Oahu Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oahu Weather

If you plan on staying in a vacation rental in Kailua, try to make sure that it is a legal rental. They are cracking down bigtime on illegal vacation rentals here---I see that a few that were previously bustling with activity are now empty. One has a "FOR SALE" sign on it.
    Ask the owner for a TVU number. If they can't supply it, the place is not licensed.
    Kailua is not nearly as rainy as Kaneohe. Trust me on this---I could send you pictures of my sorry-ass lawn.
    No guarantees of great weather but November is usually fairly okay. Rains probably every night, and into the early morning. Nice rainbow action.

Comment

Do Not Stay In An Illegal Vacation Rental

DO NOT STAY IN AN ILLEGAL VACATION RENTAL.

Illegal vacation rentals and B&B’s are a real big deal right now on Oahu! It has been in all of the local papers and on the local TV news. I even saw an article in USA Today.

The city is cracking down on them and many visitors have found out at the last moment that they no longer have accommodations when they arrive. Check out the following website;

www.bnbcoalition.org

This site will show you how you can make sure your accommodations are legitimate. If the accommodation’s owner claims they are legitimate because they have a tax license, don’t believe them. Anyone and their mother can get a tax license. They must have to have a “Non-Conforming Use” certificate stating TVU or B&B from the Department of Planning & Permitting to be legal. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
      X