This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Hillary Rodham Clinton Watch

Do you all think Bill Clinton could actually be hurting Hillary's campaign with his attacks against Barack Obama?
    * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
    - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani View Post
      Do you all think Bill Clinton could actually be hurting Hillary's campaign with his attacks against Barack Obama?
      Yes, I do - but that's largely due to my disappointment in his failures as a President.

Comment

Ann Coulter's endorsement of HRC

Rupert Murdoch donates to HRC's campaign

"My mom will reform the state tax codes to pay for changes to higher education," Chelsea said before delving into a more-specific response. (emphasis mine)

Originally posted by U'ilani View Post
        He can't help himself
        Last edited by Vanguard; February 16, 2008, 10:30 AM.

Comment

100 donors each donating $100,000 (I can't find the ABC news coverage of this)

Comment

I dont trust HRC she seems like the devil to me. The Clinton Body Count is just really spooky stuff even though it doesnt directly show Clinton involvement.

http://www.etherzone.com/body.html

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RA...CS/BODIES.html

http://www.zpub.com/un/un-bc-body.html

and who can trust Horny Bill?

Comment

A Canadian perspective.
              I find myself in agreement with the main point of this story.

Comment

Some good points were made in that Canadian article. If you go back to 2000, Al Gore's underutilization of Bill Clinton comes to mind. Now it makes a bit more sense to everyone.

For a time it looked like Bill might be for Hillary what Dick Cheney was for candidate George W. Bush — a white-haired, reassuring presence, one that, in the case of the Clintons, said, "she might be the first woman president but she'll have a steady hand in the storm."

Maybe I'm taking the last quote out of context, but I don't like what it implies. Did Margaret Thatcher, Golda Meir, Helen Clarke, or Benazir Bhutto need a steady hand in the storm? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they all seemed like very strong woman leaders who always proved their own strengths, and didn't have to fall back on a hubby like Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, but they all seemed like very strong woman leaders who always proved their own strengths, and didn't have to fall back on a hubby like Bill.
                  I wonder if it was meant as a reference to those who feel a woman can't fulfill that presidential role, who need to see a strong male presence in that position. There have been HT posters of that opinion.

Here's the N.Y. Times Magazine's take on the same story. Note how they touch on German Chancellor Merkel's husband's non-role in her government, as well as some of the other female leaders you mentioned.

Comment

I wonder if deep down in the BC psyche he really wants HRC to lose. His ego is famously huge (you don't run for president w/out having one of those these days) and I just don't think he relishes the role of second fiddle. While he has always been undisciplined in his personal appetites, he was always right on point when it came to politics and staying on message. Why go off now? It's not like he is going to lose any prestige when/if HRC goes down, he's still an ex-president with plenty of $$$ to pursue whatever causes/businesses/frivolities he desires.

Comment

You may change your mind after watching these about Hillary.
                      I don't trust her. She's a sneaky liar.

It's correct to find out all you can about the candidates and not block out the truth that goes against the one(s) you prefer.

Paul VS Clinton
                      Part 1
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq8aopATYyw
                      Part 2
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMfUa...eature=related

Do you Clinton supporters still "believe" in her?
                      Last edited by Menehune Man; February 26, 2008, 10:16 AM.
                      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X