This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 2

considering how the Democratic Party has been a castrated bunch of weenies for the last decade, I find her tenacity and grit refreshing.

Clang on wit yo' fine ovaries, HillRod!

I love a good beef for the title ((munches on popcorn))

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
      I find her tenacity and grit refreshing.
      Funny - what you would define as "tenacity and grit," I see as proof that a new Clinton presidency would be "business as usual" for the type of the-American-public-be-damned politics that we've seen since the Reagan years.

Having said that, I will note again that I am enjoying seeing this battle run all the way to the convention. It's a treat to see a lot of late-in-the-game states actually garnering some attention for once.

At the end of the Democratic race, the best thing the losing candidate can do is immediately throw their full, unconditional support behind the winner, in order to unite the Dems in their battle against Sen. McCain. But the longer and harder that they go negative with each other now, the less believable they will be at that point. I doubt that either Sen. Clinton or Sen. Obama will be the VP choice of the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
        As far as the possibility of an Obama/Clinton ticket, I've said it before and I say it again. With a lead in pledged delegates, hell will freeze over first before Obama accepts a V-P slot under Clinton. So if the two ever get together, it will be Obama/Clinton, not the other way around.
        Clinton a "heartbeat away from the presidency"? Ooooh, that would make some people lie awake at night.

The real question is what is the ratio of anti-Hillery in the voting population? Having her on the ticket in any position could send them over to the GOP.

Comment

Ugh...you are of course right that hillary on the ticket, in the top position were that to happen sure could give McMuffin the presidency. I know...we could do far worse but I'm a lifetime GOP'er and can't vote for him, FOR him...sure, I could, yet again give him the vote in voting "against the other side."

Tenacity? LOL she's got dishonor, that pesky lieing factor and is not worthy to take to a dogfight, sort of thing. One can't be impressed that she thinks she's the type of female needed to "get the job done." Margaret Thatcher "got the job done" with as much grace and HONOR and deserving of respect as a high office could possibly command.

You dems. NEED Obama because once getting control again, you need to have honor and something mainstream America can identify with and RESPECT. Obama can do this for you while the hill can guarantee you lose that control and are in the backseat for decades.

Obama is much better for the liberal party. He brings to the table much more than policies and has an honorable type of tenacity. He carries himself as if he doesn't feel he needs to prove anything.

She does not have "the right stuff." Obama does, and we may be saying "President Obama" for several years to come.
          Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

I vote cerebrally, not viscerally. I applaud how PA went down. In the face of "drop out HRC for the sake of the party"isms, I am part of the masses who finds this battle refreshing. Kerry was a weenie and got swift-boated (ask my VN vet father and K vet father in law how deeply that pissed them off). Gore was a weenie and tried to downplay his VPship under Clinton but had no real personality to overcome it, and got the chad-ed end of the deal.

As someone who grew up appreciating her parents' and grandparents' blue-collar democratic ethic, I am tired of weenies running and losing. I am tired of seeing how Dems have lost their souls, balls, convictions. How "liberal" has somehow turned into a bad word. WTF?

So bring on the beef, all the way to the DNC. Geevum Hill and Barack! Earn your nomination. Scrap it out. Show us you want it. Push through the final mile. That, my friends, has NOT defined the "politics as usual" geri-mush of the last decade.

I really appreciate BO's ability to create the narrative. I appreciate HRC's hardcore resolve. Likewise, I appreciate that about McCain (though I think he lost his inner Elvis these last many years, trying to suck up and kiss The Decider's ring, but that is another post).

This race has been the antidote for civic apathy. I thank these candidates for shooting us up with it.

pax

Comment

Likewise, I appreciate that about McCain (though I think he lost his inner Elvis these last many years, trying to suck up and kiss The Decider's ring, but that is another post."

