The Anthrax Poisonings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Anthrax Poisonings

CSPAN carried the news conference by FBI and postal authorities presenting evidence against Dr. Bruce Ivins as the prime suspect in the Anthrax poisonings. Their case seemed pretty tight. Ron Kuby on Air America today passed along the fact that Dr. Ivins was a rabidly anti-choice, anti-abortion rights fundamentalist Christian. Maybe Kuby was wrong. Maybe Dr. Ivins' connection to fundamentalist Christianity was irrelevant to his alleged crime. However, it should have been reported.

Re: The Anthrax Poisonings

I don't believe anything the FBI sez. This case is far from closed, no matter how badly they want to get away from it.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I read a Washington Post article today and found out that he frequented a message board in 2006 that I regularly post on.

I publicly called him out on something and he and I even exchanged PMs at one point.

Needless to say, upon finding out that username's true identity this morning, I was very creeped out.
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

i thought i read recently that most of the evidence was circumstantial? some of his neighbors seemed to think that he was an alright kinda guy. nothing seemed out-of-sorts with him.

LL: um, just don't open any funny looking envelopes unless you know the sender's true identity.
        "chaos reigns within.
        reflect, repent and reboot.
        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
          CSPAN carried the news conference by FBI and postal authorities presenting evidence against Dr. Bruce Ivins as the prime suspect in the Anthrax poisonings. Their case seemed pretty tight. Ron Kuby on Air America today passed along the fact that Dr. Ivins was a rabidly anti-choice, anti-abortion rights fundamentalist Christian. Maybe Kuby was wrong. Maybe Dr. Ivins' connection to fundamentalist Christianity was irrelevant to his alleged crime. However, it should have been reported.
          And if he happens to be a regular D&D player or a WoW gamer, should that also be reported, despite irrelevancy?
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

It probably would have been REALLY important to report that he wore purple underwear and shopped at the local Safeway, too.

Some things aren't so necessary to report, unless you plan to aim your reporting one way or another. And I am certain there are those journalists on this site who have the proper descriptive terminology for that kind of reporting.

I'm just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
              I read a Washington Post article today and found out that he frequented a message board in 2006 that I regularly post on.
              I publicly called him out on something and he and I even exchanged PMs at one point.
              Needless to say, upon finding out that username's true identity this morning, I was very creeped out.
              There ya' go, another example of why people might choose to remain anonymous on message boards - a maniacal, killer scientist might be lurking about.
              Signed,
              NO WAY am I gona say!
              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

The reason why Dr. Ivins' fundamentalist Christian anti-abortion, anti-womens' rights beliefs were important and should have been reported by the press was that two of his targets, Senators Daschele and Leahy, have always been in favor of choice and in favor of womens' rights. Ivins' religious beliefs fill in a blank, they explain why Leahy and Daschele were targeted for death. If someone's religious beliefs motivate their crime, the press has a duty to report that fact honestly. It would not have been ignored in court, you can be sure of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                  The reason why Dr. Ivins' fundamentalist Christian anti-abortion, anti-womens' rights beliefs were important and should have been reported by the press was that two of his targets, Senators Daschele and Leahy, have always been in favor of choice and in favor of womens' rights. Ivins' religious beliefs fill in a blank, they explain why Leahy and Daschele were targeted for death. If someone's religious beliefs motivate their crime, the press has a duty to report that fact honestly. It would not have been ignored in court, you can be sure of that.
                  That's two of his five targets. What were the other three's positions on those issues you mentioned? What motive do they have against them?

Oh, and one more thing. Should we start profiling religious fundamentalists? Should we go further and monitor the moderates and lapses? Why not start my Sunday mornings greeting FBI suits on the doorstep of my church?

Comment

Once again it wasnt the Taliban, Sadaam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden or Bozo the clown that did this. It was an American, just like in the OK City bombing, despite the efforts to swing the propaganda in the direction of it being some crazy terrorist.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                      Once again it wasnt the Taliban, Sadaam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden or Bozo the clown that did this. It was an American, just like in the OK City bombing, despite the efforts to swing the propaganda in the direction of it being some crazy terrorist.
                      So, Muhammad Atta is an American citizen?

And if you had to ask, google his name.

Comment

I wonder if Dr. Bruce Ivins was the ujee guy of the office?

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                          So, Muhammad Atta is an American citizen?
                          What did he have to do with the anthrax mailings...?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            What did he have to do with the anthrax mailings...?
                            Probably nothing. Probably something.

So, if there is another such anthrax incident, do we look among ourselves?

Comment

Working...
                            X