Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eligible?

Menehune....

I know your playing in a sense... however, his question, was answered by 1stwahine original response did have the " "
    next to it at the end of her response...which could imply that she was kidding/joking/ or just simply trying to give some "Rolleyes" advice?

And what kine happy pills you been taking lately

And MOST IMPORTANTLY.... WHERE WAS YOU YESTERDAY!

Manoa

Comment

Well, thanks for everyone's opinions......wanted or not......I do agree with Queenolu, I did search for it on google, but there's just so many lowsy do it yourself web sites out there that I didn't know which ones to trust. So I thought I'd ask some Americans about where I should look.

As for the rude, b*tchy, remarks, if you saw a job opening for something you felt you were qualified for, wouldn't you want to apply for it before the closing date? There's something called a time limit. If you don't know all the details about something, keep your damn mouth shut!
      Dreaming of the sun from Canada

Comment

CGuy, don't worry about it. Lynn's a wonderful person; she's just flipping you some grief over the concept of applying for a job in Hawai`i before knowing what it would take for you to emigrate PRIOR to application. Let's just leave it all to you and she doing things different ways.
        If you don't know her (from all her HT postings), yeah - it could come across as rude. Once you get to know her, however, you'll see the humor in her writing style.

NT - you see how someone not familiar with your style might take your response the wrong way? No need shange - just realize that what is transmitted is not always received the same way you meant.

BTW, CGuy --- I'm listening at the moment to Vinyl Cafe's "History of Canada" - a hilarious piece. We get a lot of CBC programming here in Seattle, the TV channel on cable, and a couple programs on radio ("Vinyl Cafe" & "As It Happens.")

Comment

I remember another thread recently where many said (loosely quoted) that "It's not okay to cover racial, nationality, or otherwise nasty comments with a 'Just joking' to somehow try and now make it okay". There was no humor in it.
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
            BTW, CGuy --- I'm listening at the moment to Vinyl Cafe's "History of Canada" - a hilarious piece. We get a lot of CBC programming here in Seattle, the TV channel on cable, and a couple programs on radio ("Vinyl Cafe" & "As It Happens.")
            yeah, CBC is the National public broadcaster. Government owned. But they got a cool thing on right now about Second City and SCTV, it's pretty cool.

I obviously don't know this person who comments so freely without obviously thinking first, but out of the comments she's made, I don't think I want to get to know her. She's probably gonna be alone for a very loooooong time.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianGuy
              yeah, CBC is the National public broadcaster. Government owned. But they got a cool thing on right now about Second City and SCTV, it's pretty cool.

I obviously don't know this person who comments so freely without obviously thinking first, but out of the comments she's made, I don't think I want to get to know her. She's probably gonna be alone for a very loooooong time.
              Dude... don't know if you know the expression "deep kim chee" but your getting in some by me!

1stwahine probably has more friends then the amount of USERS on this dang board!
              I doubt she will ever be lonely!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                Dude... don't know if you know the expression "deep kim chee" but your getting in some by me!

1stwahine probably has more friends then the amount of USERS on this dang board!
                I doubt she will ever be lonely!
                Well, the point is, I asked for some helpful advice, not for some smart a$$ remarks. Her comments are not welcome in this thread and are just a waste of space. Ethics need to be used when responding to someone who you do not personally know.

Comment

Psst, CanadianGuy, I'm not the person who owns this board or any of the admins here nor do I play them on tv, but a wee bit of unsolicited "advice" ~ especially if you think you might want to continue to post here ~ there are some very strong personalities here. I think that's part of what makes this place interesting. We clearly don't always agree, which also usually makes this place interesting. So I'm not telling you that you always have to agree with everyone. But you might want to take a deep breath and consider letting this one go. You've expressed your opinion, which you're entitled to do. They've likewise expressed theirs. Doesn't look like any of you is going to change your opinions on this *g* Otherwise, this thing with Manoa and possibly Auntie could go on indefinitely

I hope you stick around and get to know the people who post here. If you really don't wanna interact with someone, this board has an "ignore" function or you could ignore all on your own.

Comment

Well, the point is, I asked for some helpful advice, not for some smart a$$ remarks. Her comments are not welcome in this thread and are just a waste of space. Ethics need to be used when responding to someone who you do not personally know.
                    Hmmmm...Seven posts and you OWN a thread. Nobody owns any thread on HT. As far as me being Lonely.hahahahaha

You funny.

I still say you should have done your homework before coming onto this Forum and asking for advice. We give advice. However, the way you asked it, my interpretation of it was simply Stupid. It still is.

As for as responding to someone I don't know. Most of the times that's the case. Take a look at my posts and see if I don't have "Ethics!" Whatever's. I hope you find what you're looking for. Just remember, having a computer is your key to a world of information at your fingertips. Don't expect other people to do your homework.

Yeah, I'm Bitxh. A proud one!

Auntie Lynn

Btw: Adri just gave you excellent advice. Please put me on IGNORE!
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; September 3, 2006, 01:11 PM.
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Gee - I wonder if he realizes that 1stwahine is in charge of the STATES HUMAN RESOURCES department

Get any applications from a guy in Vancouver, Canada in the last week 1stWahine... you know what to do with them

J/K CG

Comment

Well, then I'd feel sorry for someone in Vancouver....seeing how that's not where I am! lol :P

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                          Gee - I wonder if he realizes that 1stwahine is in charge of the STATES HUMAN RESOURCES department

Get any applications from a guy in Vancouver, Canada in the last week 1stWahine... you know what to do with them

J/K CG
                          Manoa, that's not true. No need to bash the poor fellow. HT is not like that. Let him get to know the Forum and see for himself what Ohana is all about. We've got too many other topics to discuss than to waste on a thread like this.

Moving along.

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Oh, I know it well...I used to listen to Gzowski when I had the chance; I have worked with a number of Canadian musicians over the years, mostly in the folk, roots & Celtic veins; I am taping the three-parter on SCTV for later viewing, and I never miss Rick Mercer, 22 Minutes and Air Farce.

But back on topic...what is your field of expertise?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                              Oh, I know it well...I used to listen to Gzowski when I had the chance; I have worked with a number of Canadian musicians over the years, mostly in the folk, roots & Celtic veins; I am taping the three-parter on SCTV for later viewing, and I never miss Rick Mercer, 22 Minutes and Air Farce.

But back on topic...what is your field of expertise?
                              haha, the Rick Mercer Report rules!

I'd rather not mention it here. In case someone there reads these posts, I like to keep my private life and my career seperate.

Comment

Re: question regarding CanadianGuy's "field of expertise:"

I'd rather not mention it here. In case someone there reads these posts, I like to keep my private life and my career seperate.
                                So which are you willing to expose online? Your private life or your career?

I was under the impression that you were talking about your career here. Your "field of expertise" would, assumedly, mean your career, not your private life. Assuming, perhaps erroneously, that your ego was under control.
                                Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; September 3, 2006, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X