Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How serious is the nuclear threat from N. Korea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How serious is the nuclear threat from N. Korea?

I can see it now: overhead the roar of a C130's engines. Below, a huddled mass of starving North Korean citizens. All of a sudden, the C130's rear cargo door opens and out flutter hundreds of parachutes which have 100 lb bags of rice attached to them with this note: "When you eat this rice, remember that your good friends the Americans and your dear uncles and aunties in the South wish you good health."

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
      the C130's rear cargo door opens and out flutter hundreds of parachutes which have 100 lb bags of rice attached to them
      Oh, I am SO glad you remembered the parachutes. I could imagine our government screwing up enough to leave that little detail out - a certain "WKRP In Cincinnati" Thanksgiving promotion gone horribly wrong springs to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        Oh, I am SO glad you remembered the parachutes. I could imagine our government screwing up enough to leave that little detail out - a certain "WKRP In Cincinnati" Thanksgiving promotion gone horribly wrong springs to mind.
        Yeah, those 100lb bags would kill without parachutes. Should start off easy, with the 5lb bags.

Comment

I can see it now: overhead the roar of a C130's engines. Below, a huddled mass of starving North Korean citizens. All of a sudden, the C130's rear cargo door opens and out flutter hundreds of parachutes which have 100 lb bags of rice attached to them with this note: "When you eat this rice, remember that your good friends the Americans and your dear uncles and aunties in the South wish you good health."

Miulang
          DPRK troops would probably intercept the rice and posion it. I'm sure they'd leave the note though.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
            DPRK troops would probably intercept the rice and posion it. I'm sure they'd leave the note though.
            Guess we'll just have to scatter the rice like rain as the planes make their run.

Comment

Wonder what the velocity of a grain of rice is when it strikes a 5'2" human being waiting to catch it?

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Wonder what the velocity of a grain of rice is when it strikes a 5'2" human being waiting to catch it?
                When in doubt, Ask A Scientist.

Comment

When in doubt, Ask A Scientist.
                  Depending on how the grain of rice fell (sideways or one end pointed downward), the answer is "OUCH!"

Miulang

Comment

Depending on how the grain of rice fell (sideways or one end pointed downward), the answer is "OUCH!"

Miulang
                    I would guess it just be on par with a heavy rain storm or a light hail storm. Don't forget, it also depends on how far up the rice is dropped. But even running with this zany humanitarian idea, I don't think any planes could even make such a run, then it be a violation of airspace and the neurotic NK will declare war, etc, etc. Maybe random balloons launched from international waters, haha.

Comment

Operation The Riceman Cometh?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                        In related news, the president of the United States gives what's left of Hawaii back to the natives saying it was all a mistake in the first place.
                        Most likely an elected Democrat.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Operation The Riceman Cometh?
                          Whoa. Is Jericho getting a spin-off?

I can see it now ... Kalihi.
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Yesterday, the South Korean government gave N. Korea another month to abide by a Feb. 13 agreement to shut down its nuclear facilities. South Korea will make a shipment of rice to North Korea in May. The total amount, if N. Korea follows through with its agreement, is 400,000 tons (worth about $152 million) of rice.

Miulang

Comment

This is from 8 years ago. Is there any progress?

Comment

They seem to have gotten a bit better at making the bombs. And a bit better at making rockets. Some report said No. Korea is sitting on a huge treasure of valuable mineral wealth. If thats so it would seem to offer them a good opportunity to become prosperous. Seems like a better path than the one they are on now.

Comment

Working...
                                X