Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: crime in honolulu

Originally posted by Supercub
    Um... have you ever lived in New York? There are quite a few New Yorkers who would disagree with your Giuiliani love.
    Double UM...LOL. I was born in NYC, moved to LI as a kid. I've been riding subways independently since the age of eight. Most of my relatives still live in NYC or the surrounding areas. Come from a family full of NYPD and FDNY uniforms. I'm second-generation American, via Ellis Island.

NINA, "Got Muscles?" "Can Cook/Clean?" heritage.

Of course there are "quite a few New Yorkers who would disagree with your Giuliani love." That is simply the nature of New York, for heaven's sakes.

Wouldn't expect anything else. Why would that even warrant a mention? It's fully expected (by native New Yorkers, anyway) that others would not agree with an opinion. Just goes with the territory. Eight million damn people---they should all agree?

Soooo....where did you live in NY? For how long? What did you do there?

I noticed you mentioned that you've lived in Japan and NY---where are you from originally?
    Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; September 24, 2006, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Ok. I'll go hide in the corner now. My apologies for being presumptious.

I lived in the UWS and worked at NYC public schools. I didn't live there long. I guess my experiences with Harlem kids makes me a little wary of some of Giuliani's policies.

I certainly also see the positives of his tenure as mayor. He was lionized by the media following 9/11 (and rightfully so), but his legacy is a little more complicated than that. Anyways, you know all about that.

Again, sorry for being presumptious.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercub
        Ok. I'll go hide in the corner now. My apologies for being presumptious.

I lived in the UWS and worked at NYC public schools. I didn't live there long. I guess my experiences with Harlem kids makes me a little wary of some of Giuliani's policies.

I certainly also see the positives of his tenure as mayor. He was lionized by the media following 9/11 (and rightfully so), but his legacy is a little more complicated than that. Anyways, you know all about that.

Again, sorry for being presumptious.
        LOL. Kudos to you for working with those kids---not an easy task. No need to hide nor apologize. New Yorkers are very often not as mean as they look and very used to being smacked around.

Yes, Giuliani's legacy is complicated, but he did amazing things. Things that many thought could not be done, simply because they had NEVER BEEN DONE. He went and did them, simply because he felt they HAD TO BE DONE.

Cojones, pure and simple.

What a concept, huh?

Anybody see a correlation here? (C'mon already---think Primary Voting.)

:::ducking and running:::
        Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; September 24, 2006, 05:49 PM.

Comment

A list of the safest and most dangerous cities overall, as compiled by Morgan Quitno Press, which bases the rankings on
          FBI figures released in June. The list starts with the safest cities and ends with the most dangerous.
          Honolulu Ranked 113 out of 371

Only cities that reported crime rates were included in the list. For example, New Orleans was not included this year because its police department did not report figures.
          http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061030/...me_list_glance

Not to bad if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
          X