X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makakilo Area

Hello!

My quest continues in finding a home.

I have found one in Makakilo that will be available a little bit after I arrive. I have various questions :

1. How far is it from Kunia?

2. What is the elementary school ?

3. Is Elele Street a safe area to live in ( it sure looks great )?

4. How and what is the middle school for this area?

5. Will we be stuck in traffic when traveling from this area?

Details please...I need as much info (good and bad) as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Makakilo Area

Originally posted by OahuGirl View Post
    [...]1. How far is it from Kunia?
    Fairly close! Don't know exact mileage.
    2. What is the elementary school ?
    Probably Makakilo Elementary. Google may or may not turn up others.
    5. Will we be stuck in traffic when traveling from this area?
    It depends on where you're headed and at what time. You will almost definitely hit traffic on the H1 in the morning from Makakilo to Kunia; ditto for late afternoon.

Comment

Here's a map. Set the gauge at the half way mark and you should be able to see both Kunia Rd. and Kapolei. Makakilo is the hillside above Kapolei.

Comment

It's about 12.4 miles to Kunia.

Makakilo is in the Kapolei Complex. I think that means that children in the Elele Street neighborhood will be attending Mauka Lani Elementary, Kapolei Middle, and Kapolei High.

You can also look up crime statistics here.
        Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; January 18, 2007, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Right. Basically, with the H-1 as the divider, Makakilo is the little residential cluster above the rapidly growing Kapolei area (browsing the local news sites, you'll find lots of articles on traffic and other infrastructure issues). You will definitely be affected by the general congestion, even if you're not traveling in the same direction or at the same time as most Ewa commuters.

It is nice, and cooler up on the ridge than down on the plains, but things out west are changing rapidly, and right now I'm not sure how long it will take for developers and planners to get things straightened out.

If you'll be living and working out there, of course, it's hard to beat the convenience. It's our "second city," don't you know. But using Honolulu as the base of work, a friend and I frequently teased each other about our respective home bases (Mililani vs. Kapolei) in relation to our downtown jobs. It wasn't so long ago that both our neighborhoods were considered the boonies! But hearing her tales of traffic woe on Ft. Weaver Road, and a rash of power outages last year, she's moving to Mililani Mauka in a few weeks. Of course, having a kid is also part of that decision!

Comment

Working...
          X