War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery, Ignorance Is Strength
    Orwell
    Sounds like a Jihadist's Motto.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

• Re: Who should be McCain's VP?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26496189

"ST. PAUL - The 17-year-old daughter of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is pregnant, Palin said Monday in an announcement intended to knock down rumors by liberal bloggers that Palin faked her own pregnancy to cover up for her child. /snip"

Comment

So Sarah's husband has to essentially raise now 6 children with hardly any help from his spouse who will be running for VP and quite possibly a VP if they win the election. What does he do for a living?

I'd like to hear from her in a speech or debate why she thinks her purpose is better served serving the country or helping support her family by staying in Alaska and continuing the job as Governor of the state.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Could this be Bristol's 2nd pregnancy? It's possible. I have an acquaintance who, at 16, gave birth to her first child. Seven months later she gave birth to her 2nd child who, for all of you with raised eyebrows, was 2 months premature!
          TuTu, here is where subterfuge comes into play. Were one lie necessitates a bigger lie, and on we go.

My theory is that Bristol is NOT pregnant at this time. But they had to concoct this story that she is 5 months pregnant to cover for the fact that the baby, Trig, was born 4 months ago....ergo, Bristol cannot possibly be the mother. Now, if Sarah says Bristol is pregnant now, then based on the families purported Christian ethics she must marry the father, a boy by the name of Levi whose last name and age are unknown. I believe that Levi is the father of Trig but for whatever reason they did not want to get married. Now that this story has come out, they are being required to get married, perhaps against their will, in order to save Sarah Palin's career.

I saw Bristol over the weekend on TV. She didn't look 5 months pregnant to me. But what do I know? When both my daughters were born, Mrs. Mui Houma looked as big as a barn at 5 months.

The cynic in me believes that Bristol will suffer a "miscarriage" within the next couple of weeks and the medical records will be sealed, so no way to check the veracity of the pregnancy. So the presumption is that Bristol cannot be the mother of Trig, but there is no longer a pregnancy to verify that. Now the GOP and Palin's family will blame the "mean old media" for causing so much stress to Bristol that she suffered a miscarriage. It's a win-win situation for the GOP if they can pull off this deception. Later, should Bristol and Levi, separate (which stands to good reason they will) then again it can be blamed on the media.

I can't believe how they are abusing these two teenagers, Bristol and Levi, in the national spotlight. Sarah Palin said she knew her daughter was "pregnant" before she accepted the nomination. Why is she doing this to her daughter? No mother should be this cruel.

Sarah Palin, her husband, John McCain, and the GOP strategists are wacko.......and I'm a registered Republican!
          Last edited by matapule; September 1, 2008, 11:46 AM.
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
            "ST. PAUL - The 17-year-old daughter of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is pregnant, Palin said Monday in an announcement intended to knock down rumors by liberal bloggers that Palin faked her own pregnancy to cover up for her child."
            So many sources are attributing this fake pregnancy story to "liberal bloggers." While it may be true that bloggers played a big part of proliferating this story over the last couple of days, it DID NOT START with them. This rumor was circulating locally in Alaska weeks before Palin was announced as McCain's running mate.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
              So Sarah's husband has to essentially raise now 6 children with hardly any help from his spouse who will be running for VP and quite possibly a VP if they win the election. What does he do for a living?
              He works for British Petroleum!

