Getting The Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting The Job?

i posted a thread about a week ago and i thank everyone that replied to it. i have only one more question. Is it hard to get a job before i move?? i will becoming a EMT soon then a paramedic. Being that i am not from hawaii, honestly, am i getting my hopes up on getting the job?? its easier to hire someone thats from the area vs someone from texas for example. i really want to move there and i am doing everything possible to make that happen. im researching, saving every penny that i can. but the one major thing is getting the job in the first place. in some cases its who you not what you know, and thats the one thing i am worried about. if there is anything that you can think of that will help me please, any information will be greatly appreciated, Thanks once again

Re: Getting The Job?

Originally posted by austin.in.texas View Post
    i posted a thread about a week ago and i thank everyone that replied to it. i have only one more question. Is it hard to get a job before i move?? i will becoming a EMT soon then a paramedic. Being that i am not from hawaii, honestly, am i getting my hopes up on getting the job?? its easier to hire someone thats from the area vs someone from texas for example. i really want to move there and i am doing everything possible to make that happen. im researching, saving every penny that i can. but the one major thing is getting the job in the first place. in some cases its who you not what you know, and thats the one thing i am worried about. if there is anything that you can think of that will help me please, any information will be greatly appreciated, Thanks once again
    As another HT poster responded to you in the other thread (and she knows EMTs in Honolulu), EMT positions apparently go to local residents first who have been trained and received certificates from Kapiolani Community College in Honolulu. EMT positions are hired through the State of Hawai'i.

You could try writing to the program director at KCC and get the scoop from that person on the likelihood of your finding an EMT position in Honolulu as an outsider. Here are some FAQs about KCC's EMS program. If you're serious about moving to Hawai'i and becoming an EMT there, you might have to bite the bullet and move there now and work in a restaurant or something to establish residency (be there at least a year) and then try to get into KCC and their program. If it's as competitive as it sounds, that might be the only way you'd ever be able to get a job in Hawai'i as an EMT.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

You also must obtain a Hawaii license before applying for an EMT position here.

Please read the requirements:

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/hon...FwddxPacket%3E

Comment

And there's a total shortage of EMTs in Hawaii. Put in the paperwork and the necessary finger drummin' and you should get on board alright. But, you're going to be so new, so green, so not Hawaii, that I suggest you keep your ears and heart open and mouth shut, listen and learn, and do the good your gig will require. Prove yourself dependable and reliable, soak up Hawaii's ways, and throw a real live Texas barbecue for your year anniversary. It will be like celebrating a baby luau, for yourself.
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
        X