This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: About making friends in Hawaii

Thanks for the update! It's always interesting to hear the end of the story.

Comment

My very first impressions of Kauai people still hold true today: They are a very warm and accepting people. At first, I was skeptical. Ok, maybe I was just lucky to run into some good people. Maybe these folks were being nice for some ulterior motivation. I very quickly learned that this genuine warmness was pervasive. It seemed that EVERYBODY was like this. I feel so lucky to have encountered and made friends with these wonderful peoples.

I agree with sentiments mentioned earlier about the nature of the drug. I find it hard to imagine a person being outcast by potsmokers. It is not a thing that makes you aggressive like caffeine or steroids or nicotine or even alcohol. I have images of "Refer Madness" in my head.

BTW, Madazza: I miss your tag line "If you are not paying my bar tab, you are part of the problem". That always made me smile. It seemed kind of appropriate for this thread.

Comment

Well, this is kinda late but what does it matter if they did smoke pakalolo. You can still be friends with people who engage in such activities, you just don't have to be around when they do it. Almost 90% of my friends smoke the herb, but I've told them it's not my cup of tea and I'd like them to respect my decision as a person not to smoke it. I don't have any trouble with them. This seems like a reasonable approach, however I'm not versed on the prevalance of Kaua'i's pakalolo use but would refusing to partake/being friends with the individuals otherwise not be accepted in Kaua'i? < That doesn't seem logical to me, so I woulda suggested you just be your own person, just cause they smoke doesn't make em bad either.
        "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
        "But I can't even read good."
        "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
        "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

smoke da herb is a private personal preference thang. I... don't care the religion or sexual preference or at home drug taking habits or preferences of people i meet and know... That's private and i don't judge them by it. I suppose i would know that more of my friends/acquaintances partook in da spleef if i smoked. ... but ainokea.

Comment

A friend with weed is a friend indeed!
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Go back to your street corner menehune

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                Go back to your street corner menehune
                That along with my previous post were things I did quite a long time ago!
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

whoops ... double post, but I messed this one up, so ... this one goes.

Comment

Originally posted by alohatim
                    BTW, Madazza: I miss your tag line "If you are not paying my bar tab, you are part of the problem". That always made me smile. It seemed kind of appropriate for this thread.
                    Thanks! That's nice to hear. I don't remember when or why I got rid of it. Must've been one of those late-night whims. Same way I got it.

Comment

I like to drink socially, go to bars, and do smoke cigarettes (but trying to quit before I get out there cuz it's so anti-smoking everywhere in Hawaii compared to here in the "tobacco farming" country of the South). But I dont do drugs.

Cognitive Dissonance at its finest. Talk about stupid !!!!!!!!!

Speed kills. Drink Coffee.
                      I mean, Just Say No to Drugs, like cigarettes, aspirin, and alcohol.
                      I mean, when I was a kid, a frying egg was a good thing.

I'm so confused.

< with a Homer drool face> MMMMMm Brownies

I've said it before. I'll say it again. The War on Drugs is a farce in a country where the use of various types of drugs is nearly 100% in the populace.

If drugs were legal, would you start?
                      Do you think a user ever stopped cuz of law?
                      See the problem?

Logic is a dish best served with a hammer and a nail.
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com
                      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I'm still looking for a freaking medical expert to answer my question regarding how da heck they can prove someone "DOESN'T HAVE NAUSEA"

Manoa frustrated to the lack of response to my question....

Looked it up ... no can find online!!! anyone else can at least share a link?

Comment

manoa, have you ever gone through a chemotherapy session?

Comment

Nope never had chemo...

My mom has received it during two seperate times....

once in 1975 when Marijuana benefits weren't known...

and once in 2006 when they were known...

Her recovery for her was much easier with Pakalolo the second time.
                            Last edited by damontucker; August 6, 2006, 09:41 PM.

Comment

did she take it because it alleviated her nausea during sessions? and if so, wouldn't that answer your question?

Comment

If I may interject ...

I thought Manoa was asking how a doctor or some outside person decides who gets marijuana; how does the doctor know how nauseated the patient feels? What if the doctor is an a-hole and doesn't believe the patient is nauseated "enough" to get marijuana? Then a patient who should get relief for his/her nausea is denied it, because medical marijuana has this absurd stigma and controversy attached to it. But ruining your liver with alcohol is perfectly fine.

That's what I thought he was asking. (Well, except for the last part, where I rant characteristically albeit briefly.)

Sorry if I'm mistaken, Manoa. Just throwing my two cents in.

Comment

Working...
                                X