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                Sarah Palin said she knew her daughter was "pregnant" before she accepted the nomination.
                McCain also was told about it before he chose her. And yet there was no public announcement until this morning.. . at the exact time a major hurricane was supposed to hit New Orleans and would dominate the news, relegating the pregnancy story to the back pages. And on a holiday, to boot.
                Incredible timing.
                Coincidence?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                  McCain also was told about it before he chose her. And yet there was no public announcement until this morning.. . at the exact time a major hurricane was supposed to hit New Orleans and would dominate the news, relegating the pregnancy story to the back pages. And on a holiday, to boot.
                  Incredible timing.
                  Coincidence?
                  Interesting theory. I don't buy it. I think all this pregnancy stuff has caught him totally off-guard this past weekend. And in coming forward with the acknowledgement that Bristol Palin is 5 months pregnant now, McCain had to say that he already knew of it during the vetting process. If he said that he didn't know, it would make him look like a fool and really put his judgement into question.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                    I think all this pregnancy stuff has caught him totally off-guard this past weekend. And in coming forward with the acknowledgement that Bristol Palin is 5 months pregnant now, McCain had to say that he already knew of it during the vetting process. If he said that he didn't know, it would make him look like a fool and really put his judgement into question.
                    I agree with your assessment. Despite what McCain's staff says, I don't believe any of them knew. This stuff is hitting McCain with a one-two punch. McCain has got to be fumming with Palin for all her "surprise" chicanery. Now he is stuck with his choice who is sticking to him like a tar baby. He can't dump her, it would expose him to accusations of making bad choices (which is happening anyway, particularly by me). The only alternative is for Palin to withdraw for personal reasons.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

[...] And in coming forward with the acknowledgement that Bristol Palin is 5 months pregnant now, McCain had to say that he already knew of it during the vetting process. If he said that he didn't know, it would make him look like a fool and really put his judgement into question.
                      So, he had to concoct a lie to counter a lie that countered yet another lie? That ticket's off to a great start!

I'll add that I think LikaNui's theory is a possibility but not a probability. Regardless, the timing works in favor of McCain/Palin. Unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        I'll add that I think LikaNui's theory is a possibility but not a probability. Regardless, the timing works in favor of McCain/Palin. Unfortunately.
                        On second thought, maybe Lika Nui's theory isn't so farfetched.

This time, he used Gustav to bury the news about Bristol Palin being pregnant.

Next time, he'll use Hanna to bury the news about Sarah Palin resigning from the ticket.

Comment

Interesting theory. I don't buy it. I think all this pregnancy stuff has caught him totally off-guard this past weekend. And in coming forward with the acknowledgement that Bristol Palin is 5 months pregnant now, McCain had to say that he already knew of it during the vetting process. If he said that he didn't know, it would make him look like a fool and really put his judgement into question.
                          One advantage the McCain vetters must have seen in Palin was being a woman may possibly net disgruntled Hillary supporters (and conservative women on the other wing). Another, less tangible might have been that Palin's relative lack of experience (hey! she was president of the PTA!) would cause Obama's camp (or just an aggressive Biden) to point this out, which would poise McCain's camp for the perceived perfect counterattack to discuss Obama's experience.

If that's true, McCain reminds me of George Costanza right after he came up with his 'jerk store' come-back.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                            http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26496189

"ST. PAUL - The 17-year-old daughter of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is pregnant, Palin said Monday in an announcement intended to knock down rumors by liberal bloggers that Palin faked her own pregnancy to cover up for her child. /snip"
                            I don't know which is worse: the media trying to find this as as dirt for their fair game, despite a minor is involved, or that Sarah announcing it.

Are children of public figures fair game to media?

Would you subject your family, knowing they're dysfunctional, to this kind of scrutiny in order to serve the community in politics?
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                              One advantage the McCain vetters must have seen in Palin was being a woman may possibly net disgruntled Hillary supporters
                              Indeed, as has already been suggested a couple times in these discussions.
                              Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                              Another, less tangible might have been that Palin's relative lack of experience would cause Obama's camp to point this out, which would poise McCain's camp for the perceived perfect counterattack to discuss Obama's experience.
                              Some political analysts are saying that the GOP is done with that attack direction now, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                                Are children of public figures fair game to media?
                                The media didn't didn't discover this. The McCain campaign announced that Bristol was pregnant. It's already beginning, blame the press.

Would you subject your family, knowing they're dysfunctional, to this kind of scrutiny in order to serve the community in politics?
                                That is a critical question Sarah Palin needs to answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X