X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 3

Originally posted by timkona View Post
    Getting angry is natural.
    Anger is not natural in every situation. Not being able to control your anger is unnatural. the ol' stinkeye.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
      I wanted to find out if it was true that McCain used that 'C' word to his wife in public
      If I said that about my wonderful wife - even in private - I'd have my cajones on a plate for my next meal and divorce papers in the mail the next day. I would never have any reason to say that about her, no matter how angry I may be. She's the perfect antidote to a matapule.

What does this say about Cindy McCain?

In my village, Fakatulolo was the noble but his wife Tok'anga was the power behing the noble. Fortunately, she liked me.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        [...]
        What does this say about Cindy McCain?
        [...]
        This is exactly what I've been thinking but wasn't sure it was appropriate to bring it up in this thread. Since you were the first, I'll continue!

I doubt we'll ever know what Cindy McCain might've endured during the ensuing 16 years...or even prior to the name calling incident in question. Still, it makes me curious as to why she might've had a stroke at such a young age.

Photographs at the link above show a very gaunt C. McCain in 2008 by comparison to her 2001 photo. Yes, 7 years makes a difference for everyone. Still, her change has been alarming to me. Surgery? Probably! Stress? Probably! Regardless, she's not staying with McCain for financial security.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Photographs at the link above show a very gaunt C. McCain in 2008 by comparison to her 2001 photo.
          Cindy McCain is a drug addict, addicted to pain killers...like Rush Limbarf. She was in cahoots with her personal physician to write prescriptions in other people's names. Her former physician says she was taking as many as 50 pills a day (Tutu you remember the Valley of the Dolls). That carries a prison term of 20 years. Cindy M got off on a plea bargain, but her physician lost his license to practice. He is p1ssed and is now spilling the beans. I will try to find the link.

Tutu, it is much worse than we all know.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Regardless, she's not staying with McCain for financial security.
            She's staying with McCain because of that aphrodisiac called POWER.

In my opinion, Cindy McCain is a person of low self esteem. Contrast that to Sarah Palin, a woman with an inflated self esteem.

Comment

Just what we need...the White House full of even more dysfunctional people!

Comment

Barack Obama canceled his scheduled appearance on tonight's season premiere of SNL, due to the Hurricane Ike situation. Be that as it may, the not-ready-for-primetime players didn't let that stop them from inserting a lil politics into the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBFk9XC3YLs
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Cindy McCain is a drug addict, addicted to pain killers...like Rush Limbarf. She was in cahoots with her personal physician to write prescriptions in other people's names. Her former physician says she was taking as many as 50 pills a day (Tutu you remember the Valley of the Dolls). That carries a prison term of 20 years. Cindy M got off on a plea bargain, but her physician lost his license to practice. He is p1ssed and is now spilling the beans. I will try to find the link.

Tutu, it is much worse than we all know.

I thought that Cindy McCain started the American Voluntary Medical Team (a charity meant to provide medical help to third world or disaster stricken areas) and that she stole her drugs from her own charitable organization by having an AVMT doctor write prescriptions in the name of others for her. I have some sympathy for her being drug addicted but I wondered why she would steal the drugs from a charity. She had enough money to buy her own damned drugs. AVMT did not survive the controversy. Was the AVMT doctor also her own personal doctor?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                    OOOOOH
                    MYYYYYY
                    GAAAAWD!

30 Rock needs to go on hiatus 'til the elections are pau! Fey nailed it. She absolutely nailed it.

(I had to check the comments to make sure it really wasn't Palin! )

Comment

Let's see if we can figure out whose side McCain is on in the current financial crisis. According to the New York Times:

"Individuals associated with Merrill Lynch, which sold itself to Bank of America in the market upheaval of the past weekend, have given his presidential campaign nearly $300,000, making them Mr. McCain’s largest contributor, collectively."

You can read the whole article here.

