Second Stop: Eternal Sunshine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Second Stop: Eternal Sunshine

I say good for you. People who make a move thats perhaps a little half planned tend to get torn apart. Only you can trully know what is right for you. Only you have lived the life you have. Some people need a change. Doing so isnt always the most practical or wisest thing to do financially, but there are other things to consider in life. As I have said many times on this forum, you only live once. Do what you feel is right because you are only going to get one shot. This doesnt mean be so irresponsible that you get yourself into trouble, but if you feel you have your ducks in a row enough that you arent going to get stranded then go for it. You are the only one that knows whats best for you. Follow your heart, and chances are you wont be let down.

Comment

Originally posted by rhscare
      I say good for you. People who make a move thats perhaps a little half planned tend to get torn apart. Only you can trully know what is right for you. Only you have lived the life you have. Some people need a change. Doing so isnt always the most practical or wisest thing to do financially, but there are other things to consider in life. As I have said many times on this forum, you only live once. Do what you feel is right because you are only going to get one shot. This doesnt mean be so irresponsible that you get yourself into trouble, but if you feel you have your ducks in a row enough that you arent going to get stranded then go for it. You are the only one that knows whats best for you. Follow your heart, and chances are you wont be let down.
      thank you
      "Life is like the surf. So give yourself away to the sea."

Comment

Originally posted by wanderlust06
        i'm the farthest thing from a trust fund baby...just a girl looking for a new path after the one she has been on for sometime is beaten and worn out. as far as living...i have a small amount of job security through the cheesecake factory... although i would love it if they would open one in maui. but if honolulu is where i'm supposed to be then great in any case i'm not looking for a new life, simply a new branch to sit on for a while.
        You're still young with relatively few responsibilities right now. You can afford to take some risks (and having a job before arriving in Hawai'i will help a lot). What you may find after all your adventures, though, is what you left behind is what you really wanted all along. But you will never know that until you leave what you're accustomed to and try new things. And if nothing else, you'll have some very interesting stories to tell your kids someday!

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
          You're still young with relatively few responsibilities right now. You can afford to take some risks (and having a job before arriving in Hawai'i will help a lot). What you may find after all your adventures, though, is what you left behind is what you really wanted all along. But you will never know that until you leave what you're accustomed to and try new things. And if nothing else, you'll have some very interesting stories to tell your kids someday!

Miulang
          after feeling a bit discouraged after telling people i'm just moving because ...well because i want to. i really do appreciate the last two posts. some people forget that taking risks is sometimes half the fun in life's adventure...even if it seems crazy. thanks again

Comment

You did ask for advice on "moving, living, etc." When you put that kind of request out, steel yourself for both positive AND negative response. But you must still follow your own gut feelings - and now they are more educated guts!

Ongoing reports of your progress will be welcomed by many.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
              You did ask for advice on "moving, living, etc." When you put that kind of request out, steel yourself for both positive AND negative response. But you must still follow your own gut feelings - and now they are more educated guts!

Ongoing reports of your progress will be welcomed by many.
              agreed and both sides made me think some more.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderlust06
                Leaving this january for a study abroad in barcelona and then moving to hawaii for some much needed time away from the grind of every day life. any advice on moving, living, etc? and does anyone know about being an esl teacher over there? <3
                ESL teachers are in High demand... however, the pay is not the greatest.

Comment

Working...
                X