X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii.com on HawaiiThreads.com

Comment

you....tawkin bout ME!?

"I was on Hawaiithreads briefly -- I don't see it as a very active forum."

maybe she otta log in other than at 3 ayem.

http://www.hawaii.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2035&

Comment

Re: you....tawkin bout ME!?

They sure did make a pretty big deal about my thread. I was simply trying to get some information and was thankful for every bit I got. I'd rather get a “real” answer than some candy-coated one. Did you find the thread that bad, Kimo?
        Arturo

Comment

I did and I'm NICE!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I took a look, but the place didn't appeal to me. I like it better here.

Comment

Originally posted by arturo_h
              Did you find the thread that bad, Kimo?
              Arturo
              I find the threads here not bad enuff.
              haaaa.
              I found the thread on Hawaii.com overly uh... careful. "be nice" seems to be the motto, universally, online now. To an unneccessary degree.

It's the reaction and brainwashing we have here in the age of political correctness. Where ya GOTTA stay within these two narrow lines. and NEVER joke. or pass on a pointed comment. or drop a bit of irony. Nooo... cuz then, ya may uh FEND someone! and they will sue for sexual harassment.
              "I am offended. I feel sexually harassed".
              "oh really"?"
              "No, but it's damn near, and anyone can back me up on this cuz we ARE all victims here now, aren't we, and no one should display an intelligent sense of humor"... or play the devil's advocate. Or challenge the mindless lemming mentality. Or societal hypocrisy. Or question religion, or firmheld longterm dumb beliefs based on: "weyull, muh maw did it lahk ayut, so ah dew iyut.." Or offer an unpopular opinion or another viewpoint even if it's to test the conviction or resiliency of the positor. Or even to offer some actual, factual real booklearnin... sumpin some people never knew before. but it shakes them to their foundation and they cain't handle it. sometimes that does meet with violent pitchfork pumping angry mob rule. So instead of the mental excersize and challenges and mind expanding exchanges, we swap shopping lists. and inexplicably share and describe the minutiae observed in our cribs; "how many dust bunnies do YOU have under YOUR bed?!" and tell each other what movie we just spent too much money on but we didn't mention that it bothers us that it costs so much or why, cuz we don't care, we will do it so we can say JUST that i went to a movie. Without offering any perpective on the flik or observations or what it stimulated from within, as that is what 'art' should do. but as we have been taught to NOT express ourselves, we no longer discuss and debate and cajole and rib and joke. (No one know how to any longer.) It's all offended argumentation and offense taking. and "I know you are but what am I?" taken seriously and to the Nth degree. Expressed via a handfull of all-caps abbrevations and small animated cartoons, which means all the myriad levels of communication and expression and the countless voluminous words at our avail that we no longer know, or use, have been distilled down to a few basic emoticons, (as vile a word as ever was uttered) So, we are left with the same daily pedantic scribblings and the only thing different in these automatic carpeltunnelsyndromeinducing keyboard futilities is; the letters making up the sentences, are arranged a little different, but the level of pithiness and substance perennially remains as nutritious and fulfilling as damp cardboard.

As I noted a while back, I post on other chat sites and we have a rip roarin good time and we all remain friends. and we get caustic. and jokingly abusive. and it is really funny the stuff people come up with. when they are not held back.
              ok. nuff arready.
              I have upset prolly 48 churchladies by now.
              Last edited by kimo55; August 11, 2005, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Can somebody get a word count on that post?

Comment

Pshaw..compared to the Rant and Rave postings on the Honolulu Craigslist, both this site and Hawaii.com are pretty harmless, with the unmoderated postings allowed there. God help any haole from the mainland who asks that bunch about moving to Hawai'i or where the best place to visit in Hawai'i on vacation is!

Comment

BroKimo, Wow, Laulau! full of Anger, uh? You feel better ventilating? I hope so. I always said you bring a flair to this forum even with your nastiness and cruel remarks. Your above post although long covers some truth that many of us want to say but feel held back. I applaud you. Ok, I going back to sleep. It's 5:19 am. (yeah, I'm guilty as hell for using SMILEY'S)

Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                      I find the threads here not bad enuff.
                      haaaa...
                      As I noted a while back, I post on other chat sites and we have a rip roarin good time and we all remain friends. and we get caustic. and jokingly abusive. and it is really funny the stuff people come up with. when they are not held back.
                      ok. nuff arready.
                      I have upset prolly 48 churchladies by now.
                      Wat?! I owe you money?

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                        BroKimo, Wow, Laulau! full of Anger, uh?
                        no, not at all. Illustrates my point. You think that's anger.... ah well, back to the key...board.
                        Originally posted by Miulang
                        Wat?! I owe you money?

uh, how much you think you owe me? here's my address....

Comment

Working...
                        X