Visiting in October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting in October

I have been wanting to visit Hawaii for as long as i could remember. its 2am here in texas and ive decided to go ahead and do it. i just booked a ticket to hawaii from October 17th -26th. i am really looking forward to visiting. Its just going to be me so if anybody has any suggestions on anything let me know. Thanks everybody

Re: Visiting in October

It's impossible for any of us to give you "suggestions" without at least some idea of where you'll be going and what your hobbies and interests are.
    That would be a start on getting any kind of feedback, k?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Bring a raincoat and have a lovely time. Lucky you!
      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
        Bring a raincoat
        You live in France, and apparently word hasn't gotten to you yet that we're having a drought year in Hawai`i. Rainfall for the year to date is less than 20% of normal.
        Forget about bringing a raincoat. Bring sunscreen!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          You live in France, and apparently word hasn't gotten to you yet that we're having a drought year in Hawai`i. Rainfall for the year to date is less than 20% of normal.
          Forget about bringing a raincoat. Bring sunscreen!
          No kidding? Wow, what HASN'T changed since I left?!
          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by austin.in.texas View Post
            ...its 2am here in texas and ive decided to go ahead and do it...Its just going to be me so if anybody has any suggestions on anything let me know. Thanks everybody
            It sounds like you might have been too tired and too excited to give us details What island(s)? And as others pointed out, if you can tell us a bit about your interests we can give you better tips...

Aloha,

Cindy
            Hawaii Eco Travel Budget Guides
            www.CoconutRoads.com
            "Taking you to the Heart of Hawaii"

Comment

Ya sorry about that. its not that i was tired but rather had a couple of drinks. I wanted to go to the islands for so long now but kept making excuses on why i couldnt go, i finally just said do it and well now i am. Being that i am on a budget i can only stay in one island. i am flying to oahu on october 17th around 3pm. I have made reservations for several nights at a hostel in waikiki. (hey its only $28 a night). after that i am not sure really. I am going by myself so i get to see everything that i want too. I love the ocean and want to spend as much time there as possible. i dont know if anyone has ever visited the gulf here in texas but your not missing anything. i would love to see the whole island. i will be staying there for 9 days and i feel like that is not enough time at all. i want to see every waterfall, cove, beach! Hopefully that helps some. I just want to see and feel hawaii, so thats why i am coming. hope to see yall there!

Comment

please dont limit yourself to Waikiki. you can stay at a hostel on the north shore as well, plantation village (or plantation island) can't remember the complete name. They pick you up from Waikiki or airport free. Right across from a beach and a block and a half away from an incredibly beautiful beach.

if you can snag a cheap airfare to hilo, stay at arnotts lodge. again, right on the water (half a block or so) , varying accoms and avery beautiful environment. worlds away from a waikiki.
                n'importe

Comment

Ya i just booked 4 nights at the hostel in northshore from sunday to friday when i leave. What is there to do at night thats fun but does not envolve alot of money? I love going out and meeting people, thats why i like to travel alone so i have to meet people. but where is a place i can go to at night without spending alot of money? I wouldnt mind just hanging out at a local place drinking beer either. if anybody has any suggestions please let me know. I have read alot about hawaii and where to go, where not to go. I read that if your not carefull in northshore at night, you can find yourself in a tight spot. I dont want to say i am not worried about because i feel like i am very respectful to people and where they live, but i also know that doesnt matter to some. Thanks again for any suggestions!

Comment

Working...
                  X