Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone just joined we are coming to hawaii on the 5th-19th oct from the uk 1st timers any advice guidance would be appreciated

we are staying st the JW Marriott

Hiring a car

Is anyone else going then we are a couple in our 40s my husband is a golfer

regards ukellie

Re: newbie

Hope you enjoy your stay here.
    we are staying st the JW Marriott.. Hiring a car
    May I suggest that if your hiring a car... maybe the car can tell you what to do...and maybe you can some Rent some questions from us HT members
    A lot of us are here now... my son golfs... well attempts to .... he's 2.
    any advice guidance would be appreciated
    Don't bring liquids on the plane ride over here.

Any particular question?

Once again... Have fun while your here... an HT member named hawaiidreaming recently came here from that part of the woods... maybe she can assist.

Comment

Originally posted by ukellie
      Hi everyone just joined we are coming to hawaii on the 5th-19th oct from the uk 1st timers any advice guidance would be appreciated

Hiring a car

regards ukellie
      Welcome to HT Ukellie. The JW Marriott, one of many Marriott resorts in Hawaii, is on the west end of Oahu...off the beat and track (or, off the beaten track!!!)...at beautiful Ko`olina. As a point of reference, Ko`olina is a little less than an hour's drive to Waikiki...with no traffic!

It's a bit difficult to offer you advice or guidance without knowing, beyond your husband's golf, what you are interested in. Just remember, tho', that in Hawaii, we drive on the wrong side of the road!

Comment

Originally posted by ukellie

Hiring a car

regards ukellie

My wife has been staying in a condo in Ko Olina for the last couple of months (we're in the process of moving there) and it's beautiful. There is a golf course at the resort. I haven't had the chance to play it, but it looks very nice.

A word of warning, though. The nearest town is Kapolei, and they've had a recent rash of car break-ins in the strip mall along Kamokila Blvd/Farrington Hwy. My wife found out first hand, unfortuntely. They are apparently targeting rental cars that park there. It's the nearest place with restaurants outside of the resort, and the closest grocery store is there so you'll probably go there a couple of times. Just park in open, trafficked areas and don't leave valuables in the car (not even in the trunk) and you should be fine. It's not particulary dangerous, just be aware.

And since you have a car I highly recommend Kailua Beach on the east side of the island. Take H1 over to H3. The view coming out of the tunnel is awesome. The beach is nice and not very crowded. You should be able to find it on a map.

Have a good trip.

Comment

Go on up to the North Shore. Eat shrimp and shave ice.

Kailua beach is lovely. Highly recommended.

Interior areas have some nice nature hikes.

Ala Moana and Ward Center (in Honolulu) are nice for shopping.

Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
            May I suggest that if your hiring a car... maybe the car can tell you what to do...and maybe you can some Rent some questions from us HT members
            Welcome to HT Ukellie

Manoa.... you are a mess....

That is the way they say renting a car in the UK.... I am also sure she is seeking people in their age range... not your son's age...

Talking about hawaiidreaming...... did anyone find out whatever happened to her? Last I saw was that she was MIA from a meeting with Auntie...
            Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
            Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X