Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: recommended areas in oahu

Originally posted by Keanu
    You guys ever watch Dog the Bounty Hunter? it seems like he's always in Ewa Beach.
    LOL---he ended up in Kailua a few episodes ago. In those apartments along Kailua Road.

Comment

You might try the Makakilo area. I work with nurses who live there.

It's a bit of a haul but if your wife works night shift it shouldn't be bad.

Comment

There are definitely "sketchy" areas in Ewa Beach. We wandered into some while we were there last week. We liked the newer Ewa by Gentry neighborhoods and Ocean Pointe. The townhouse we leased is in Terrazza. We also looked at some nice places in Ko Olina. They were in our price range for rentals but we could not afford to buy there.

By the way, two different realtors suggested we not buy right away even though we have a substantial down payment from the sale of our home in North Carolina. They said the market is shifting and we would be best served by waiting a year. I thought that was amazing advice coming from someone who sells houses for a living!

One issue that surprised us was parking. We have three vehicles and several of the places we looked at only allow two per unit. Ko Olina was very strict about it. You're not even allowed to park in your own driveway in some areas. The townhome we rented has a two car garage and a driveway that will accommodate our extra vehicle.

Good luck on your move.

Comment

i do watch Dog the Bounty Hunter. He does seem to be in Ewa Beach and Waianae quite often. Where's does Dog live?

Of course, I would love to live in the East Honolulu area (Kahala, Hawaii Kai, and Aina Haina), but I don't think we can afford that area. I'm still hoping to find something in Kailua or possibly Kaneohe. There are a few reasonable rentals in Kalihi Valley, but I'm not too sure about that area.

Comment

No matter wea you live...your home is your castle!

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I just want to make sure we start out on the right foot and have a positive experience from the start.

Comment

I live in Kaneohe and love the quietness here. The traffic is NOT bad at all and if you have to drive into Honolulu, you have several options: Likelike (which is rarely busy), Pali, H-3 or the scenic but longer Waimanalo route that takes you along the coast. Good luck in finding a place!

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
                  Kimo comes in at 98.9
                  I used to come in at 88.3, then 94.9, but now I'm at 91.3 (though some mornings at 1540, but that's AM.)

Oh...waitaminnit...never mind...fading out now, must be going through a tunnel...

Comment

Originally posted by luv2dive
                    i do watch Dog the Bounty Hunter. He does seem to be in Ewa Beach and Waianae quite often. Where's does Dog live?

Hawai'i Kai.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu
                      Hawai'i Kai.
                      I thought that he rented in Kahala.

Comment

Originally posted by alohacandy
                        I thought that he rented in Kahala.
                        I think he does.

I hear he is trying to work out a deal with his new contract to get a home in a gated community---states that he gets harrassed too damn much at his present place.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN
                          I think he does.

I hear he is trying to work out a deal with his new contract to get a home in a gated community---states that he gets harrassed too damn much at his present place.

Hmmmm...then why does he let them film at his place?

Maybe he'll end up on Hawaii Loa Ridge.

Comment

Working...
                          X