Who should be McCain's VP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who should be McCain's VP?

Intersting article on Sarah Palin from the Seattle Times.
    Paints her as a bit of a tyrant.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...palin01m0.html

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
      Well articulated, Frankie. Surely this exact scenario has played out in families everywhere, and absent politics, would definitely fall into the "none of our business," "not relevant" category. But Palin has definitely played to her audience and deftly turned this pregnancy to her advantage. She's a working mom who worked right up until the last moment! She's a staunch pro-lifer that wouldn't ever second guess bringing a special needs child into this world! She made Trig's birth part of her public persona... and the scrutiny is, IMHO, not out of line.
      Not to mention the very simple fact that if one chooses to run for President or Vice President, the normal expectations of privacy that is afforded to John Q. Public don't apply.

What President Truman said over a half century ago still applies. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

While I do feel some sympathy for Bristol Palin for the embarrassment she must be going through right now, she's paying the price for mother Sarah entering into the national arena. The fact that she was a largely unknown political figure suddenly thrusted into the national limelight must have come as a shocking jolt to the Palin family. Hopefully, Sarah knew what she getting herself into before accepting McCain's nomination offer. If she thought it was going to be all glamour, excitement, and a walk in the park, then she was sadly, sadly mistaken.

Morevoer, if there's any truth to these rumors about Sarah actually being the grandmother of Trig, I wonder if the Palins' scheme of subterfuge was designed to withstand the scrutiny of an aggressive national media, instead of merely pulling the wool over the eyes of the local Alaskan yokels.

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
      An updated post at the admittedly uberbiased Daily Kos makes an even stronger case... mentioning, among many things, the questionable medical advice to get on the plane, the disappearance of information related to her doctor, and more than a few photos of Trig and Bristol Palin.
      You know, if it was just one or two things that were true, I would've dismissed this whole thing out of hand. But when you look at all of the strange circumstances, coincidences, and you add them all up,..... as the old saying goes, where there's smoke, there could very well be fire.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

hi this is sansei and as i've shared.i'd only vote for Mccain and palin is they are the best choice,mccain for Pres and Palin for Vp and they could win over obama and Biden and mccain and Palin have my vote.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
          hi this is sansei and as i've shared.i'd only vote for Mccain and palin is they are the best choice,mccain for Pres and Palin for Vp and they could win over obama and Biden and mccain and Palin have my vote.

well thank's for your time
          Sansei, you already mentioned this a few times. We get it.

Aj

Comment

I just now saw this story on CNN.com:

Teen daughter of GOP VP pick is pregnant

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) -- Bristol Palin, the 17-year-old daughter of Sarah Palin, is pregnant and will keep the baby and marry the father, a senior aide to Sen. John McCain confirmed to CNN Tuesday.
            Republican presidential candidate McCain was aware of Bristol Palin's pregnancy before he chose her mother for his running mate, the aide said.
            "Senator McCain knew this and felt in no way did it disqualify her from being vice president," said the aide. "Families have difficulties sometimes, and lucky for her she has a supportive family."
            The 17-year-old, a senior in high school, is about five months along, in her second trimester, according to the aide.
            The aide said it was decided the campaign would reveal this information now because of rampant Internet rumors that Sarah Palin's 4-month-old baby, who has Down syndrome, was actually Bristol's.
            "In the course of correcting that, we needed to get the truth out," said the McCain aide.
            Sarah and Todd Palin issued a statement saying they are "proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents."
            (...)
            The McCain aide insisted a key point to keep in mind is that Bristol decided to keep the baby, a decision "supported by her parents."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I think Palin will quit for personal reasons, and then McCain will pick Pawlenty or Jindal (the latter if he is perceived to have handled Gustav well)

Comment

Th story gets more bizarre by the hour! Now we are asked to believe THIS story? I predict that Bristol Palin will have a miscarriage within the next few days because of all the stress caused by the media attention. I also predict that all records of the miscarriage will be sealed as confidential. She will devote all her love toward her baby "brother" to compensate for post partum depression.

It is time for Sarah Palin to pull out of the race and go back to Alaska.
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

One thing is for certain. The Palin family does NOT need a fertility drug.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

This is not looking good for Sarah Palin's judgement. No matter which way you want to spin this, this is a disaster.

Let's presume the latest story is false. So we have another lie to cover up a lie to cover up a lie. When will the lying stop? Sarah Palin, Shame on you.

Let's presume the story is true. This is what the Washington Post says:

"Senator McCain's view is this is a private family matter. As parents, (the Palins) love their daughter unconditionally and are going to support their daughter," said McCain spokesman Steve Schmidt.
                    "Life happens," he said.
                    "An American family," added Salter.
                    "The advisers said Palin told them about the pregnancy during lengthy discussions about her background. At several points during the discussions, McCain's team warned Palin that the scrutiny into her private life would be intense and that there was nothing she could do to prepare for it."

Why would Sarah Palin put her 17 year old daughter through this. She knew this was going to come out. Why would you put your daughter through this just to further your own personal ambitions? Sarah Palin has demonstrated she is insensitive and self centered when it comes to her own family.

Shame on you Sarah Palin! My sympathies go out to Bristol. She has a mother who doesn't consider her the most important thing in her life.

This is indeed sad.
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                      [...]
                      Let's presume the latest story is false.[...]
                      Let's presume the story is true. [...]
                      And, herein lies my now ongoing problem with Gov. Palin. I will be applying "true or false?" to everything she says or is said about her. Any vestige of credibility is out the window, afaic.

Could this be Bristol's 2nd pregnancy? It's possible. I have an acquaintance who, at 16, gave birth to her first child. Seven months later she gave birth to her 2nd child who, for all of you with raised eyebrows, was 2 months premature!

There's just sumthin' very, very wrong with this whole Gov. Palin picture.

Comment

In my experience (and I’m sure the videophiles on HT will agree with me) is that video is a lot more telling than a single photograph. AlaskaPodShow interviewed Palin as she briskly walked to work on a cold February morning. She is supposedly seven months pregnant at the time. The rendezvous occurs about four minutes in. Considering how big she has gotten in previous pregnancies, I think the truth is clear.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                        USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

They seem to be the poster family for "Abstinence Only". Only teach kids to say no, but don't give them any knowledge about how to actually avoid pregnancy--that would be indecent. How could her candidacy be anything other than toast?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                            Only teach kids to say no, but don't give them any knowledge about how to actually avoid pregnancy--that would be indecent.
                            A common trait amongst those who are conservatives in this realm - they feel that teaching about or providing condoms or other forms of birth control will only lead teens to have more sex.

Comment

War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery, Ignorance Is Strength
                              Orwell

Comment

Working...
                              X