Utilities question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utilities question

I am just wondering how much total do you pay for a 1800 sq ft home?

I now have a 4 bdrm home

How much is:

Electric?
    Cable?
    Internet?
    Phone?
    Water?

Is there a combo pack like I have in Tx for phone,cable and internet?

I am looking at places and will arrive soon so I just want to have some idea/estimate.

Thanks!

Re: Utilities question

Our home is a mere 1000 sf. but this should give you some numbers to think about.

Electric: $140 avg monthly bill, we have central a/c. Summertime can creep up to $200

Cable: Oceanic Cable Digital Service with HBO & Showtime package $100 a month

Internet: Hawaiiantelcom DLS $39.95 + fees

Phone: $60 a month with a bunch of extras

Water: Last year $40 a month, this year $75 a month, next year who knows?

One more to consider, Unleaded Regular gas: Costco-$2.619 a gallon Chevron-$2.799 a gallon

And my favorite, 1 gallon of Vitamin D Milk (not on sale) about $6.00

Comment

Thanks for your response.

Wow, electric is less costly than here. Our lowest has been $190 a month and the highest $325.

What a difference.

I think we are going to be alright!

Comment

Originally posted by OahuGirl View Post
        Thanks for your response.

Wow, electric is less costly than here. Our lowest has been $190 a month and the highest $325.

What a difference.

I think we are going to be alright!
        Just remember...you are comparing bills for a 1000sf house vs. a 1800sf. house.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Jeff View Post
          Just remember...you are comparing bills for a 1000sf house vs. a 1800sf. house.
          My house is < 1300 sf; 3 BR / 2 bath. Living in California, especially in the Bay Area, on a fixed income is not easy.

How much is:

Electric? < $30 edging up towards $80 during the winter (electric central heating; no A/C - temperatures here hit over 100° for a few days, but usually cools off at night - not muggy though)
          Cable? $13 Basic-basic Comcast
          Internet? $8.88
          Phone? < $20 with separate long distance service usually < $10
          Water? < $35 every two months

Another "utility" is trash pick-up: $40.30 every two months

Is there a combo pack like I have in Tx for phone,cable and internet? I've noticed an advertised special for Comcast running < $40, but don't know for how long and what the "real" cost is.

FYI I drink lactose-free milk @ $4/gallon; and recently, I've seen gas as low as $2.39/gallon.
          Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

did you already check out rental prices? its about par with san fran.
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

well i'm moving out there soon too and from what i've seen prices depend on where your moving to and i've also noticed to that if your renting a house then most places actually include some utilities mainly water, and trash. but otherwise be prepared to spend some big bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by lita View Post
                well i'm moving out there soon too and from what i've seen prices depend on where your moving to and i've also noticed to that if your renting a house then most places actually include some utilities mainly water, and trash. but otherwise be prepared to spend some big bucks.
                And you have to be careful when renting a house because some of them don't come with refrigerators or stoves.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Jeff View Post
                  Our home is a mere 1000 sf. but this should give you some numbers to think about.

Electric: $140 avg monthly bill, we have central a/c. Summertime can creep up to $200
                  GEEZ I have the same size house and in the winter it is 200.00 and in the summer 140.00. Including water though.
                  Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                  Sharing withother survivors...
                  www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Working...
                  X