Please! post more about this and no, this isn't a trick or test. I need to hear from someone in the opposing party about what they see that they like in McCain. I, as a lifelong GOP'er and from an extended family of the same, some of them in politics at state and local levels....I just don't see what you appear to, about McMuffin.

I can't think of anything I "like" about him, in all sincerity except that he stands on the platform that is more honorable. That's my carte blanche reason for BEING in the GOP. He could even be on this platform as a trojan horse for all I know. Not like I've ever met him, worked with him and can discern the truth of him.

What is it you are saying you like about him...resolve? anyone that gets anywhere has that, and it's needed to be in politics, so I would think they all have it. I also think that may not be what you are saying in your comment I put here in my post.

I suppose I can imagine some of the Dem. party liking a couple of things about him simply because he and the hill are reportedly, friends. The news put out a nauseating pic of he and her holding hands and looking at each other longingly, LOL. It made him look wimpy and bad, hence he really has earned the nick "McMuffin."

Comment

After two terms of junior Bush , McCain should have been the GOP standard-bearer in 2000. Hindsight is always 20-20.

Comment

Channel-surfing during the news this evening is likely going to give me differing numbers on the supposed delegate count. Last count I saw this morning was 1714 for Obama, and 159..something, Hillary. The convention is giong to be exciting. The superdelegates are likely going to make what many other delegates to the thing want, null and void.

Does the count matter "that much" at this time and place?

Comment

considering how the Democratic Party has been a castrated bunch of weenies for the last decade, I find her tenacity and grit refreshing.

Clang on wit yo' fine ovaries, HillRod!

I love a good beef for the title ((munches on popcorn))
                    Ovaries!? Gee I thought they were testicles the way she wears them pants in the Clinton abode.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

• Barack Obama-future president?

I have just find out that Barack Obama grew up in Honolulu and graduated from the Punahou School...

How do you,locals who grew up here, feel about him as possible president of USA? Are you proud, don't care, etc...any thoughts at all?

Do you think something might change in Hawaii if he would be elected?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                        Ovaries!? Gee I thought they were testicles the way she wears them pants in the Clinton abode.
                        funny you say that, considering how both BO and JMC are often teased for lacking a pair…

…on that note, I really like this article:

"And so far, the liberal response, the liberal attempt to reach out to the guys in the big trucks is embarrassing "populist" essays using bad imitations of American slang. Let's be blunt here: "populism" is condescension. If you want male voters' respect, stop patronizing them. (It just creeps them out.) Far better to insult them -- to their face, in their face, telling them bluntly that the talk radio nonsense they parrot is pure crap. They know that themselves. Half of what they say is designed simply to reassure themselves and their friends that they're not the same sort of wimps their social studies teachers tried to make them into. So they're not afraid of being called cruel or insensitive; they're afraid of being suckers."

pax

Comment

funny you say that, considering how both BO and JMC are often teased for lacking a pair…

Oh well I guess the lines of gender are so blurred nowdays it doesn't matter anymore who wears the pants. So Barack Obama doesn't have any balls eh? I wonder who made that discovery?

Comment

• Re: Barack Obama-future president?

Originally posted by Kleo View Post
                            I have just find out that Barack Obama grew up in Honolulu and graduated from the Punahou School...

How do you,locals who grew up here, feel about him as possible president of USA? Are you proud, don't care, etc...any thoughts at all?

Do you think something might change in Hawaii if he would be elected?
                            Funny, I don't think of him as a former Hawaii resident. I guess because he went to Punahou... nah, kidding guys!

Comment

Well it's not as his name was Shawn Ching, Andy Bumatai or someone locals can relate to. Up until Barack Obama became known as a senator, I never knew the guy.

Comment

IF we're saying "President Obama" starting next year, well.......I know Perry and Price asked him if he'll have a retreat here to get away at times, something like the "Kennedy compound." Darnit, I swear I can't remember his reply.

You'd think he would...what a wonderful place to get out of the beltway and run to.

Comment

Working...
                                X