This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii.com on HawaiiThreads.com

I am soooooooooooooo confused, but if there's someone reading this who indeed wants to know about camping at state parks, let me give you what I know. If there is no such person, well, heck. Perhaps someone else will still be able to use this.

I've done a fair amount of camping and some previous poster was correct; you can only legally camp for a few days at a time. When I've camped at Sand Island, which is right in town, I've had to show my permit to...someone. I can't remember who. When I've camped far, far away from town, at places such as Kualoa, nobody has ever checked for a permit. In the past (and possibly currently; I am not sure) there have been semi-permanent residents of Kualoa in tents and campers. I remember when Hurricane Iniki was about to hit, someone called KSSK and said, "I'm going down to Kualoa to tell everybody to get the heck out of there, in case they don't know."

Keep in mind that I'm talking thirteen years ago, and things may have changed.

If you need a permanent address in trying to find work, there used to be places homeless people could get mailboxes and receive phone messages, but I am having trouble finding the info just now.

Finally, get those kids registered and ready for school as soon as you get here. School's already started, and it's tough enough being the new kid without being the new homeless kid and several weeks behind.
    Last edited by scrivener; July 28, 2005, 08:49 PM. Reason: "Surrender all your dreams to me tonight; they'll come true in the end..."
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Re: Hawaii.com on HawaiiThreads.com

Too bad that the Camping before renting thread is closed because there is a flaw in that person's plan on doing that. They need to save at least 2 months maybe 3 months worth of rent they wish to pay before actually coming here. If they expect to earn that money when they get to Hawaii they might get caught up in a catch-22 situation.

Comment

Working...
      X