Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 3

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Four.
    #5) James Monroe
    #13) Millard Fillmore
    #14) Franklin Pierce
    #30) Calvin Coolidge
    How many of the four could you eliminate whose ancestors didn't trace back to the Mayflower? Shocking, that all those names ends with an "e." All these years and all those names which ends in a, i, o, and u. Not one?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      But, AlohaKine...Obama smokes. You, of all people, should give him props for that!
      Yes, but he is ashamed of it. A closet case self loather with a wife on his case about it. I don't trust him on that one. I don't have that problem because I date a smoker.

Now if Obama was proud of it, that would be wonderful.

I fear he will be like the homophobic guy that is secretly gay and ashamed of it that beats up on other gay men.
      Last edited by AlohaKine; August 20, 2008, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
        Shocking, that all those names ends with an "e." All these years and all those names which ends in a, i, o, and u. Not one?
        How many millions of American citizens have there been since the office of President was first created? And we're only electing our 44th person to the office, out of those millions. You're stretching to make your point here.

Comment

Obama is as ready as anyone for the job. No one (in decades) is 'ready' to be President.
          If Bush could do it, and he couldn't/didn't, then anybody can. Sure can't do worse than Bush has, unless you want to vote for McSame and see the Supreme Court become full of Scalia brains!
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I prefer the way Pat Oliphant put it.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              How many millions of American citizens have there been since the office of President was first created? And we're only electing our 44th person to the office, out of those millions. You're stretching to make your point here.
              If I just walk outside, and the first 44 people I meet, there must be at least one person whose last name ends in a,i,o, or u. Unless, it's a Cokie Roberts' world.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                If I just walk outside, and the first 44 people I meet, there must be at least one person whose last name ends in a,i,o, or u. Unless, it's a Cokie Roberts' world.
                Yet another reason to say: "Lucky you live Hawai`i," yeah?

Comment

http://www.phxnews.com/fullstory.php?article=62031

"The complaint is asking for declaratory (asking the court to declare Obama is not a US citizen, a “natural born” citizen and not eligible under the qualifications of the US Constitution to run for Office of President). The law suite is asking for a temporary restraining order (TRO) prohibiting Obama from running for President until documents are provided proving he is eligible to run for POTUS. /snip
                  "I filed this action at this time," Berg stated, "to avoid the obvious problems that will occur when the Republican Party raises these issues after Obama is nominated." Berg cited a number of unanswered questions regarding the Illinois senator's background, and in the lawsuit documents maintained that Sen. Obama is not a naturalized U.S. citizen or that, if he ever was, he lost his citizenship when he was adopted in Indonesia. Berg also cites what he calls "dual loyalties" due to his citizenship and ties with Kenya and Indonesia.

Even if Sen. Obama can prove his U.S. citizenship, Berg stated, citing the senator's use of a birth certificate from the state of Hawaii verified as a forgery by three independent document forensic experts, the issue of "multi-citizenship with responsibilities owed to and allegiance to other countries" remains on the table.
                  /snip"

The Hillary supporter filing this suit claims that Obama's birth certificate on record is a forgery. No wonder they wanted Hillary to be entered into nomination at the Party Convention. If they think they can remove Obama, then she does become the party nominee. But there's a lot of criticism that there wasn't much research and not good research done before this suit was filed. I can't believe Obama got this far without all this being thoroughly checked out so I would be really really surprised if there was any real basis at all for this suit. All in all, I think the Hillary supporters like this are just going to destroy the democratic party.

Comment

McCain was born in the Canal Zone, Panama, not a native born American citizen. A 1937 law granted him and others born in the Canal Zone after 1904citizenship, but it came a year after he was born, so how can he possibly be considered a native born American. Not worth arguing about, it won't go anywhere, its just an interesting twist.

Comment

I listened to (maybe) this guy last night on www.coasttocoastam.com and he seemed rather oblique at best on his answers to pointed questions.
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Today the McCain campaign is trying drive a wedge between Obama and Clinton.

"The latest (ad), released by the campaign early Sunday, features clips of Clinton during the primary battle saying critical things about Obama, including, "Senator Obama's campaign has become increasingly negative."
                        A voiceover announcer says, "She won millions of votes but isn't on the ticket. Why? For speaking the truth."

FOR ONCE, I WOULD LIKE THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES TO TALK ABOUT ISSUES, NOT PERSONALITIES!

McCain and his staff are inept.
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

This is why Dems won't win the White House.....and they truly don't get it.

http://news.aol.com/political-machin...288x1200453407

Wouldn't want to let anything as silly as the First Amendment interrupt the proceedings. Free Speech is fine, unless you are perceived as disagreeing with the liberal philosophy.
                          Last edited by timkona; August 24, 2008, 06:09 PM.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

"Recreate '68."

Hmm.

I hope it will be recreated. Not many violence on TV and in the news lately.

The Russian invasion of Georgia don't count since not many really care (or show any concern).

Yep, Democrats know how to party.
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                              Today the McCain campaign is trying drive a wedge between Obama and Clinton.

"The latest (ad), released by the campaign early Sunday, features clips of Clinton during the primary battle saying critical things about Obama, including, "Senator Obama's campaign has become increasingly negative."
                              A voiceover announcer says, "She won millions of votes but isn't on the ticket. Why? For speaking the truth."

FOR ONCE, I WOULD LIKE THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES TO TALK ABOUT ISSUES, NOT PERSONALITIES!

McCain and his staff are inept.
                              Unfortunately, the campaigns have gone into a tit-for-tat pattern.

You can bet that the Democrats have a lot of Mitt Romney barbs about McCain ready to use in commercials, should the former Massachusetts Gov. get the VP nod.

Romney: "He's (McCain) a good Republican; I wouldn't question those credentials at all. But there are a number of pieces of legislation where his views are out of the mainstream, at least in my view, of conservative Republican thought." (1/31/08)

Romney: "Senator McCain has proven that he will say anything to win." (2/5/08)
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...-and-michigan/

"DENVER, Colorado (CNN) – In another bid to restore party unity, the Democratic National Committee voted unanimously Sunday to restore full convention voting rights to Florida and Michigan delegates. /snip"

*sigh* That seems to be a move that will only annoy. It won't satisfy the hard-core Clinton supporters or the people who were all indignant about the DNC trying to impose a penalty for Florida and Michigan breaking the party rules or the people who felt that Florida and Michigan should be penalized for breaking the party rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X