Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to OAHU!!!!!

Ok!

I just bought my tickets thru ATA leaving from OAKLAND CALI to HONOLULU on Sept 2- the 7th... I CANNOT WAIT!!!

We'll be staying in Kailua - I've never stayed in this part of Oahu so I think this will be interesting.. My best friend , her sister and their Husbands are comming too.. This will be there 1st time to see HAWAII.. I keep on telling them.. get ready to fall in LOVE... lol

anyways.. Anyone have any suggestions on what we could do during that time frame? any good Clubs for the more maturer crowd (30 years old +)?

We will definately take them on a tour around the island ... and probably do the ATV thing.. can any one recommend some good deals? We also want to go to a Luau, and possibly a dinner sunset cruise.. so If anyone has discounts, or knows of good deals.. please please share!...

ummmm I CAN'T WAIT!!! I WANT TO BE THERE ALREADY!!!

Re: Going to OAHU!!!!!

i particularly enjoyed Paradise Cove for a luau although If I'm thinking correctly, it's a bit of a ride from Kailua. Tour Talk Hawaii is a good self guided audio CD for the price. Last visit, my wife and i went kyaking from Kailua beach out to flat island and then down to lanikai beach. Had a great time.
    -kp!

Comment

When y'all get to the baggage claim area, there are brochure "kiosks" all through the area. Stop by and pick up a bunch. They all have good info on things to do.

30+ is mature??? Geez, what I'd give to be 30+ again.

Comment

Originally posted by XtCwVz707 View Post
        Ok!

I just bought my tickets thru ATA leaving from OAKLAND CALI to HONOLULU on Sept 2- the 7th... I CANNOT WAIT!!!

We'll be staying in Kailua - I've never stayed in this part of Oahu so I think this will be interesting.. My best friend , her sister and their Husbands are comming too.. This will be there 1st time to see HAWAII.. I keep on telling them.. get ready to fall in LOVE... lol

anyways.. Anyone have any suggestions on what we could do during that time frame? any good Clubs for the more maturer crowd (30 years old +)?

We will definately take them on a tour around the island ... and probably do the ATV thing.. can any one recommend some good deals? We also want to go to a Luau, and possibly a dinner sunset cruise.. so If anyone has discounts, or knows of good deals.. please please share!...

ummmm I CAN'T WAIT!!! I WANT TO BE THERE ALREADY!!!
        eat at that famous Food truck garlic shrimp place somewhere around
        kaneohe I think ...

never really have time to go clubbing in hawaii even on a two week vacation but sure they have one .

Go to China town where it's actually more like filipino town ...
        California Information - places to visit and Things To Do in California

Comment

What about the Polynesian Cultural Center? Good, or is that considered too cliched nowadays? I enjoyed it, but I was a kid my first time that I saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by kthor View Post
            Go to China town where it's actually more like filipino town ...
            Honolulu's Chinatown is not a "Filipino Town!"

It is a combination of various cultural and ethnic communities which makes it Special. It's history alone is enchanting. The Chinatown Fires captivates one's imagination of what really happened and how the people suffered.

Today's Chinatown is also one which is going through many changes. New and exciting developments such as Arts and Crafts every First Friday. Still you can find the exotic foods, vegetables, produce and yes...various ethnicities going about Chinatown!

Alas, there is also the Silent Community. They also exist.

They will always EXIST.....but das another STORY.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
              What about the Polynesian Cultural Center? Good, or is that considered too cliched nowadays? I enjoyed it, but I was a kid my first time that I saw it.
              For someone visiting the Hawaii, it's a good time. The guy who does the show for Samoa is worth the price of admission alone (almost...PCC is pretty expensive, but you get alot for your money)

I went and loved it, and would go again to see stuff that i missed the first time.
              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                That is my favorite attraction of the whole island, including the drive to/from PCC. It is such a wonderful way to spend the day (and watch my daughters hunt for their future spouses, because nothing twinges a young pair of ovaries like watching a feral buggah climb a tree or beat a drum all hapa-nekkid).

pax

Comment

Hey thanks guys for all your input-

this is what we decided on ..

1. parasailing
                  2. AtV
                  3. Sunset Cruise on the Ali'i something.. forgot the name..
                  4. Pearl Harbor

Question...
                  We'll be arriving September 2, thru the 7th ... any thing going on during those dates?? do they still do the movies on the beach in waikiki?

Comment

Giovanni's shrimp truck is a north shore tradition and is easily one of the most popular shrimp trucks. Located in Kahuku, it makes for a convenient yummy stop for lunch or dinner while touring the North Shore and the windward coasts of Oahu.
                    This is the one I drove to one day while cruising Oahu....good eats, I also had coconut pancakes at this little hole in the wall place off the beach North. Sweetest gal ran it.
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                      This is the one I drove to one day while cruising Oahu....good eats, I also had coconut pancakes at this little hole in the wall place off the beach North. Sweetest gal ran it.
                      ummm coconut pancakes...sounds sweet... & yummy.

I stopped in Kahuku and had some of that yummy shirmp.. we also stopped at this little store there I think some fijians ran it.. they made THE BEST CORN ON THE COB... diffrent flavors and spices.. ohhh that was soo good..

we will definately stop there to get some grub..
                      I want to take them to ONO'S and of course Leonards, and oohh Rainbow drive inn... matsumoto's, aloha stadium for the swap meet... the dollar movie theaters, Call me weird.. but I WISH THE 7-11'S in California carried the same items as they do in Hawaii..... siu mai's, and pork buns, Curry style with chicken.. damn those were good!!.. ok i'm getting hungry...

My count down: exactly 2 months 29 days and 6 hours ~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X