Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No Bush Kick Back For You!

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
    I will assume that he meant REPORTABLE income ............
    hey he said it, in this case I wouldn't have used my real name as my screen name

The bottom line is having disclosed less than $3,000 as reportable gross income is a bit suspect if I were an auditor for the IRS especially if you list your occupation as "Contractor", that is unless you're a young adult living with your parents but not as a dependent.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I list my occupation as retired, and for that year I'd have liked to have had the whole 3 Gs, but as stated, I was 'under', with pretty much everything declared. I'm a low maintainance, low overhead kinda guy, with a top floor ocean veiw over, and another pad on, the nicest beach on Oahu.
      To live in Hawaii, happily, without the expenses and bummers most endure endlessly, you have to be creative, and lucky.
      Esspecially if you strive to do so legitimately.
      I've always been all of the above.
      Last edited by Ron Whitfield; April 17, 2008, 01:53 PM.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        I list my occupation as retired, and for that year I'd have liked to have had the whole 3 Gs, but as stated, I was 'under', with pretty much everything declared. I'm a low maintainance, low overhead kinda guy, with a top floor ocean veiw over, and another pad on, the nicest beach on Oahu.
        To live in Hawaii, happily, without the expenses and bummers most endure endlessly, you have to be creative, and lucky.
        Esspecially if you strive to do so legitimately.
        I've always been all of the above.
        My apologies, I forgot about retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
          Not just to deposit it in the bank and sit on it.
          You say that like it's a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            My apologies, I forgot about retirement.
            Having had my children past 40 I think I better just forget about retirement too!
            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
              Having had my children past 40 I think I better just forget about retirement too!
              When my youngest graduates from high school I'll be a few months shy of 65.

My oldest is going to be 24 and is already a manager at DHS in Honolulu.

So my oldest boy can help me out when I'm too old and poor for myself and my wife in retirement

Now if I can only convince my five other boys to become a heart surgeon, dentist, lawyer...I'll be set in my senior years.

Comment

I'm sure we qualify gor the $1200 maximum, but it'll go straight to my wife's bank account (as will the federal return), so I won't get to see any of it directly. No stimulus payment for the kids: they're all over 17.

Comment

I'm sure we qualify gor the $1200 maximum, but it'll go straight to my wife's bank account (as will the federal return), so I won't get to see any of it directly. No stimulus payment for the kids: they're all over 17.
                  Yeah three of mine are adults all I have left are my three minor children...hmmm gotta make more! Yeah that's the ticket! Oh wait no can

Comment

Good news! we in the first group that had our returns direct deposited will be seeing our money this coming Monday, instead of May 2nd, that Friday they'd planned. Days after that the checks for the first group will start going out, so in other words the whole shebang is starting early.
                    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Just in time for the summer camp program! Thanks, Dubya!

BTW, when I first saw it in the account, I freaked out and it took me a few minutes to realize what it was.

Comment

The last 2 digits of my social security # are high. Darn, life is so unfair.
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Mine is about 1/3 of the way up from "00," but my better half's # is under "10." Since the federal refund is going to her bank account, I wonder if this means the stimulus payment will follow suit and go out early ..........

Comment

Ocean, yeppers!

The account your refund went to direct-deposit wise, is the same account they're gonna just dump it into, Monday! Woo hoo, two more days.
                            Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

OTOH, what difference does it make to me? It's not passing through my account! She gets the federal refund and stimulus (about $3K) and I get the state refund (a little over $1K).

Years ago, I learned that whenever I give her bucks to pay for things, there's no change. Examples:

1) 1991 Disneyland - $5K to give to her sister who made arrangements with the travel agency; cost $4300, so the $700 balance was converted to travelers' checks; that went unused, but upon return, that money was deposited in HER account; when I inquired why, she retorted that since I had done business in California with a classmate of mine and got paid $5700 for my effort, I had essentially made back the initial $5K I had withdrawn from my account and "netted" an extra $700; therefore, since I netted $700, she should also make $700;

2) 2004 Japan - $10K as she made arrangements with the travel agency; took 350K yen, came back with 130K unspent yen (app. $1100); no change for me.

BTW, her degree was in accounting ...........

Comment

OTOH, what difference does it make to me? It's not passing through my account! She gets the federal refund and stimulus (about $3K) and I get the state refund (a little over $1K).

Years ago, I learned that whenever I give her bucks to pay for things, there's no change. Examples:

1) 1991 Disneyland - $5K to give to her sister who made arrangements with the travel agency; cost $4300, so the $700 balance was converted to travelers' checks; that went unused, but upon return, that money was deposited in HER account; when I inquired why, she retorted that since I had done business in California with a classmate of mine and got paid $5700 for my effort, I had essentially made back the initial $5K I had withdrawn from my account and "netted" an extra $700; therefore, since I netted $700, she should also make $700;

2) 2004 Japan - $10K as she made arrangements with the travel agency; took 350K yen, came back with 130K unspent yen (app. $1100); no change for me.

BTW, her degree was in accounting ...........
                                Yeah but we still love ya here on this board What does she get?

What we offer here is priceless

Comment

Working...
                                X