Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dennis Kucinich introduces 35 articles of impeachment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
    Molly Ivins wrote a book and she wrote for a newspaper. Her coverage extended to perhaps a tenth of one per cent of the American public. The other 99.9% of the media continually talked about the stain on Monica's dress.
    Molly Ivins worked for several papers including the NY Times, before becoming a nationally syndicated news columnist in 2001 (just in time for the run-up to Dubya’s Iraq War). Strange that you don’t know this, since you claim to have read her book. To say she wrote for a newspaper that extended to a tenth of one percent of readers, is insulting and inaccurate.

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
    Sure, Molly Ivins did a great job, but her great job absolutely does not mean that the other 99.9 % of the press did its job.
    They should have done a better job, but your characterization is unfair and misleading. Several journalists including Bob Simon and Warren Strobel did in fact question the Bush administration's case and were very critical in their reporting. As I said before, the truth was available, but few readers and viewers bothered to pay attention.

Honestly, Kalalau, I think the way you shoot from the hip with your broad indictments is similar to Bush.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

In addition to being a true journalist Molly Ivins had a wonderful sense of humor. From Shrub...Gays in west Texas were afraid to let on that they were gay because they were afraid the people there would think they were Democrats. And in one interview, the interviewer introduced her as one of Mr. Bush's harshest critics..."Oh heavens no, not me", she said, "I am far from the harshest." She claimed to have actually liked Mr. Bush. She said he was a nice fellow on a personal level and from what I have heard, that is true.

If anyone wishes to read "Shrub" be sure to pay special attention to the chapter about Mr. Bush's environmental record as gov. of Texas, I believe it is titled "We're Number One". If anything should have warned the public about Mr. Bush, that would have been it. But of course the press was too busy reporting about dress stains to bother with anything actually relevant.

Comment

Anyhow, Kalalau, keep reading through my links and educate yourself. Getting back on topic...

Originally posted by timkona View Post
        It was fun yesterday to watch Bill O'Reilly and Dennis Kucinich agree that speculators were crippling the oil markets.
        Oh, you mean this interview? Indeed, one of those rare moments. (Although I think Kucinich held his own against Bill in the impeachment discussion)

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
        I have to give Dennis credit at least he has made some campaign stops in Hawaii before, cannot say the same for the other candidates. I bet Nixon and Kennedy were the last Prez candidates to visit the islands.
        The last visit I know of that Obama made is discussed here. He still hadn’t declared his candidacy at that point, though he was already a U.S. Senator.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
        X