Comment

• Originally posted by matapule View Post
                        Let's see if we can figure out whose side McCain is on in the current financial crisis. According to the New York Times:

"Individuals associated with Merrill Lynch, which sold itself to Bank of America in the market upheaval of the past weekend, have given his presidential campaign nearly $300,000, making them Mr. McCain’s largest contributor, collectively."
                        It's not just Merrill Lynch. Look at the list of the 159 registered lobbyists who are now working for McCain's campaign and the companies they represent. It virtually reads like a list of Fortune 500 firms. And yes, they include Merrill Lynch, Bank of America, and AIG.

http://progressiveaccountability.org.../05/lobbyists/
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Moveon.org is addressing the lobbyist issue in this latest commercial.

Comment

As if McCain's misstatement about the economy over the last couple of days weren't bad enough, the Arizona Senator's campaign has found itself going off-message by dealing with two seperate distractions started by McCain's own surrogates.

There's former HP CEO Carly Fiorina, who said that McCain wouldn't be qualified to be the CEO of a company,..... but he somehow would be qualified for the more daunting responsibility of being President?

http://www.411mania.com/politics/col...ets-Canned.htm

And then there's policy adviser Douglas Holtz-Eakin, claiming that McCain invented the Blackberry??? Good thing for McCain that this little gem came out before he appeared on The View. I can imagine Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg making McCain look foolish by asking him to send a text message to their phones.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...,7962227.story

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                              There's former HP CEO Carly Fiorina, who said that McCain wouldn't be qualified to be the CEO of a company,.....
                              In defence of Fiorina, she said none of the candidates - McCain, Obama, Palin, Biden - would be capable of running a large company. I think she makes a good point. A life (or less in the case of Obama and Palin) in politics does not necessarily qualify you to operate a mega business like the US government. That is why a President SHOULD appoint qualified, unbiased, non-conflicted advisors that can recommend appropriate financial strategies. That has not happened with our current President and it appears it would not happen with McCain if you look at the people who are advising him now. Conversely, President Clinton had very good, savvy, financial advisors.

I admire what Fiorina said. Now that is straight talk! All the candidates should listen to her.

Comment

In defence of Fiorina, she said none of the candidates - McCain, Obama, Palin, Biden - would be capable of running a large company. I think she makes a good point.
                                LOL! I think you're entirely missing the point of why this story made headlines. It's not so much what Fiorina said that was newsworthy. If political columnist John Q. Public and TV talking head Jane Doe said the same thing, ho-hum, nobody cares. What gave this story traction is who Fiorina is. She's supposed to be a co-chair for McCain's presidential campaign and a chief economic surrogate. When she's out there doing interviews for CNN and NBC, she's supposed to be stumping for McCain, not stroking her own ego by saying that neither of the presidential candidates are incapable of doing the job she once held.

You and others can applaud her for being honest by speaking her own mind, but that is not the purpose for which the McCain campaign sent her out to the media for, I assure you. And because she holds an official position as a McCain surrogate, the Arizona senator's campaign can't ignore Fiorina's statement and they have to spend at least a couple of days going off-message and dealing with this brushfire.

Hey, you can say amen to a blogger on the Huffington Post who says that Obama has a hard time getting votes in some rural areas because those regions are filled with racist bigots. But if a senior advisor in the Obama campaign said that, can you imagine what the impact will be? Once again, what would create the headlines is not so much what is said, but who is saying it.

A life (or less in the case of Obama and Palin) in politics does not necessarily qualify you to operate a mega business like the US government. That is why a President SHOULD appoint qualified, unbiased, non-conflicted advisors that can recommend appropriate financial strategies.
                                There's no such thing as totally "unbiased" advisors. Any advisor/consultant that a President appoints is human and capable of making miscalculations and errors. That is why Harry Truman once said: the bucks stops here. The bottom line is that it is the President who makes the final decisions on policy matters and is held accountable for them, not the advisors. That is the mantle of responsibility that a true leader accepts. I certainly don't want a President, Democrat or Republican, who passes the buck and blames his advisor whenever one of his proposals or decisions goes wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X