Who will you vote for President ’08?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will you vote for President ’08?

Please be sure to comment on your reason for making the choice you did, after voting.
    Barack Obama (Democrat)
    43.33%
    John McCain (Republican)
    20.00%
    Bob Barr (Libertarian)
    6.67%
    Ralph Nader (Green)
    3.33%
    Chuck Baldwin (Constitution)
    0.00%
    Prefer Ron Paul, but write-ins aren’t allowed in Hawai‘i. :(
    3.33%
    None of the above/ undecided
    23.33%

The poll is expired.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Re: Who will you vote for President ’08?

Obama...cause he's a local boy.
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Obama is the only candidate who can knock it down from the 3 point line.

Comment

I'm still waiting to see who gets chosen to be the VP candidates. I hope I'll still find Obama to be an appealing candidate by then

Comment

Obama's victory on the Hawaii ballot is a sure thing, so I am free to vote with my party for Bob Barr.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Give me another 2 months, then I might start leaning one way or tother. No doubt one guy knows about war, and we seem to be in one at the moment. No doubt the other guy has too little experience (hopefully) to be swayed by the institution of industrial government, and therefore might have more sympathy for the common man.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
              I'm still waiting to see who gets chosen to be the VP candidates. I hope I'll still find Obama to be an appealing candidate by then
              According to the Boston Globe, a congresswoman has actually confirmed that John Edwards and Sam Nunn are on Obama’s short list. That should please timkona.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                Obama is the only candidate who can knock it down from the 3 point line.
                Cool! Obama has the cool factor. McCain can compete with his old guy cool. Cool old guys include Clint Eastwood, Jack Nicholson, Paul Newman, and Morgan Freeman.

Comment

I wanted Hillary to be the nominee because she would have had connectioins and experience that Senator Obama does not. But I will be voting for Obama and wishing him all the luck in the world in dealing with the disaster Mr. Bush has produced. It is my fear that Mr. Bush will find some excuse for "postponing" the elections. I can't imagine anyone with his degree of criminal liability giving up power.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                    Obama's victory on the Hawaii ballot is a sure thing, so I am free to vote with my party for Bob Barr.
                    I will probably end up voting for Barr as well...but is he really a Libertarian? Or is he just using the party to mount a third-party run and ride the coattails of the Ron Paul Revolution?

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                    I wanted Hillary to be the nominee because she would have had connectioins and experience that Senator Obama does not.
                    I could never vote for Hillary because she voted for the Iraq War and refused to apologize. She voted for the USA Patriot Act, which is now used to spy on Americans by the Bush Administration. She used race as a wedge and hinted that Obama should be assassinated. And finally, she has a husband who allowed hundreds of million$ worth of cocaine to be shipped into Arkansas as governor, because like his rock-star brother Roger, was a cocaine addict.

Ron Paul, on the other hand, voted against authorizing the Iraq War and voted against the USA Patriot Act. He has never voted to raise taxes. Unlike McCain and Obama, he would immediately bring our troops home. He would eliminate the IRS, the Federal Reserve, and the Department of Homeland Security. And most importantly, he has come out publicly against the New World Order.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                      I could never vote for Hillary because she voted for the Iraq War and refused to apologize.
                      for someone who never apologizes himself for, among other things, accusing people wrongfully of having "hidden agendas" or for making comments about other people's resumes (which you've never seen), this is utterly laughable.
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

hi this is sansei and i would Vote for John Mccain is he has what bush has,experience not like Obama who's never been in war and wouldnt know what to do if not saying it would happen,if it happen's a possible future war,he'd know how to send out troops as he see's fit and bring home one's that served their time and even if clinton had the nomination,she would be like this:O( She wouldnt know what to do if war came about.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                          hi this is sansei and i would Vote for John Mccain is he has what bush has,experience not like Obama who's never been in war
                          I'm sorry. Which war was President Bush in?

and wouldnt know what to do if not saying it would happen,if it happen's a possible future war,he'd know how to send out troops as he see's fit and bring home one's that served their time and even if clinton had the nomination,she would be like this:O( She wouldnt know what to do if war came about.
                          Why do you keep saying "would" and "if war came about?" Are you aware that there IS a war going on, and that we started it and that there is no apparent end in sight, nor any meaningful plan to resolve it?
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                            I will probably end up voting for Barr as well...but is he really a Libertarian? Or is he just using the party to mount a third-party run and ride the coattails of the Ron Paul Revolution?
                            Usually when I vote for the Libertarian presidential candidate, I'm not really voting for the candidate but for the party and its continued inclusion on future ballots in this state.
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to scrivener.i realize that a war is going on only say's it's a future war when mccain is still president,then if their could happen to be a future war,he'd mccain would know what to do and bush even from what i heard served in the military so he knew what to do and same with mccain,i hope this may help with your thoughts?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Working...
                              X