Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "even flip-flopped on torture"

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Let's not forget that a younger and stronger JMc succumbed to VC torture, so maybe he thinks it works.
    And of course, this administration tells us they got important information from 'enhanced interrogations', even tho in the same breath they say they don't torture..., and won't tell us anything about what info they got or what/who was saved...
    I am reading a spy novel called "The Spoilers" by Michael Gilbert. Here is what one of the characters says with regards to torture:

"If you wanted to break a man down, what did you do? First you made him uncomfortable. It was far more demoralizing for a man to be cold, or filty, or sleepless, or thirsty than actually to be hurt. Discomfort weakens. Torture builds up resistance."

I think that is a very interesting statement. I guess it depends on what the definition of torture is.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Re: Joseph Biden - The best pick?

From what we know of Gitmo interrogations, the FBI had great success initially in getting real info by 'friendly' methods, but that wasn't good enuf for this administration. They needed to bust them up, seemingly just to make themselves feel good or important, so they sent in the CIA goons when gleaning info on the non-existing WMDs became impossible. And they didn't get squat, except a healthy black eye forevermore on the face of this country.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
      X