.
              Dog quarentine is going to kill me.

Comment

You can cut quarantine down to five days or less if you plan ahead.

Good luck in your house hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  You can cut quarantine down to five days or less if you plan ahead.
                  The hassle of the paperwork, shots, tests, etc. are well worth it. Pzarquon is quite right that you need to plan ahead and track what needs to be done when - it will save a bundle of money and your dog from undue discomfort. This option has only been available for a couple of years and it was a long time coming.

Comment

When I move back, I'm bringing 2 cats with me. I was sitting next to a guy on a flight to Maui earlier this year who was bringing over one of his pets on the same flight. He said you definitely have to plan ahead. It's the timing of the rabies shots that requires careful coordination. He said he started preparing for the trip for the pet a year in advance, making sure the rabies certificates were all updated, and then timing the final rabies shot within the window that Hawai'i insists the animal needs to be vaccinated. Right now, the only place you can take your pet directly to Hawai'i without ending up in quarantine is on Oahu, and the inspection station is located way in the bowels of the airport (the guy had to leave the terminal and then come back in through another gate almost directly underneath where we disembarked, which was kinda stupid). Maybe eventually the outer islands will have their own set ups so owners can fly directly to their final destination and avoid Honolulu. I think they may build one of those stations in Kahului, because they're planning to remodel the terminal. It would be nicer and easier for me if they did have a facility on Maui.

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

all noted thanks It may be that i am to white and to male to get the position
                      the human resources dept is looking into filling the position with a person of color no shit! not how qualified you are but what color,race or some other measured quality except job skill

Comment

the human resources dept is looking into filling the position with a person of color no shit! not how qualified you are but what color,race or some other measured quality except job skill
                        I thought you already had your govt contract sewn up?? Now you think they may fill it with someone else just to fill a quota? Eesh. They keep trying to tell us that there's no discrimination... Be grateful you're not over 50, too, because there's subtle age discrimination going on, too.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I worked at CCPO (Consolidated Civilian Personnel Office) Treasure Island before coming home to Hawai'i. It is against Federal Regulations to be refused a job because of race, color, religion, etc. etc. etc. Braddah, I don't care if you shark meat white, if you pocess the experience and knowledge you should be able to get the job. Eh, I thought they sending you. Now, you getting me confused. Auwe!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Gumby said he's a federal contractor, not a federal employee. Does that make a difference?

Comment

As a federal contractor, why wouldn't they use the same criteria for hiring as they would for any federal job?

I thought any entity that was awarded a federal contract had to abide by the same rules as the federal government?

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                                Gumby said he's a federal contractor, not a federal employee. Does that make a difference?
                                Human Resources, CCPO or any agency representing the Federal goes by the same guide lines, rules and regulations. No, to your answer Glen.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X