what is best to sublet my condo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what is best to sublet my condo

Yeah.... with pool, and BBQ w/a kitchen. Laundry room every floor.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      D'oh! Of course. I just saw 630 sq. ft. and thought studio. [...]
      Heh...I have 1/1/1 condo that's 400 sq. ft.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
        Heh...I have 1/1/1 condo that's 400 sq. ft.

Geez my garage is bigger than that.

Geez most of my four bedrooms are bigger than that individually.

Geez my living room is bigger than that.

Geez my kitchen is bigger than that.

Hmmm I think one of my walk in closets is bigger than that.

You know my hallway is bigger than that too!

And my 2500 sq foot split level ranch style home cost me about what your condo probably costs.

Thats why I moved to the Big Island, more bang for the buck.
        Last edited by craigwatanabe; August 25, 2006, 07:17 PM.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
          [...]And my 2500 sq foot split level ranch style home cost me about what your condo probably costs.[...]
          Ok...put your cards on the table, Craig! I bought my condo for $30,000., fee simple, oceanfront! Of course, today it's a different story!

Four hundred square feet equals the average 2 car garage however my unit is rectangular and not square, which allows for a bedroom. Oh...and I don't have 6 children! It's just me, myself and I and I can live in only one room at a time. In reality, I prefer to live at the beach...IOW, the exterior is more important than the interior.

But, yeah, 400 sq. ft. is small but, OMG, my view! The trade off is worth it AND I'm not inundated with house guests 'cuz there's just no room!

PARADISE...and no mortgage!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
            Ok...put your cards on the table, Craig! I bought my condo for $30,000., fee simple, oceanfront! Of course, today it's a different story!

Four hundred square feet equals the average 2 car garage however my unit is rectangular and not square, which allows for a bedroom. Oh...and I don't have 6 children! It's just me, myself and I and I can live in only one room at a time. In reality, I prefer to live at the beach...IOW, the exterior is more important than the interior.

But, yeah, 400 sq. ft. is small but, OMG, my view! The trade off is worth it AND I'm not inundated with house guests 'cuz there's just no room!

PARADISE...and no mortgage!
            I live within a five minute walk from the north shore of the Big Island. My Southern view is two white capped mountains in the distance. I have two driveways, two garages, full size bathrooms in each of four bedroom (each 20 x 20) with individual walk in closets. My kitchen has three 12-foot long tiled countertops, um let's see, oh yeah all this on 41,000 sq feet of land (just over 1-acre) and Kohler faucets and basins everywhere. This is a custom built home.

Plus I do have six blessed kids and I always have house guests because I do have all the room. I try to make lemon aid out of lemons.

And guess what, with all the money I saved, I retired at a ripe age of 44 (two years ago). PARADISE...and no mortgage either! So there
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              [...]And guess what, with all the money I saved, I retired at a ripe age of 44 (two years ago). PARADISE...and no mortgage either! So there
              Knowing you're a stay-at-home dad, did you also take on the upkeep of all that space, both interior and exterior?! Inquiring minds wanna know.

Seriously, I've been there, done that (big home, big lot and kids!) and loved every minute of it at the time. Now that I'm retirement age and an empty nester for 20 years, downsizing has been one of my better decisions. It's definitely not for everyone but it's worked out incredibly well for me. I retired at 46 but I missed my job and my clients, crew and co-workers. I lasted 2 years before I jumped back into the fray again! That was 14 years ago.

You may have retired at 44 but you currently have the most important, laborious, time intensive job known to mankind. Full time parenthood! Good on ya!

Comment

Originally posted by liy
                Yeah I know, many studio are getting roomier today. my is appr 25x30, simple floor plan, has a very homy feeling. View isn't great, not high floor, just city and street view, but at least it is not a wall of another building. I just bought it and will stay for a month before renting it. I am just going to hand it to a rental agent. But would love to get an idea how much I should really ask for...
                I don't think anyone here can answer your question, unless they are in condo management. The only people that can answer that question for you would be real estate agents or the management company that you decide to use. They can find out what the current rental rate is for similar condo's in the area.

I will not just put a $ amount on the rental, if I were you, without consulting with companies that deal with rental management first.

Good luck!
                Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                Mark Twain

Comment

My wife works for Equity, but I dont know that they handle what youre looking for. I have a good friend who is a property manager at Kumai, but I dont know if they can help either. I know that the company that handled my business was absolutely horrible. They start with an S and end with an ofos.
                  Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

2500 is what both my agent and listing agent told me, I thought it might be over optimistic. Since I can settle with a lower number, so I bought it. Now I just need to find a rental agent and a property manager. Sorry about your experience hellbent, I hope I am luckier...

Comment

Working...
                    X